Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the rumor about Landon Jordan

vCash

What's the rumor about Landon Jordan

Supposedly leaving the team?

vCash
    Apparently he?s mad about playing time. Which is odd to me because he started as recently as Saturday and had pinch hit roles on Sunday and Tuesday. That said, I have gotten the sense that the coaches are beginning to prefer Forsythe at short and Janes at third and Landon is having his role reduced in spite of not really doing anything to lose his job. So I get the frustration, but at the same time it?s hard to argue with results so far since we?ve changed things up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    Apparently he?s mad about playing time. Which is odd to me because he started as recently as Saturday and had pinch hit roles on Sunday and Tuesday. That said, I have gotten the sense that the coaches are beginning to prefer Forsythe at short and Janes at third and Landon is having his role reduced in spite of not really doing anything to lose his job. So I get the frustration, but at the same time it?s hard to argue with results so far since we?ve changed things up.
    Yep. Landon makes us better offensively. Forsyth makes us better defensively.

The only avenue I can see Landon Jordan getting into the lineup would be for him to play left field. And I say that having no idea if he can do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    He's been solid, i hope this is just a rumor. 100% fielding percentage. 3rd highest BA. Statistically outplaying (offensively) Scotty Dubrule.

But this team is so loaded, even into next year. There is also Kellum Clark, Davis Meche, and a Switch Hitter named Shane Lewis in the lineup.

Next year we add two Big power bats to the 3b/1b mix (Aaron Downs and Shane Alford)

vCash
    He has a mechanically sound swing I thought he would be all SEC before he left unfortunately he never progressed to that level. maybe there is till time. Nothing Lemonis can do you cant always placate a player.

vCash
    Forsythe Is hitting .444, albeit, fewer ABs
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Yea, kind of hate it for LJordan because the issue is really nothing he has done but rather James' inability to play SS dependably. But, we need to have KJ in the lineup because he is one of our few bats with some power and has shown himself to be a reliable 3rd baseman. Jordan is a pretty decent hitter, currently at .281, but he is going to be primarily a singles guy with really no HR ability.

vCash
    He?s thinking about it. Told the coaches. It?s a continuous communication so it?s not over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    He?s thinking about it. Told the coaches. It?s a continuous communication so it?s not over.
    So he needs a guarantee of starting to remain on the team? Not a good situation.

vCash
    Thanks for the info guys

vCash
    Why would you quit midseason? That's weak as hell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Participation trophies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yea, that's not good. I get the frustration. You come out of high school all everything and can't quite get regular playing time despite being solid. Right when he's getting over the hump he gets benched because another player can't handle the defensive position you don't play. You only get so many years to play, so definitely transfer for playing time unless you just love being at MSU. But bringing this up in March is pointless. He's still going to get some playing time or ABs throughout the season. If he quits the team now he just completely forfeits a good chunk of one of his years of eligibility.

I suspect his family will keep him from doing anything pointless like that. Guessing it's just frustration getting to him and I would be really surprised if he didn't finish out the year.

vCash
    Landon has been good defensively so far this year at 3B loses and his job because KJ has been horrible defensively at short. I can certainly understand the frustration. Plus, I think he'll hit more than LF.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Landon has been good defensively so far this year at 3B loses and his job because KJ has been horrible defensively at short. I can certainly understand the frustration. Plus, I think he'll hit more than LF.
    He's not an OF. He's limited at third, although he has improved a ton. We need him against big time RHP, i.e. rocker, etc. But, now that he's mentioned he's taking his toys and going home, as much as it hurts our team, potentially, I'd let him walk. Puts Lemonis in a terrible spot. Just think, if Lem wants to start him against a RHP, which was going to happen again at some point, people are going to say the only reason he's playing is bc he threatened to quit. This limits our moves we can make w pinch hitting and RHP. It sucks, and I hate quitters.

vCash
    I think you just have to let him walk at this point. Once you go down that road there's no coming back. He'll be a good player at USM or wherever he goes.

vCash
    Frustration is easy to understand but James has to play. Thats hard to take for a player. He should get to work and embrace the DH spot this season. Be ready is case of injury. Move on after the season.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I think you just have to let him walk at this point.
    As a coach- you salvage it if you can. What if you let him walk and Forsythe breaks his ankle Sunday?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Frustration is easy to understand but James has to play. Thats hard to take for a player. He should get to work and embrace the DH spot this season. Be ready is case of injury. Move on after the season.
    He won't DH with Hancock in the lineup. He might could get mop up ABs on days you give LoTan days off and Hancock catches.

Archimedes
    vCash
    That play y?all are all getting pissed off about KJ last Saturday was 100% on Landon Jordan. The coaches even told him so. He has to charge the ball and be aggressive at 3rd. He hasn?t shown to be aggressive enough to play the hot corner.