Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Howland continues his path at Stands level- makes NIT

vCash
    Next season hinges on Stewart returning. If he bolts- that will be a big blow.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Saw where Stewart is ranked #32 in latest nba mock draft. Still need to find a good 3 pt shooter even if he comes back.

Analytics say we were the 3rd worst offense in sec play this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog1 View Post
    Saw where Stewart is ranked #32 in latest nba mock draft. Still need to find a good 3 pt shooter even if he comes back.

Analytics say we were the 3rd worst offense in sec play this season.
    I'd say most of that is TOs and FT shooting. I expect both to get better with another year of experience. Losing Stewart would be a huge blow though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I?m happy our guys are playing, rather play in NIT than be sitting home.
    Absolutely. Always better to be playing than watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd say most of that is TOs and FT shooting. I expect both to get better with another year of experience. Losing Stewart would be a huge blow though
    Yes, we ranked #314 in offensive t.o. % and #327 in ft %. That is ridiculous.

vCash
    Howland should get 1 more year to see what happens, but he can?t afford any of the following: No bad non conference losses and at least 11-7 most likely 12-6 in SEC play. Then make the NCAA tournament and win the first round. As long as he does those 3 things, he will be good to come back the next year and then he will be re evaluated based on what is returning. Yes, I understand that is Stansbury level, but doing this prior to retirement would help us hire a quality coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Howland should get 1 more year to see what happens, but he can?t afford any of the following: No bad non conference losses and at least 11-7 most likely 12-6 in SEC play. Then make the NCAA tournament and win the first round. As long as he does those 3 things, he will be good to come back the next year and then he will be re evaluated based on what is returning. Yes, I understand that is Stansbury level, but doing this prior to retirement would help us hire a quality coach
    So if we made the tourney and we lost 1st round, you'd fire him? That's ridiculous. Expecting tourney next season is fair though.
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-15-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    We shoulda hired Kermit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    We can?t avoid making a move if it?s needed just because we?re afraid Cohen will screw it up. He ain?t going nowhere for a while & Howland has to make the NCAAT next season to get another season after next. We can?t just bring him back knowing we?re going to maintain mediocrity just because we don?t want Cohen making a hire.
    I would have thought different before JC hired Moorhead and NMP but now, I don't want him to hire another coach. Jury still out on ML. He could be 1-4 or 2-4 at best. Batting .500 is good in baseball so I guess JC thinks he is leading the pack in AD performance.

You don't have to look far to see it can get a lot worse - remember after Stans left? At least we are relevant instead of doormat. I don't want to nuke MBB again or football or baseball or any sport MSU is doing well in - WBB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We shoulda hired Kermit.
    Kermit wouldn't have us in any better position. He's 26-28 in SEC play over 3 seasons now. His top 4 scorers this year are all upperclassmen and still only went 16-11 (10-8).
    Don't get me wrong, I like Kermit and we should have hired him over Rick Ray - but Kermit ain't gonna move the needle on where the program is currently.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Kermit wouldn't have us in any better position. He's 26-28 in SEC play over 3 seasons now. His top 4 scorers this year are all upperclassmen and still only went 16-11 (10-8).
    Don't get me wrong, I like Kermit and we should have hired him over Rick Ray - but Kermit ain't gonna move the needle on where the program is currently.
    Correct.

Banned
    vCash
    I disagree and I don't like admitting it. Howland's only advantage over Kermit is Crootin' Swag. Kermit is Light's Out Better on the Court. He proved it this year by doing better than Howland's Dogs with Less Talent Overall. And that SUCKS, but True. So Cohen had an option of Kermit / Ray? Great, now I'm pissed off all over again. That should be a fireable offense. No excuse for an AD to be allowed to Fornicate Up that bad and still keep a job.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 03-15-2021 at 12:19 PM.

vCash
    I disagree and I don't like admitting it. Howland's only advantage over Kermit is Crootin' Swag. Kermit is Light's Out Better on the Court. He proved it this year by doing better than Howland's Dogs with Less Talent Overall. And that SUCKS, but True.
    They're both in the NIT and we got there replacing what 80% of our scoring from last year

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They're both in the NIT and we got there replacing what 80% of our scoring from last year
    Thanks for that 7, makes sense too. I just think Kermit's doing a much better job based on overall talent.

vCash
    I disagree and I don't like admitting it. Howland's only advantage over Kermit is Crootin' Swag. Kermit is Light's Out Better on the Court. He proved it this year by doing better than Howland's Dogs with Less Talent Overall. And that SUCKS, but True. So Cohen had an option of Kermit / Ray? Great, now I'm pissed off all over again. That should be a fireable offense. No excuse for an AD to be allowed to Fornicate Up that bad and still keep a job.
    Stricklin hired Ray not Cohen.

About that talent - Here are the top 6 scorers for each team

Stewart (.94 4*) Molinar (.89 3*) T. Smith (not rated) Ado (.92 4*) D Smith (.98 4*) Johnson (.83 3*)
    Shuler (.93 4*) Joiner(Not rated) White(.97 4*) Buffen (.88 3*) Rodriguiez (.89 3*) Murrell (.98 4*)

There is almost no difference in MSU and OM
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 03-15-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Banned
    vCash
    Stricklin hired Ray not Cohen.

About that talent - Here are the top 6 scorers for each team

Stewart (.94 4*) Molinar (.89 3*) T. Smith (not rated) Ado (.92 4*) D Smith (.98 4*) Johnson (.83 3*)
    Shuler (.93 4*) Joiner(Not rated) White(.97 4*) Buffen (.88 3*) Rodriguiez (.89 3*) Murrell (.98 4*)

There is almost no difference in MSU and OM
    thanks for that. I was guessing I guess. FK Stricklin'; so how do the HS Resume's compare between us and the Shit up North? I'm thinking that our guys are about 1.375% higher in Star Power.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 03-15-2021 at 01:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Anyway- pointing out facts about Stands is not hatred. It?s simply informing to spread knowledge

Well ATFQ ... Did Stans 17 your wife, sister, girlfriend, you or your mom? Your hatred is way beyond 'normal.'
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    We shoulda hired Kermit.
    I lived through Kermit's dad. I don't want ANY part of Jr.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Howland is an elite recruiter but an average floor coach... Just like someone else.

vCash
    I'd wait until a few more years to see what Kermit does with teams of only players he recruited.

Jimmies and Joes.