Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Major tornado outbreak expected.

vCash

Major tornado outbreak expected.

If you live in or near the red shaded area I implore you to stay weather aware today. This has all the makings of a huge tornado outbreak with multiple long tracked violent tornadoes possible.

OF PARTICULAR INTEREST IS THE BOUNDARY-LAYER MOISTURE THAT IS NOW
    PRESENT ALONG THE GULF COAST WHERE LOWER 70S SURFACE DEW POINTS ARE
    OBSERVED. THIS AIR MASS WILL ADVANCE NORTH DURING THE DAY AND
    DIURNAL HEATING WILL ALLOW MODERATE INSTABILITY TO DEVELOP ALONG A
    CORRIDOR FROM SOUTHERN LA THROUGH CENTRAL MS INTO WESTERN AL WHERE
    SBCAPE SHOULD BE ON THE ORDER OF 2500 J/KG. WHILE THE PRIMARY 500MB
    SPEED MAX WILL LIKELY MAINTAIN CONVECTION ALONG THE SURGING PACIFIC
    FRONT OVER SOUTHEAST TX, AN UNCAPPED, BUOYANT AIR MASS DOWNSTREAM
    OVER MS/AL SHOULD PROVE FAVORABLE FOR DISCRETE SUPERCELL DEVELOPMENT
    AHEAD OF THE PRIMARY SHORT WAVE. FORECAST SOUNDINGS ACROSS THE HIGH
    RISK EXHIBIT PROFILES FAVORABLE FOR STRONG, LONG-TRACK TORNADOES,
    AND THIS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE FROM NORTHEAST LA THROUGH NORTHERN MS
    INTO NORTHWEST AL.

vCash
    I live in Clinton. I'm a dead man.

vCash
    I20 and north.

vCash
    I can't stress enough how serious tomorrow is looking like it is going to be. I say this will all urgency and no hype...if this forecast verifies, tomorrow will be a deadly and tragic day. If you, or someone you know, lives in a mobile home make plans now to move to sturdier shelter if at all possible. If you know someone who has a storm shelter ask them if you can stay with them.

vCash
    For the rest of my life I will never forget Sunday, February 21, 1971. The afternoon and night that approximately 25 people died in Leflore County, MS. About 75 died in the Mississippi Delta. Over a period of two days, 125 to 130 died altogether.

Seems the injured were well over one or two thousand, many serious or critical. Although they believed afterwards that there were numerous tornadoes, it was said that the worst destruction, the loss of entire families was caused by 3 tornadoes all spawned at different times, yet their paths tracked parallel to each other. Two were a Cat 4, and one a Cat 5. The total path of all three was said to be over 350 miles long.

So much tragedy, destruction and death, in what seemed like the blink of an eye. Whole families gone .... parents, grandparents, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, as many as 10 to 12, or more, in some .... entire towns wiped off the face of the earth .... Pugh City, Inverness, Delta City, to name just a few.

I was on a date that afternoon and night when it happened. We?d been invited to dinner with friends. When we were finally able to leave and my date was taking me home, we could see a car smashed like an accordion, in the middle of a field, along side Hwy 82, on the west side of Greenwood. We didn?t know then that the Mississippi Highway Patrol Inspector and his wife had died in that car.

The images in my mind, of that night so many years later, are filled with pulsating red and blue lights reflecting off the pavement, and unending sirens, as they split the night into horrific surreal scenes.

They searched for the missing for days. Some were found in trees, some in fields, and some in lakes and ponds. Scenes no one should ever have to see. I pray to God this is not repeated, or worse, tomorrow.

Be safe everyone!

vCash
    I have been put on alert for going in as 1st responder from Monroe la to Birmingham to Memphis. Stay safe today is no joke.

vCash
    High alert issued for first time in ms since 2014.

Stay safe friends. Everyone from Louisiana, to Mississippi, to Alabama and parts of TN should stay very weather away. But if you are near the high area especially... Very dangerous setup.

vCash
    A little more detail... Threat of hail for the whole state.
    Timing for Ms is thought to start around 2pm

vCash
    Hard to believe it?s been 10 Years since the Smithville Ms, Tuscaloosa, Hackleburg, Philadelphia Ms tornadoes

vCash
    Looks like the SPC just expanded the High Risk area eastward into Alabama to include B'ham and Montgomery.

vCash
    Any updates? Appreciate y'all!

vCash
    Made it to land. Driving my butt off. Headed North on 55.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Any updates? Appreciate y'all!
    Yeah. Y'all keep us updated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Hard to believe it?s been 10 Years since the Smithville Ms, Tuscaloosa, Hackleburg, Philadelphia Ms tornadoes
    I was on the ground in Smithville within a couple of hours of that one hitting. I've never seen anything like it...... and I hope I never do again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Stay safe!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    You should be ok. The main line is still on a line extending from Shreveport to Orange. It's starting to get its' act together.

vCash
    Chase is on. Now in Macon. PDS tornado watch will be issued soon. Timing for intense storms still looks to be noon - 2:00pm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Chase is on. Now in Macon. PDS tornado watch will be issued soon. Timing for intense storms still looks to be noon - 2:00pm.
    Greenwood is a good piece from Macon. Where do you think they are coming in?

vCash
    New tornado probability map just released. Not good. Stay Safe!