Thread: Can we Please establish once and for all that there WAS no fumble during 6-3?

Banned
    vCash

Can we Please establish once and for all that there WAS no fumble during 6-3?

Never happened folks. Line Judges saw the Bamer Nose Guard knock the ball from Kent's hand pre snao, Kent's younger brother Maury explained it to me in person . Kent picked me up after emerging from the pile during the mele.

Great Guy, went WAY too soon.

vCash
    Ha! To me LSU fans complaining about Rod Gibson fumbling in 1999 has way more controversy surrounding it. I'm about 100% confident that Gibson got in.

Kent Hull should be in the Pro Football HOF by the way.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ha! To me LSU fans complaining about Rod Gibson fumbling in 1999 has way more controversy surrounding it. I'm about 100% confident that Gibson got in.

Thanks Todd. I was Hull's Classmate when he was a senior and I was a sophomore as he set next to me in Staten's Geometry class. Kind Gentleman he was. I'm the guy you see on the Bellard Show in the marron shirt chasing after my brown baggin' dad after the final play. Hull emerges from the pile , picks me up and says me by name "WE DID IT", I'll never take nothing for it' just glad his big ass didn't crust my 125lb ass to death. He bear hugged me hard.

Banned
    vCash
    I just never understood to while to this day, people believe stupid shit about that final play. I was down on the field before the players emerged from the pile, had Kent's brother explain it to me in person a year later and I still hear bullshit.

vCash

To me what is way more controversial is the LSU fumble in 2000 where LSU was gifted a TD even though we punched the ball out of the ball carrier's hand at the 1 yard line with the ball flying through the back of the end zone. And this happened with the side judge looking right at the play out in the open. Of course we lost that game in OT primarily because of that screw job by an SEC ref before replay. The Gibson play is so muddled in a mass of humanity nobody will ever really know one way or the other what the exact right call should have been. The LSU TD was an obvious blown call by an SEC ref helping LSU. Only difference is the LSU TD was in the first half so it doesn't get the emphasis the Gibson TD does since it was at the end of the game.

Banned
    vCash
    when I lived in New Orleans , I closed my loans with a Big LSU alum / title attorney who gave that guy who knocked Rod out on that play an Account Exec job and he an I got to know each other well. Super Nice kid he was but was NOT a fan of the call, LOL. We talked about it several times and the main thing I remember him saying was "No way, I knocked him the 17 out!"

vCash

I think I've posted before but played golf with Andrea Reed in a charity golf tourney and Reed, a HOF WR, told me that Hull was the best OL to ever play the game. He went on and on about Hull. Hull should be in HOF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    To me what is way more controversial is the LSU fumble in 2000 where LSU was gifted a TD even though we punched the ball out of the ball carrier's hand at the 1 yard line with the ball flying through the back of the end zone. And this happened with the side judge looking right at the play out in the open. Of course we lost that game in OT primarily because of that screw job by an SEC ref before replay. The Gibson play is so muddled in a mass of humanity nobody will ever really know one way or the other what the exact right call should have been. The LSU TD was an obvious blown call by an SEC ref helping LSU. Only difference is the LSU TD was in the first half so it doesn't get the emphasis the Gibson TD does since it was at the end of the game.
    Another play that in the end cost us the game was the 2011 MSU at Aub game. Relf was stopped at goal line for what would have been winning TD on last play but it was the play before half where B.Dyar of Aub got stopped at goal line. MSU turned him around and the ball never crossed, his back side did. I was sitting at the goal line watching that day. May have cost us the game.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I think I've posted before but played golf with Andrea Reed in a charity golf tourney and Reed, a HOF WR, told me that Hull was the best OL to ever play the game. He went on and on about Hull. Hull should be in HOF.
    All of those players spent numerous duck hunting trips to Kent's Home. They loved that man big time. God Blessed me when he placed Kent Hull's Desk next to mine in Geometry Class, I was a Soph, he was a Senior. It was a tough class and Kent was a Damn Good Student. He got NO Free Ride at Greenwood High, I can assure you of that. I helped him a few times along with others as I was Mr. Staten's Ace that year. Unfortunately I was also troubled during those years and relied on weed to keep things straight***. That's why he and I never became overly close. I'll never forget him telling me "my name" , you are the smartest dope head I've ever known". It was his way of saying "Thank you" after I gave him a solid on Geometry Stuff in a laughing manner. The next time we met, it was him lifting me after the pile up cleared saying "my name" WE DID IT!!!

!