Thread: Contract Extensions

vCash

Contract Extensions

When do coaches normally get contract extensions (move to max of four years)? Just curious if Cohen is going to recommend NMP for the extra year??? She sure doesn?t deserve it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
    When do coaches normally get contract extensions (move to max of four years)? Just curious if Cohen is going to recommend NMP for the extra year??? She sure doesn?t deserve it.
    I would guess they will do an extension that keeps the contract at 4 years but that has a nominal buyout for that fourth year. I'm sure Cohen doesn't want to announce an extension, but I'm guessing they probably need to to keep it from hurting her recruiting. Not sure it matters that much; I think recruits know that coaches will be fired when they're fired mostly regardless of what the announced details of their contracts are, but it's basically free to do it so might as well.

vCash
    ESPN has us listed as the last team in the NCAA Tourney- so my guess:

If we make the Tourney- extension plus money
    If we miss the Tounrey- extension but no money attached
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    ESPN has us listed as the last team in the NCAA Tourney- so my guess:

If we make the Tourney- extension plus money
    If we miss the Tounrey- extension but no money attached
    I would hope squeaking into the tournament with what she was left wouldn't get her any more guaranteed money.

vCash
    The only coach that should get an extension is Lemonis.... this upcoming year will determine if Leach and his $5M napkin are going to work in the SEC...I figure he does something that gets him fired before he gets to year 3. We need to be building a list of replacements for Howland and NMP.

vCash
    What's this about Howland set to retire and Cohen having already contacted Rick Pitino to "congratulate him" on getting his team to the tournament their first year***

vCash
    Howland underperformed again this year and I haven?t watched a women?s basketball game in 2 months (maybe more?) and I don?t miss it. I don?t really think anyone cares too much about the basketball program any longer except for a handful of diehards. Hopefully they extend them both with no extra money and lower buyout and we can push any extra money to football and baseball.

vCash
    She's not getting an extension.

vCash
    Now listed as the 1st team out of the Tourney:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is