Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vandy- leiter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    We play a 3 game series @ Vandy on April 23-25. Unfortunately.

Other than that though, we have a very good SEC schedule. We get OM and Arky at home. We avoid Florida. We get Kentucky, USCe, and Mizzou as our other east opponents.
    Oh, well **** me then, lol. Oops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Time for him to opt out
    They are smoking them while they have them...the clock is ticking on opt out

vCash
    Uh, he shut our asses down in the 2019 CWS and was the CWS MVP. He may have had arm trouble somewhere during the season but he was dang sure there in the post season. Threw a no, no in the supers.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    That’s a good many pitches to be throwing your studs on back to back games in college...BUT these guys have the body to support it. Check out the lower half on rocker and leiter. That’s how a power guy is supposed to be built. Now they may blow out at some point, and over use may be the culprit, but these guys have big league builds right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Rocker broke down as a freshman, missed starts, and had arm trouble right?

I hope the full scholly boys keep throwing 120+ per outing.
    I had to google it because I didn’t remember - he had some early season soreness that kept lingering. Looks like he may have skipped at start or two but threw 90+ pitches a lot all year. By mid April we has throwing 6-7 innings most starts, then threw the no-hitter against Duke in the Super and was CWS MVP. 12-5 with 4 post season wins doesn’t seem like breaking down.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 03-20-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    What I hope for is they keep throwing 100+ pitches every start and are tired at the end of the year. The previous 2 years, Rocker has gotten a sore arm and shut it down for a couple of weeks in the middle of the season. It may or may not have helped him to be fresh at the end of the year, but it didn’t hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I had to google it because I didn’t remember - he had some early season soreness that kept lingering. Looks like he may have skipped at start or two but threw 90+ pitches a lot all year. By mid April we has throwing 6-7 innings most starts, then threw the no-hitter against Duke in the Super and was CWS MVP. 12-5 with 4 post season wins doesn’t seem like breaking down.
    Missed multiple starts. Maybe that will come get against us this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    What I hope for is they keep throwing 100+ pitches every start and are tired at the end of the year. The previous 2 years, Rocker has gotten a sore arm and shut it down for a couple of weeks in the middle of the season. It may or may not have helped him to be fresh at the end of the year, but it didn?t hurt.
    Not sure how you came up w this since last year rocker or anyone else got to the end of the year. 100 is not a big deal. They throw once a week. 35 years ago you threw on Tuesday and pitched again on sat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Not sure how you came up w this since last year rocker or anyone else got to the end of the year. 100 is not a big deal. They throw once a week. 35 years ago you threw on Tuesday and pitched again on sat.
    100 every start? No. 120-125 every start? Maybe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    100 every start? No. 120-125 every start? Maybe.
    I think it's a bigger deal to throw 25 plus pitches in back to back innings or even multiple innings than 100 or even 120 in a game. More than 120 is ok once. But not a rule.

vCash
    I think it's a bigger deal to throw 25 plus pitches in back to back innings or even multiple innings than 100 or even 120 in a game. More than 120 is ok once. But not a rule.
    Yeah I agree with that. And that's also me strawman assuming that they're going to throw those guys 120 every time. Which probably won't be the case.

vCash
    This entire thing of people throwing there arms out has me thinking of Gary rath throwing 170 pitches in a game. Was that smart? Probably not. But he pitched deep in every game his jr year and never had any arm trouble and I can assure you he didn't go less than 100 once that year. He was a bulldog!! And he threw a very heavy ball. Hitters didn't like him. Trust me

vCash
    I think I might take our staff over vandy anyway.

vCash
    Entire staff? Yes. One and two. Capital NO. But I wouldn't trade our STAFF w anyone. But I'd trade 3 of ours for rocker and leiter.

vCash
    Entire staff? Yes. One and two. Capital NO. But I wouldn't trade our STAFF w anyone. But I'd trade 3 of ours for rocker and leiter.
    Yea, entire staff. We may have the deepest staff in the country.

vCash
    Agreed. They have the 2 best pitchers probably in the country, but if one goes down they are suddenly hurting.