Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our staff

vCash

Our staff

A testament to our staff is the fact we took CM out after 6 innings when he was rolling. In years past we would have had no choice but to leave him in no matter if he was rolling or not to protect the weekend. This year, we take him out , and smith deals for three innings. Now at some point, somewhere, this will backfire and people will go crazy. But we have the depth to do this and survive for 3 games and still have quality pitchers not pitching and hell, we have some sitting at home!

vCash
    I like our baseball staff

vCash
    Yeah, you would've thought they would've allowed more kids to travel this year. Gotta feel bad for some of these kids. I mean, we got kids who are pitching their asses off in the mid week that can't go on a road game.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Now we know what it is like to be Vandy .... so little innings, so many great arms

Now we have Bednar tomorrow

vCash
    Even if the hire was messy, I give Cohen credit for this. We have a great baseball coach and staff

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    A testament to our staff is the fact we took CM out after 6 innings when he was rolling. In years past we would have had no choice but to leave him in no matter if he was rolling or not to protect the weekend. This year, we take him out , and smith deals for three innings. Now at some point, somewhere, this will backfire and people will go crazy. But we have the depth to do this and survive for 3 games and still have quality pitchers not pitching and hell, we have some sitting at home!
    I second this. And the other most storied team in the league can't even pull their guy due to having no bullpen.

vCash
    How about the staff's willingness to put Braylon Skinner right into the starting lineup for our first SEC game in Baton Rouge even though he only had 3 ABs to his credit before tonight. And Skinner comes through with the first 3 RBIs of the game. Lemonis is going to do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win no matter some may think (sorry LJ). I love that our staff is going to do what's best for the team and isn't trying to just keep people happy.

vCash
    Lemonis has taken us to elite territory. We were already really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Even if the hire was messy, I give Cohen credit for this. We have a great baseball coach and staff
    He and his coaches have been great. Foxhall especially.

vCash
    That decision really doesn't surprise me a whole heck'uva lot to be honest. Skinner had a great fall and Lemonis has said on multiple occasions that he was "dynamic".
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Maybe some Credit

If ever Lemonis get tired of Cohen, he needs to say so publicly and the Fans, Alumni will have Barney Rubble walked out so his wife can pick him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    That decision really doesn't surprise me a whole heck'uva lot to be honest. Skinner had a great fall and Lemonis has said on multiple occasions that he was "dynamic".
    This. He took a bit to get used to playing d1 in the fall. But he took off late fall and really was going this spring. He's not an elite hitter yet. But his speed is. And he, obviously, has the ability to turn on a ball. Breaking balls are about to be his diet after the fastballs he pissed on tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    He and his coaches have been great. Foxhall especially.
    Our staff- all of them- are very good and we will have to move on. They all will get better opportunities. They are all that good. Cheese included.... even w that terrible decision to send Tanner tonight!! Haha

vCash
    Now at some point, somewhere, this will backfire and people will go crazy
    Explain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Explain
    We pull a guy and our relief guy, that day fails, the melt will begin.

vCash
    Amen! As an old coach said "if you ain't got pitching you ain't got squat!"

Well we got plenty of squat. Our staff is crazy good. As Ben McDonald said tonight it's like We have a major league bullpen.

vCash
    We are STOOOPID rich! Think about this...

Friday- CM then hand it to Smith
    Saturday- Bednar then hand it to Lando
    Sunday- Cerantola(whatever you get) then hand it to Fristoe. All while you have Johnny wholestaff left for whenever! Oh yeah Houston goes midweek... what in the literal F, that?s insane

vCash
    I was thinking about that too when they left Hill in for 100 pitches tonight. Then again, burning pitchers up is a LSU tradition going back to the Skip Bertman era.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Yeah, you would've thought they would've allowed more kids to travel this year. Gotta feel bad for some of these kids. I mean, we got kids who are pitching their asses off in the mid week that can't go on a road game.
    Honestly, much more than 30 and it would be hard to get all of those guys in a game unless the coach made a concious effort to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    How about the staff's willingness to put Braylon Skinner right into the starting lineup for our first SEC game in Baton Rouge even though he only had 3 ABs to his credit before tonight. And Skinner comes through with the first 3 RBIs of the game. Lemonis is going to do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win no matter some may think (sorry LJ). I love that our staff is going to do what's best for the team and isn't trying to just keep people happy.
    He had won a starting OF job this spring before he got hurt. I'm just glad he looks like he is back to 100%. That's REALLY BIG for us. I'm a little surprised that he was in LF and not CF but maybe he isn't quite as good defensively as I think he is sort of like Vince Coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Lemonis has taken us to elite territory. We were already really good.
    I think we're going to get even better too. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Okrastar1 View Post
    We are STOOOPID rich! Think about this...

Friday- CM then hand it to Smith
    Saturday- Bednar then hand it to Lando
    Sunday- Cerantola(whatever you get) then hand it to Fristoe. All while you have Johnny wholestaff left for whenever! Oh yeah Houston goes midweek... what in the literal F, that?s insane
    I really like Preston Johnson and Parker Stinnett too.

vCash
    And meanwhile Ole Miss and Vanderbilt are throwing their Friday night guys around 120 pitches apiece in cold weather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

He had won a starting OF job this spring before he got hurt. I'm just glad he looks like he is back to 100%. That's REALLY BIG for us. I'm a little surprised that he was in LF and not CF but maybe he isn't quite as good defensively as I think he is sort of like Vince Coleman.

He should at some point in time get to the CF position.