Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Howland continues his path at Stands level- makes NIT

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I'd wait until a few more years to see what Kermit does with teams of only players he recruited.

Jimmies and Joes.
    Would Jerk to whippin' Confed ASS in the NIT, hopefully we'll get a chance to cross dat bridge

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Well ATFQ ... Did Stans 17 your wife, sister, girlfriend, you or your mom? Your hatred is way beyond 'normal.'
    I literally have zero hatred of Stands. I hate our fans that try to make him something he isnt. Guys like you that get mad when I point out he is the 1st WK coach in modern history that couldnt get them in the NCAA Tourney within 5 years of taking the job. Making him their worst coach in modern history
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I literally have zero hatred of Stands. I hate our fans that try to make him something he isnt. Guys like you that get mad when I point out he is the 1st WK coach in modern history that couldnt get them in the NCAA Tourney within 5 years of taking the job. Making him their worst coach in modern history
    That's not how you judge coaches in 1-bid leagues. Making the tournament is a function of who happens to get hot one weekend. Much better to judge based on conference W/L, where Stansbury compares favorably.

vCash
    I hate our fans that try to make him something he isnt.
    Look in a mirror

Winningest MBB coach in school history.

Entire history of this board, I have NEVER, EVER started a single thread ABOUT Stansberry. What say you OP?

Think you are good for at least 5 -10 threads a BB season.

Who's obsessed?
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 03-16-2021 at 07:55 AM.

vCash
    Look in a mirror

Winningest MBB coach in school history.
    Ill take the guy that won an SEC Title plus made the Sweet 16 and a Final Four

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So if we made the tourney and we lost 1st round, you'd fire him? That's ridiculous. Expecting tourney next season is fair though.
    I didn?t say fire him, especially with Cohen as our AD. I said we would need to re evaluate. He has underachieved too much though with the talent he has been given, so his leash is short. Doing the things I mentioned should get him another 2 years if he wants to keep coaching. Not doing that I think we should just encourage retirement and roll the dice. I would try to look at a coach that has underachieved with the talent he has been dealt at a school for 4-5 years

vCash
    Stans should have been fired as soon as Sidney threw that punch and the senior captain was the one who left the team and not Sidney.

He like Jackie, was left around too long and lost control of the program and it needed a total reboot. We fire Stans sooner and we can get a good coach to try to continue the momentum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayburn8 View Post
    Stans should have been fired as soon as Sidney threw that punch and the senior captain was the one who left the team and not Sidney.

He like Jackie, was left around too long and lost control of the program and it needed a total reboot. We fire Stans sooner and we can get a good coach to try to continue the momentum.
    I could be losing track but I thought that was the main reason Stans was fired. Did he get another year after that? I thought he was done the year of Sidney and the reason for his firing was that and not necessarily his coaching results.

vCash
    Ill take the guy that won an SEC Title plus made the Sweet 16 and a Final Four
    Guess I would take the one that won the SEC title in 2004, and three SECT titles, won 458 games in 14 years, and actually had a winning SEC record, owning the SEC West, AND the Coach that Recruited the Players on those '91 SEC Championship, sweet 16 and Final Four teams from '90-'98.

Richard Williams Miss State 1987 1998 12 354 191 163 .540 202 89 113 .441
    Rick Stansbury Campbellsville 1999 2012 14 458 293 165 .641 224 122 102 .545
    Rick Ray Grand View 2012 2015 3 92 36 56 .391 50 12 38 .240
    Ben Howland Weber State 2015 5+ 188 110 78 .585 104 49 55 .471
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 03-16-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    He's already their 4th winningest coach ever in less than 5 years. And played for the conference 3 years in a row now, losing all 3 in a one bid league. If you're using ncaa tourney appearances as the sole metric, howland is way way way worse at MSU than stans (Ben's been to one ncaa tourney in five seasons (20%) and stans did it six times in fourteen seasons (43%)).

But let's assume you're right that Ben has us at stans level - we ran off our coach and destroyed our program only to be at the same place we were 10 years later.

vCash
    Except that we aren’t being laughed at because of the rampant drug use and drama as we were 10 years ago. Not seeing the cases of Moultrie Knee these days or highlights of team fights on TV. That’s why Stands lost his job- not his coaching record

Banned
    vCash
    Except that we aren’t being laughed at because of the rampant drug use and drama as we were 10 years ago. Not seeing the cases of Moultrie Knee these days or highlights of team fights on TV. That’s why Stands lost his job- not his coaching record
    Stands was one of the best crooters' to coach at MSU. But I think he put too much effort with certain croots. Like RSidney. Lost Control because some players were controlling HIM.

vCash

Entire history of this board, I have NEVER, EVER started a single thread ABOUT Stansberry. What say you OP?

Yo, how many Coach?
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I'll take an ncaa tourney every other year on average and some drama over one tourney a decade and no drama.

Also, should we fire leach for the embarrassing brawl at the bowl game that was posted all over the internet and had talking heads like herbie condemning us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I'll take an ncaa tourney every other year on average and some drama over one tourney a decade and no drama.

Also, should we fire leach for the embarrassing brawl at the bowl game that was posted all over the internet and had talking heads like herbie condemning us?
    Totally different situations. The team was not infighting. We beat the shit out of a punk ass team that would not stop ****ing with us before the game even started. They got what they deserved.

And Herbstreit can eat my ass. He's a pompous prick.

vCash
    We are a 4 seed- 13 teams would have had to turn down bids for us "to slide in"
    Holy shit!!! LMAO!!!!!

vCash
    Yeah I had had too much cough medicine when I posted that

vCash
    Yeah I had had too much cough medicine when I posted that
    On a serious note, hope the heart is better

vCash
    Guess I would take the one that won the SEC title in 2004, and three SECT titles, won 458 games in 14 years, and actually had a winning SEC record, owning the SEC West, AND the Coach that Recruited the Players on those '91 SEC Championship, sweet 16 and Final Four teams from '90-'98.

Richard Williams Miss State 1987 1998 12 354 191 163 .540 202 89 113 .441
    Rick Stansbury Campbellsville 1999 2012 14 458 293 165 .641 224 122 102 .545
    Rick Ray Grand View 2012 2015 3 92 36 56 .391 50 12 38 .240
    Ben Howland Weber State 2015 5+ 188 110 78 .585 104 49 55 .471
    Stans was a very good coach overall; his record speaks for itself. Williams did some good things but why didn't he win against a weaker Syracuse team? If Williams had played Xaxier that year we got bounced early, he would have lost too. Stans won a lot and we were like 3rd in SEC as far as programs for most of those years behind UK and UF. People forget how good we were. Remember Rick's Rowdies? The Hump was rockin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Stans was a very good coach overall; his record speaks for itself. Williams did some good things but why didn't he win against a weaker Syracuse team? If Williams had played Xaxier that year we got bounced early, he would have lost too. Stans won a lot and we were like 3rd in SEC as far as programs for most of those years behind UK and UF. People forget how good we were. Remember Rick's Rowdies? The Hump was rockin.
    shannondog would have approved this message! RIP to one of the better Basketball donors, he loved Stans. I miss his friendship.