Thread: Coach Nikki McCray-Penson press conference

vCash

Coach Nikki McCray-Penson press conference

https://youtu.be/afF_doLlSF8

"Mississippi State is a championship program" x 5
    "Evaluations" x 10

Based on her comment about "8 commitments" and with three coming in, leaves 5 left. Two are not accounted for...want to take a guess? Texas calling?

Oh, "Mississippi State is a championship program."

Hail State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    https://youtu.be/afF_doLlSF8

"Mississippi State is a championship program" x 5
    "Evaluations" x 10

Based on her comment about "8 commitments" and with three coming in, leaves 5 left. Two are not accounted for...want to take a guess? Texas calling?

Oh, "Mississippi State is a championship program."

Hail State.
    I think she was meaning that she "believes she has" 8 current players committed. Website shows 12 on the roster, 4 of whom are leaving (Wiggins, Cooks, Mingo-Young, Morris).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I think she was meaning that she "believes she has" 8 current players committed. Website shows 12 on the roster, 4 of whom are leaving (Wiggins, Cooks, Mingo-Young, Morris).
    That's how i read it too. All she did was dodge and redirect on pretty much every question.

vCash
    Weak ass stuff

vCash
    I didn't watch the press conference, but none of our media/podcast guys will ask any tough questions.

vCash
    I quit watching halfway thru it. I couldn't stand anymore of the deflection and drivel. I think Rick Ray was a better hire. At least his guys played hard. They weren't talented for shit but they played.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    It's really odd to me that she has been so bad. She wasn't bad at Old Dominion.

vCash
    It seems she?s proud of her ?big? decision of not going to the NIT. I?m sure the driver was more that we weren?t going to win it with her coaching, so why put the risk of further evaluation of that out there. Instead of - we have to evaluate now., we have to start now. An extra game or 2 of playing would - or should - not have prevented the same conversations, the same evaluations, that she is talking about. I mean, why weren?t those happening all season anyway?
    At the same time, with all the ?blue collar? comments, it sounds like the players may have not been putting the effort into it. They may be lazy, but they also could have lost motivation because of the coach. I see it at work occasionally. Workers lose their motivation because of their ?leader?s? actions. Could that be it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's really odd to me that she has been so bad. She wasn't bad at Old Dominion.
    Coaching at old D. Isn't the same as what she walked into here....way over her head she needs to go.

vCash
    Joe Mo was successful at Fordham but not here. So much of it is fit. No players at OD were in a position to have egos. Our players here are. It’s evident, too, that she couldn’t manage them. I hope next year is different, but when you are consistently talking about how Jessika Carter needs to stop fading away and she fades away ALL YEAR, that you obviously aren’t getting your message through. I will be shocked if she is our coach this time next year.

vCash
    It doesn't matter what a HC did as a college or pro player, who they coached under as an assistant, or what they did as HC at another school. The name of the game is at MSU you are now paid big bucks to win and be a championship type program (as she indicated) and that is the expectation of the administration and fans here. Comparing Old Dominion to MSU basketball (prior to her first season as our coach) is like comparing apples and oranges or maybe even apples to watermelons.

vCash
    How often did she say "you know"? I have heard her speak before and instantly thought that would make a good drinking game with her pressers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    How often did she say "you know"? I have heard her speak before and instantly thought that would make a good drinking game with her pressers.
    You know, she said it a lot.

vCash
    You mean we didn't get an NIT invite?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    I didn't watch the press conference, but none of our media/podcast guys will ask any tough questions.
    Treat her like the national media Treat a woke ass Democrat

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    Does everything require a political comment?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    What I said is still true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    The Democrat Party has made everything political. Bow the knee or you get canceled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Dawg View Post
    You mean like blame Trump for the downfall of MSU WBB this season instead of NMP??***