Thread: Streaming baseball games

vCash

Streaming baseball games

We have Comcast and I keep seeing people saying ESPN+. Is that different than Espn3 which is a web browser stream? Is ESPN+ a paid service? Also, same question for Sec+. We get all the ESPN and Sec network channels but this + is something different. Please help

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    We have Comcast and I keep seeing people saying ESPN+. Is that different than Espn3 which is a web browser stream? Is ESPN+ a paid service? Also, same question for Sec+. We get all the ESPN and Sec network channels but this + is something different. Please help
    Yes, ESPN+ is a paid service. $10/month I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Get a Roku streaming stick or box. You can add the ESPN app and then sign in thru your cable provider.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Get a Roku streaming stick or box. You can add the ESPN app and then sign in thru your cable provider.
    Most smart TVs have it as an option on their Home Screens as well

vCash
    The SEC Network (SECN) is the TV channel, but can also be streamed through use of the ESPN App. SECN+ is streaming only, and it is on the ESPN App. As was indicated above, the ESPN+ App is a paid subscription through ESPN but you won't find any of our baseball games to stream on it. Only on the ESPN App.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    All home baseball games on the espn app. All sec vs sec games will be on the espn app. Just have to have a tv provider that has espn.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    You don't need ESPN plus to see any of our games. They are all on sec network+. Which is part of the espn app. ESPN+ At this point gets you very little decent stuff other than some on line info you wouldn't get.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You don't need ESPN plus to see any of our games. They are all on sec network+. Which is part of the espn app. ESPN+ At this point gets you very little decent stuff other than some on line info you wouldn't get.
    been trying to find out how to sign up for SEC Network +, went to their website a few minutes not long ago and couldn't find how to sign up; sucks paying AT&T / Direct TV and can no longer watch MSU baseball for free like I used to do with ESPN3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    been trying to find out how to sign up for SEC Network +, went to their website a few minutes not long ago and couldn't find how to sign up; sucks paying AT&T / Direct TV and can no longer watch MSU baseball for free like I used to do with ESPN3.
    Get the ESPN app and sign in with your DirectTV username

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Chaser View Post
    Get the ESPN app and sign in with your DirectTV username
    thanks, now I gotta try and see if I have that user name saved somewhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Yes, ESPN+ is a paid service. $10/month I think
    It's a good deal, tho. You can get Hulu, Disney, and ESPN+ for a bargain all together. I recommend you do that.

Banned
    vCash
    Is there a difference in this "ESPN+" and "SEC Network +"?

vCash
    Yes. Sen+ are the games that are streaming, not offered on live TV.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Yes. Sen+ are the games that are streaming, not offered on live TV.
    so I need to go back to the SEC Network Site, no?

vCash
    ESPN+ is an extra paid streaming account. It costs, I think, about $5/month. I don't have it - it seems to have mostly minor sports (like lacrosse, things of that nature) and repeats of some popular programming (30 for 30, for example).

SECN+ is also streaming, but it doesn't cost extra if you already have cable or satellite that carries ESPN. The process is to get the ESPN app, open it, and it'll ask you to what service you use to qualify (there's a long list that includes DirecTV, Dish, and many cable companies). You click whichever is yours, then it'll tell you to sign in online with your provider, it'll give you a code to input, and then you're all set. You might need to sign in again every few months. Generally speaking, it works like a charm. Last year, there was some buffering of games (our women's basketball and baseball), but I've not had that problem this year. I use Roku Ultra to access the ESPN app (don't think it's in my LG streaming library), and that works well. Lots of things are available through Roku - some extra cost, some not.

Once you are able to access SEC+, you can also use it on your phone or tablet, but I like using a real TV. The picture is excellent. There's a few seconds lag compared to broadcast radio, if you use that to follow along for audio.
    Last edited by RocketDawg; 03-14-2021 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    If you have a smart tv with roku all you have to do is access it and provide your tv/service provider information. If you don't have the roku, go to Wal-Mart and get one. It'll set you back a whole $40.....
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    thank all you young whipper snappers heppin' an Old Dog Out.