Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xaria Wiggins

vCash

Xaria Wiggins

Xaria Wiggins has announced entering the transfer portal.

Best to Xaria as she moves forward. Have always felt that Xaria has a lot of potential. Her best basketball still ahead of her.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-09-2021 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Xaria Wiggins has announced entering the transfer portal.

Best to Xaria as she moves forward. Have always felt that Xaria has a lot of potenial, her best basketball still ahead of her.
    everyone's best basketball is ahead of them once they leave this suck coach.

vCash
    She seemed to be one of our most enthusiastic players, along with Myah.

I have a feeling she won't be the last to transfer.

vCash
    Think about this- she jumped into the portal before the NCAA Tourney before the field was announced. And we were expected to make it in. This tells you the state of our program.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    i will personally donate just to her buy out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Think about this- she jumped into the portal before the NCAA Tourney before the field was announced. And we were expected to make it in. This tells you the state of our program.
    Yep the timing is interesting. Be interested to see where she and some others end up and how their careers play out

vCash
    I hate seeing her go. I’ve always thought if Vic would would given her more playing time she would have emerged as a star bi lost interest in this team so I don’t know if she played much this year. I think she was hurt or sick.
    Best of luck to her, can’t blame her or others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    She seemed to be one of our most enthusiastic players, along with Myah.

I have a feeling she won't be the last to transfer.
    Yep when one of the ones who seemed to play hard with a good attitude leaves first that tells you a lot of what is going on. She isn't going to be one of the few on the team that wants to work and win. I would be felt some better is some attitude was leaving but Wiggins wasn't an issue. She has some good skills. Wish her the best. Wish she could have finished strong at MSU. Oh well, the collapse continues.

vCash
    I don?t know how much her injury affected her this year or what long term issues may be but she seemed to fit what coach wanted.

Quick, athletic, long playe that could play good defense and get out in transition. In some preseason post I had mentioned I thought she might be one that really blossomed under the new coach because the new style of play would favor her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Exactly... this is the red flag of all red flags...

vCash
    The snowball has started down the hill.

vCash
    This program is about to be the worst in the conference like it was before Vic. A major rebuild is coming after Nikki destroys the program.

vCash
    I love how Nikki is taking all the heat....

How about the coach that left in the middle of the night and had underlying issues.....

The program was crumbling before Nikki took the job

vCash
    Besides Matharu, the other guards aren't overly good scorers at this point in their careers. When Matharu isn't knocking down shots, scoring the basketball..the guard rotation normally struggles to score. Though, Myah Taylor stepping up scoring this season has helped to fill some of that void. Thing with Matharu is that she's small, and struggles in halfcourt defense, including often being out of position, late closing on shooters, ect. Same type things Coach Schaefer was dealing with regarding her last season. He indicated that defense prevented him from playing her more than he had been. Still, she has very quick hands, has very good on ball quickness (best on team), and is very good in ball pressue, pressing situations. Defensive upside is definitely there with her. Several of the new guards expected for next season appear capable of pushing for playing time and/or starting at the 2 spot. Just the same, Matharu capable of continuing to improve, holding on. Same opportunity with Mingo-Young.

Very important to the team's scoring for Matharu to be getting as many field goal attempts as needed. Not getting her enough shots at times has helped cost this team games. Same with not getting the ball inside (in good scoring position) enough to Jessika Carter.

Also more regarding Xaria...
    She's currently more of a tweener, utility type player...guard/wing/forward. She was able to come in games, and give the team a boost in various different, areas, ways, and positions. Both defensively and offensively. Keep working on her game, she has potential. Will make for a very good pickup out of the transfer portal.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 03-10-2021 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

How about the coach that left in the middle of the night and had underlying issues.....

What exactly was "crumbling"? We only got to the elite 8 and had to play Oregon on their home court to go to the 3rd straight Final Four. Vic had us as a top 10 program at a minimum. Are you saying Vic has the same record with these players?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    What exactly was "crumbling"? We only got to the elite 8 and had to play Oregon on their home court to go to the 3rd straight Final Four. Vic had us as a top 10 program at a minimum. Are you saying Vic has the same record with these players?
    With Vic we would be around 19-3 having just lost to USC in the sect championship game. We would be a 3 seed in tourney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    With Vic we would be around 19-3 having just lost to USC in the sect championship game. We would be a 3 seed in tourney.
    Probably agree with that. What a disaster this has been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post

*rolls eyes*

vCash
    Just saying there was more that was going on behind the scenes than what is being told.

Roll your eyes all you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Probably more like 15-5 or so. Let's not forget that Vic had 2 losses last year worse than any that this year's team has had.

Obviously Vic is much, much better at getting the full potential out of his players, but it's not like there weren't any warning signs last year of taking a step back.

Even now, we have only 1 loss outside the top 40 (and sadly only 1 win inside the top 40).