Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heard Landon J is transferring to either Southern Ms or LSU.

vCash

Heard Landon J is transferring to either Southern Ms or LSU.

Anyone else hear that.

vCash
    No info, but I could see Southern.....LSU not so much. They have the same caliber players that we do. I doubt he would be able to start there either.

vCash
    Don't think many teams are looking for someone who quits when he isn't starting.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    He wont play at lsu either so why go there?? Usm is a good fit.

vCash
    LSU would use him. They need some talent. A lot of their guys are very very young. He will
    More than likely end up at USM tho...

vCash
    LSU would shock me.

vCash
    He’s from the Coast so USM would be a good fit. LSU has more talent than we do in the field (not pitching) so that doesn’t seem wise.

vCash
    Does LSU or USM want a guy that will quit during the middle of the year if he isn't starting every game? Have no problem with him transferring after the season is over but have a big problem with him quitting on his teammates and the fans 15 games into a season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Does LSU or USM want a guy that will quit during the middle of the year if he isn't starting every game? Have no problem with him transferring after the season is over but have a big problem with him quitting on his teammates and the fans 15 games into a season.
    USM had no problem taking Luke Reynolds or Bryant Blaylock.

vCash
    If LSU wanted him out of HS, he could do LSU

He was dandy dozen and a game-1 starter for a top-5 team.

LSU will have equally strong competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    If LSU wanted him out of HS, he could do LSU

He was dandy dozen and a game-1 starter for a top-5 team.

LSU will have equally strong competition
    He may have started his first game, but he was never a consistent starter for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    USM had no problem taking Luke Reynolds or Bryant Blaylock.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either walked out on their team in the middle of the season.

Does he leave again if he doesn't start right away? Good luck bonding with that 'next' team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think either walked out on their team in the middle of the season.

Does he leave again if he doesn't start right away? Good luck bonding with that 'next' team.
    I can’t remember the last in/season quiting. We did not have ED in the 90s and early 00s, info was scarce to the public. Even recruiting info was very limited.

Update: Elih Marrero in 2017.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 03-16-2021 at 10:01 AM.

vCash
    It is for sure that he is wasting this year's eligibility, right? Someone had posted that they thought he could keep this year's eligibility by leaving now. Didn't know if there was a special covid related rule already or if there was a RS rule similar to football's.

I would be extremely concerned if I was LSU about picking up somebody that hit .280 at MSU and then quit mid season. I would assume that for USM, the risk is worth it. He should be able to get playing time there, and he's got nowhere else to go at that point, so presumably he'll be ok.

vCash
    The kid made a decision on HIS future. I have no problem with it. He got passed over and wants to start looking for new opportunities now. I'd rather him move on now than stay and potentially cause problems during the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I can’t remember the last in/season quiting. We did not have ED in the 90s and early 00s, info was scarce to the public. Even recruiting info was very limited.

Update: Elih Marrero in 2017.
    Yeah. But per Joel T Coleman he was still on the roster and therefore on the team and so his DUI was worth reporting because "it's the news."

Never mind he hadn't been on the team for weeks at that point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post

You are correct that neither left in season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    The kid made a decision on HIS future. I have no problem with it. He got passed over and wants to start looking for new opportunities now. I'd rather him move on now than stay and potentially cause problems during the season.
    This take totally misses the point. Fact is LJ has no CURRENT future in baseball for this season anywhere but MSU. At season's end I would have no problem with him transferring where ever he wants to go and wishing him well. Right now he is just a quitter because things didn't play out so far this season just like he wanted them to. And, who knows, if he had stayed, he may have ended up starting again at some point. To be honest, in all the preseason reviews of this team, I didn't really read anyone projecting LJ to be our starter at 3rd and its not like he was hitting .350 with multiple HRs.

vCash
    This take totally misses the point. Fact is LJ has no CURRENT future in baseball for this season anywhere but MSU. At season's end I would have no problem with him transferring where ever he wants to go and wishing him well. Right now he is just a quitter because things didn't play out so far this season just like he wanted them to. And, who knows, if he had stayed, he may have ended up starting again at some point. To be honest, in all the preseason reviews of this team, I didn't really read anyone projecting LJ to be our starter at 3rd and its not like he was hitting .350 with multiple HRs.
    And you totally missed my point. The kid didn't do anything to lose his spot. Lemonis made changes to the lineup the Sunday of Kent State and we found a lineup that clicked for us. It wasn't supposed to be permanent. I can understand him being upset about it. Wish him the best and move on. Do you really want someone on the team who is unhappy and could ruin team chemistry? And for the record. He wasn't starting again. There's no place for him on this team other than as a garbage time PH. KJ is a better bat than him and he's not beating out Hancock for the DH spot.

Also, why does it matter to us if he quits and goes to another team? That's just one less problem we have to deal with.

vCash
    And you totally missed my point. The kid didn't do anything to lose his spot. Lemonis made changes to the lineup the Sunday of Kent State and we found a lineup that clicked for us. It wasn't supposed to be permanent. I can understand him being upset about it. Wish him the best and move on. Do you really want someone on the team who is unhappy and could ruin team chemistry? And for the record. He wasn't starting again. There's no place for him on this team other than as a garbage time PH. KJ is a better bat than him and he's not beating out Hancock for the DH spot.
    That's a foolish statement. There aren't multiple people in front of him that would need to be injured for him to regain a starting spot.

Also, why does it matter to us if he quits and goes to another team? That's just one less problem we have to deal with.
    It only matters to the extent you are a fan. If you are a fan of a team, you generally want good things for your team. I don't think anybody would really have a problem with him going to another team. But he's here and there's no where he can play for the rest of the year, so it's a shame if he quit because he was just pissed about his role with the team.

Now if he just wants to take a break from baseball and have fun being a college student for a couple of months before trying to get back in the grind for another team this summer, that's a little different. Then he's getting something in exchange for quitting now rather than at the end of the year.

As a fan, would still prefer he stick around and finish out the year in case we need him, but if he's out having fun rather than sitting around being bitter about losing his starting spot, hard to fault him too much for that.