Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU is leading the country

vCash

LSU is leading the country

In home runs - they have 33 on the season which is 2/game. We are about to find out real quick if our pitching is truely elite.

vCash
    LSU hasn't played anyone. So we're gonna find out real soon if LSU has elite power.

vCash
    They have team ops of .899; ours is .804. They do strike out a lot, and we strike people out a lot though

vCash

Tig-gers are going to be tested

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    In home runs - they have 33 on the season which is 2/game. We are about to find out real quick if our pitching is truely elite.
    If LSU doen't win game 1, there's no way they win the series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    If LSU doen't win game 1, there's no way they win the series.
    Because things always bounce our way in that series***

vCash
    Because things always bounce our way in that series***
    you have no faith...

vCash
    I can't see the negative nelly's comment, but I'm sure he combed the stats to find a stat that LSU is better than us.

To my point... RPI: 19 vs 67, SOS: 40 vs 139

Baseball is baseball... we could definitely lose the series, but taking batting practice off inferior opponents doesn't qualify them as elite just yet.

vCash
    I'm 100% certain that our bullpen is elite. I'm not certain that our current SEC starting rotation is elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    you have no faith...
    MSU has the only fanbase in the SEC without faith!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I can't see the negative nelly's comment, but I'm sure he combed the stats to find a stat that LSU is better than us.

To my point... RPI: 19 vs 67, SOS: 40 vs 139

Baseball is baseball... we could definitely lose the series, but taking batting practice off inferior opponents doesn't qualify them as elite just yet.
    Dude. I'm not being a negative Nancy. Just noticed that they led the nation in HRs. We played a low quality opponent this weekend and averaged 1 HR/game. Just saying our pitchers will have a real test this weekend. Nothing about winning or losing. And we don't normally get calls our way in BR and that's a fact. I gave confidence we will win but it won't be easy.

vCash
    Dude. I'm not being a negative Nancy. Just noticed that they led the nation in HRs. We played a low quality opponent this weekend and averaged 1 HR/game. Just saying our pitchers will have a real test this weekend. Nothing about winning or losing. And we don't normally get calls our way in BR and that's a fact. I gave confidence we will win but it won't be easy.
    I wasn't referring to you, bro! Your posts aren't hidden, hence my original comment (#2 in this thread). I get what you are saying, I just moved it around to have a more positive MSU spin.
    Last edited by Turfdawg67; 03-15-2021 at 05:32 PM.

vCash
    More games in smaller stadiums help home run numbers. I would bet they have given up more home runs than us too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    I wasn't referring to you, bro! Your posts aren't hidden, hence my original comment (#2 in this thread). I get what you are saying, I just moved it around to have a more positive MSU spin.
    Gotcha / thanks

Banned
    vCash
    skipped all the shit to save time, we are whippin' Dat Corn Dog Cajun ass. . That's all. nothing else need to be said.

vCash
    Offensively we have to get into their bullpen, that unit has really struggled for them. Going to be tough because they have good starters

vCash
    There stadium is small and the ball carries like crazy there. Yest the wind was blowing out to Left Center at like 30mph... UTSA should have taken 2 of 3, but ran out of pitching.

If we get to their bullpen, they are not good. Also depends on which Hilliard shows up for them. He is hit or miss...

I’m not worried about our pitching vs their hitting at all...

vCash
    Many of our teams in recent years have played submissive against LSU. We'll see if this squad can separate themselves.

vCash
    They've got some pop.

They also gave up 22 in a game to Oral Roberts, 10 in a game to Texas Southern, and 22 in a 3-game series to UTSA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    More games in smaller stadiums help home run numbers. I would bet they have given up more home runs than us too.
    You lose that bet.. but not by much 10-9 ... aand they have also played 15 more innings and faced 85 more batters than our pitching has.

but it's a pretty meaningless stat.

Banned
    vCash
    gonna go grill me some mahi mahii with tony's and sparagus, and some beans and shit, gonna be good, niggtt night