Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotation set - Kinda surprised

vCash

Rotation set - Kinda surprised

vCash
    I'd have Fristoe ready to go at the first sign of trouble Sunday. I personally think he's earned that spot, but Cerantola gets one more chance to save it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'd have Fristoe ready to go at the first sign of trouble Sunday. I personally think he's earned that spot, but Cerantola gets one more chance to save it.
    I'd go Fristoe, Brandon Smith, Harding, and Koestler all over Cerantola. But it's the first SEC weekend so I get it. If EC can't get it done, we will move on.

vCash
    We have plenty if they get in trouble.

vCash
    Maybe Cerantolas chance to see what he can do against sec teams. Very short leash I would imagine though. And with the depth we have you can get him out quick and go with fristoe in long relief and go from there

vCash
    I understand the move but I don’t agree with it. Have a quick hook ready. If you don’t get a decent start out of Canadian Bacon- I don’t see how he gets another SEC start.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Y'all remember fristoe a true freshman too and we have to mange his innings especially early in the season need him fresh for stretch run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I understand the move but I don’t agree with it. Have a quick hook ready. If you don’t get a decent start out of Canadian Bacon- I don’t see how he gets another SEC start.
    I agree with this, I believe this is his shot to see what he can do. May be do or die for him.

vCash
    Marathon, not a sprint

We don?t have a single kid with certified War Horse innings- like Pilkington as a junior. I bet we end up using 6 different starters this year for rest, matchups, or hot streaks. Mac, Bednar, EC, Fristoe, B Smith, and Harding are all going to start at some point. We are going to be super fresh in May and June.

I will not be surprised if we get April and May surprise ?opt outs? from marquee players that just want to be drafted high and call it a season. I?m not thinking MSU, I?m thinking Vandy and Florida. Wu Flu, Mercenary Programs, and Modern Culture are gonna make an impact. Why take a Final at Vandy or tolerate torturing whistling, if you can chill in Miami and get drafted.

vCash
    I understand the move but I don?t agree with it. Have a quick hook ready. If you don?t get a decent start out of Canadian Bacon- I don?t see how he gets another SEC start.
    Yeah, EC is Sunday game too so will depend on games 1-2 how he plays the hook Sunday too. Series on the line, no room for error. 2-0 and hook might go a little longer but not long.

vCash
    I also hope C-Mac comes in and attacks the zone. He's been a nibbler so far this year, and he throws 70 pitches through 3 innings which isn't a huge deal with our bullpen, but I'd still like him to go a little deeper.

vCash
    With our bullpen we should always have a quick hook. I'd rather Cerantola go from the beginning and ride the talent as long as it lets us in a game than bring him in for the later more crucial spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    We have plenty if they get in trouble.
    Yeah, but we can't afford to spot LSU 2 or 3 runs in the first 2-3 innings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Y'all remember fristoe a true freshman too and we have to mange his innings especially early in the season need him fresh for stretch run.
    I think him being a freshman is definitely playing into it. Don’t let him sit around and think about a start in Baton Rouge...tell him he’s our first long guy and to be ready. Less time to get into your own head that way. Gonna be a fun interesting weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    I think him being a freshman is definitely playing into it. Don’t let him sit around and think about a start in Baton Rouge...tell him he’s our first long guy and to be ready. Less time to get into your own head that way. Gonna be a fun interesting weekend.
    He's an older freshman. Draft eligible after next season. He's already started vs Texas Tech. I think it just the EC stuff gives him a longer leash and you have to start Bednar on Sat.

vCash
    We will be fine pitching. Can we score

vCash
    It's all about the bats.

If we don't get into the LSU bullpen relatively early, it's a 2 outta 3 series loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Definitely disappointed by this. Fristoe 100% earned a starting weekend role. Cerantola did not. I get that he has 1st round potential, but potential doesn't win SEC games.
    Baseball is the one sport where we can realistically play to win it all. Yes, Cerantola has been shaky so far, but if he figures it out, him starting and Fristoe coming out of the pen versus just Fristoe starting and Cerantola being basically unavailable because we gave up on him in March could be the difference between a championship or a quick CWS or super regional exit. You don't give up on that potential to maximize your chances of winning a Sunday game in the middle of March.

Plus, as Commerce mentioned, Fristoe is a freshman. While starting experience versus lsu would probably be great for his development, there's also something to be said for not pitching him too much too early, so he is still fresh at the end of the year.