Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSU-Kent St. Game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We could've used him there. What if the game was 4-4 or us up 5-4 in the 5th today though? Having a multi-inning hoss bullpen guy is sometimes a tough decision on when to use him.
    But that didn't happen.

vCash
    We could've used him there. What if the game was 4-4 or us up 5-4 in the 5th today though? Having a multi-inning hoss bullpen guy is sometimes a tough decision on when to use him.
    Well, it just seemed we surrendered yesterday's game. The issue was really trying to get out of that bases loaded no out jam that EC put us in, again. I would have been fine if we had just used Sims to try and get out of that inning with as little a damage as possible and then pulled him for possible use today. We only scored 2 runs through 8 though so it may not have mattered in the end who we pitched.

vCash
    I'd be pissed if I were KS fan/player/coach haha
    Lemonis must be using the MLB smart pitch count. Tepper was at 19 pitches. Meaning Tepper might draw the start Tuesday.

Banned
    vCash
    We just threw a no-hitter. WOW. Saved by a HUGE play, I hope to find a clip of the final play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    But that didn't happen.
    Making decisions with foreknowledge is easy. If we used LS yesterday down 3 and lost and then lost a close one today without LS, I'd be pissed. With that said, it really sucks LS wasn't used in a big situation

vCash
    Great response today.

vCash
    That was one of three plays that saved the no-no. Don't forget McGowan's and Pimentel's plays......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    No sign of Activated Alpha in the thread - we must be doing good
    I've been here youngin, but just at work saving lives in the ER. Glad we won and we looked much better doing it today. Good series win.

vCash
    Yeah, we probably should've swept these guys but in all honesty, they're not a bad ball club at all. They have some big guys and some good athletes and played extremely well defensively this weekend and hit the ball hard. Their pitching is a little suspect outside of Albright but they'll win some games. We'll keep an eye on how they do moving forward but they're a decent mid major.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 03-07-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Banned
    vCash
    First No-No in 36 years. WOW.

vCash
    Somebody needs to tell me what we would receive if we would have swept this team like some of you claim we should have done. Maybe lemonis needed our hitters to see they can't wait around til the last innings to start being productive. Whatever it was we responded today in a way that was very authoritative. We are going to need our pitchers in June so that might mean giving some of them fewer innings now or weekends off. It's a long season. We have an ELITE staff. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    We just threw a no-hitter. WOW. Saved by a HUGE play, I hope to find a clip of the final play.

https://streamable.com/zqhzbk

vCash
    Lemonis must be using the MLB smart pitch count. Tepper was at 19 pitches. Meaning Tepper might draw the start Tuesday.
    He wanted to get tullar a left on left matchup. That's all

vCash
    But that didn't happen.
    Hypotheticals will drive you crazy dealing w baseball. I wouldn't have used sims yesterday or Friday either. But no matter what when you lose one you'll get questioned. Is what it is.

vCash
    best observation to always live by in baseball:

"We'll get em tomorrow"

Quote attributed to MS7

vCash
    Oh before we forget That new lineup did workout/

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Rep Given for being Nice, thank you Skadoosh; WOW what a catch, he musta played some WR too in HS.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Somebody needs to tell me what we would receive if we would have swept this team like some of you claim we should have done. Maybe lemonis needed our hitters to see they can't wait around til the last innings to start being productive. Whatever it was we responded today in a way that was very authoritative. We are going to need our pitchers in June so that might mean giving some of them fewer innings now or weekends off. It's a long season. We have an ELITE staff. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Rep Given.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OLJWales View Post
    Rep Given for being Nice, thank you Skadoosh; WOW what a catch, he musta played some WR too in HS.
    Careful... Leach might have him in pads this fall

vCash
    But we were the only [not really] SEC team to lose yesterday. That's what matters; today's win means zilch! Drink your box wine and enjoy this shit season if you want to, but count me out!*