Thread: Ali/Frazier #1 on ESPN2

vCash

Ali/Frazier #1 on ESPN2

The fight game as it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    The fight game as it should be.
    I remember the Sports illustrated Cover of this fight and Frazier in those Green shorts. Back when Boxing was the thing to watch.
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/-q4AA...iC/s-l1600.jpg

vCash
    The golden era

Banned
    vCash
    OMG the Memories starting back when I guess I was in about the 5th grade or so which would have been 1973. I loved Ali cuz my Dad did but all of his friends hated Ali for all the obvious reasons regarding his loud mouth and draft dodging. Ali will always be The Greatest IMO. I brought HEAVY Shit to my friends at school many times the day after Ali Victories. I mean can't wait for Monday morning to be a little asshole to my buddies kinda shit., LOL Loved the way Ali would drop his hands and weave his head to dodge punches, taunting his opponents while making them look so damned foolish. Watching a guy that big with as much speed as he had is a thing of beauty. It's a shame the fights are not promoted and shown on regular cable as it seems to have taken that Golden Era Boththrops mentioned down hard. I love boxing at it's a shame the amount of time that has gone by where I didn't even know who the damned Champ was. I just don't understand trashing the Golden Era. I say bring it back. I must say that I'm starting to really like what boxing is offering these days. The Tyson Fury / Deonte Wilder fight was damned good I thought and I like the rumblings of a re-match. Or whomever. I kinda felt sorry for Wilder because I love his right hand, I mean it's like Damn. But he has always had problems defending the left hook and Tyson destroyed him with it. I would like to see Wilder make a come back because he is fun to watch.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 03-07-2021 at 05:37 PM.

vCash
    No doubt and those days are long gone. UFC finished off what was left of professional boxing but the mid to late 60's thru the 80's was the greatest stretch of professional boxing ever. In the heavyweight division alone you had Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers, Spinks, Quarry, Holmes and at the tail end, Tyson and Holyfield. Some say the end of the era was when Tyson bit Holyfield's ear. It's been all downhill since. BTW, I was always a Frazier fan. He knocked Ali's ass slap out of the ring in their first match. Of course, Ali won the next two but Frazier showed Ali was human.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    There will be a rematch. Too much money not to but unless Wilder gets lucky, he ain't beating Fury. Fury beat his ass like a rented mule.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I do a coin trick that my uncle used to do.

I put coins on the back of my hand, toss them in the air and catch them one at a time not all at once. Rules are you can toss them as high as you want but you have to catch them one at a time between the top of you head and your knees.

My uncle could do three... I worked at it and could do four just to shut him up. Then... I read in Guinness Book of World records who had the world record with 5. I never could catch the fifth one. I could hit it but it would always be just below my knee. The man that can do 5... is quick as heck. I was shocked at the name.

It was Cassius Clay. I mean damn.. big man with with some fast ass hands. It's no longer in the book, several have tied it and no one has ever done six and probably won't. I think Billy Blanks tied it (kick boxing video workout guy) and couple others but they all were professional fighters or martial artist that had trained for years on hand speed.