Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pitching rotation....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Haha. Nope ... you might need to go re read that thread...and again it's 11 games. I'm not jumping on or off any wagon except one... and that one history, cerrantola needs to move out... and to say youve had one change means one change in the last ten minutes.
    List the changes I've had. Go ahead. I'll wait.

vCash
    and again it's 11 games. I'm not jumping on or off any wagon except one... and that one history, cerrantola needs to move out...
    That's literally the only change I want with pitching staff. Move Cerantola out and keep Fristoe in. And you agree with it. So why are you bashing me and my post? We want the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Smart people change their minds after new evidence is presented. Not saying you're smart.
    Sure. But in baseball you can't make someone a hero based on one game. Another chance yes. But based on the last two days we've had three guys on the bench who should be playing, based on their current batting avg. pimentel, McDonald and forsythe... a 3 at bat avg means nothing. A one inning appearance means nothing. Heck, if we based who should play and not play our leading home run hitter would have never hit one after going. 1- the first weekend. Stick to hoops.... with that said I'm shocked McDonald didn't get more abs early based on his fall he had a good one. And cumbest isn't the answer.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 03-07-2021 at 10:35 PM.

vCash
    Sure. But in baseball you can't make someone a hero based on one game. Another chance yes. But based on the last two days we've had three guys on the bench who should be playing, based on their current batting avg. pimentel, McDonald and forsythe... a 3 at bat avg means nothing. A one inning appearance means nothing. Heck, if we based who should play and not play our leading home run hitter would have never hit one after going. 1- the first weekend. Stick to hoops.... with that said I'm shocked McDonald didn't get more abs early based on his fall he had a good one. And cumbest isn't the answer.
    I have no idea what you are rambling about in this post. I think you drank one too many in the Lounge today. I haven't said a word about any of the players you mentioned. But after Fristoe's appearance today, he obviously deserves the chance to start again next Sunday.

vCash
    Haha. Nope ... you might need to go re read that thread...and again it's 11 games. I'm not jumping on or off any wagon except one... and that one history, cerrantola needs to move out... and to say youve had one change means one change in the last ten minutes.
    Dude you're drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    That's literally the only change I want with pitching staff. Move Cerantola out and keep Fristoe in. And you agree with it. So why are you bashing me and my post? We want the same thing.
    I'm not going back and checking on all your changes but you changed your mind in less than 7 hours. I get it after an outing from fristoe but the point is it's early. If we are gonna be elite, McLeod is goi g to have to be good. And I think he will be.

vCash
    See. That's how fickle you guys are. Just chill. One outing good or bad doesn't make a decision. One good outing helps, yes. One bad outing hurts yes. But how much history is there? Had he been good before?? (See rowdey) how much do our coaches like him? (See rowdey his fr , soph years). Hell if we made the lineup based on the Internet rowdey would have never been a so, jr, or much less a sr at state and he wouldn't have been able to play at jack crap junior college......How much has the person done in the fall. How much in the spring..../ You've changed your mind six times since Friday!!
    The thing is...to get a history you have to put people in those situations to see how they perform. And not just practice.

I think the Rowdey thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. Most of the people that wanted him "benched" last year just wanted him sit for a little bit while he was struggling so that he could get back to where he was in a better frame of mind and perform better when he got back in the lineup. And this season most just didn't want him to lead off because we know he has a history of struggling and is a free swinger.

Lemonis put out a lineup more like what fans wanted to see and I think it worked out pretty well.

vCash
    I'm not going back and checking on all your changes but you changed your mind in less than 7 hours. I get it after an outing from fristoe but the point is it's early. If we are gonna be elite, McLeod is goi g to have to be good. And I think he will be.
    Translation: I just said some shit and I can't back it up.

I changed my mind regarding the rotation once and it was due to another good performance from Fristoe today. Not just his performance today, but the fact that he's pitched well every outing so far and I don't see how you can take him out. My original rotation was Bednar, Smith, MacLeod, and I changed it to Bednar, MacLeod, Fristoe. I know it's early. I'm fully aware. And I think MacLeod will be good too. Stop looking for shit to argue about.

vCash
    Dude you're drunk.
    Hmm what did I say that was inaccurate... pimentel, forsythe, and McDonald lead us in avg.... James was 1-14 first weekend he leads us in home runs.... cumbest isn't the answer. Which part was puzzling??

vCash

I changed my mind regarding the rotation once and it was due to another good performance from Fristoe today. Not just his performance today, but the fact that he's pitched well every outing so far and I don't see how you can take him out. My original rotation was Bednar, Smith, MacLeod, and I changed it to Bednar, MacLeod, Fristoe. I know it's early. I'm fully aware. And I think MacLeod will be good too. Stop looking for shit to argue about.
    Translation, you changed your mind after one guy had an elite start.... it was good. Maybe he should have been in the rotation before that. But not in your eyes. Great. You don't make out the lineup. Cool. I'm glad

vCash
    EC is getting drafted this year. He's not coming back. Period. Just isn't.
    Game Theory

If he’s leaving either way, then you definitely don’t start him anymore. I rather invest in Fristoe, C Smith, and Tepper. One of those guys is an Alex Lange already.

I would idealize his circumstances and build him up. He should have started the JSU game and thrown a nice game. He’s Canadian, he doesn’t know JSU is a special circumstance. If these idealized circumstances make him Dakota Hudson by May, both parties win. We have North Alabama, Southern, and Miss Valley State coming up, those are his next three starts.

Harding in the rotation for me or B Smith for a heavy righty team. Use the pitching depth dynamically
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 03-07-2021 at 10:53 PM.

vCash

Too add, if he had done well in every other outing why would you take him out?? SMH.

vCash
    Translation, you changed your mind after one guy had an elite start.... it was good. Maybe he should have been in the rotation before that. But not in your eyes. Great. You don't make out the lineup. Cool. I'm glad
    Yeah you're drunk. I'm done with you man. Just ignore my posts since they're so fickle. Tired of having to defend myself to you every time I post. Not sure why you're being such an insufferable dick tonight, but I hope you sleep it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Game Theory

If he’s leaving either way, then you definitely don’t start him anymore. I rather invest in Fristoe, C Smith, and Tepper. One of those guys is an Alex Lange already.

I would idealize his circumstances and build him up. He should have started the JSU game and thrown a nice game. He’s Canadian, he doesn’t know JSU is a special circumstance. If these idealized circumstances make him Dakota Hudson by May, both parties win.

Harding in the rotation for me or B Smith for a heavy righty team. Use the pitching depth dynamically
    I've already said I'd never start him again in a game. But I'd suspect we give him a go to start a midweek. But you damn sure don't put him in during an inning w people on base so he can walk the world....he'll he might k the side. But the former is more likely

vCash
    I love Brandon smith out of the pen. But he has the stuff to start, no question. A guy that pumps strikes and has the stuff is perfect for the pen to get out of jams. He and sims fit that bill. They are just different guys doing it.

vCash
    Yeah you're drunk. I'm done with you man. Just ignore my posts since they're so fickle. Tired of having to defend myself to you every time I post. Not sure why you're being such an insufferable dick tonight, but I hope you sleep it off.
    You clearly don't agree w your own post Bc you are clearly insecure about your own posts....

vCash
    You clearly don't agree w your own post Bc you are clearly insecure about your own posts....
    I don't even think you comprehend what you just typed. Later dude.

vCash
    I don't even think you comprehend what you just typed. Later dude.
    Sorry if the .... confused ya
    Last edited by Homedawg; 03-07-2021 at 11:11 PM.