Thread: As expected- the rotation this weekend will be interesting

vCash

As expected- the rotation this weekend will be interesting

And yes, I know we have a tough game against ULL tomorrow.

But tonight went about as well as we could have hoped. Easy 10-0 win, played a lot of guys and Bednar looked good.

Going to be interesting to see how they use Bednar this weekend. He threw 31 pitches tonight so we could potentially see him Saturday or Sunday. I could see us letting him throw anywhere between 30 to probably no more than 50 in that range. Which will probably be good for anywhere between 3-4 IP against Eastern Michigan. Of course, the real question will be whether he starts or not or if this is Cerentola's last stand.

I'm expecting them to start MacLeoud again Friday and then start Bednar or Fristoe Saturday. If you pushed me for an answer I'd say Bednar on Saturday. They're not going to want to put too much pressure on those two because one is a freshman and the other had an injury and is rounding into form. I also want to see Preston Johnson pitch some this weekend too- maybe on Sunday because I could see him pitching against ULL.

We're already starting to see some guys like Self and Forrester getting regulated to midweek SWAC duty as it is.

I know everyone is talking about Cerentola because let's be honest- everyone wants to talk about the train wreck because that's human nature. But to me we REALLY need MacLeoud to step it up even moreso than Cerentola. I say that because if MacLeoud can be a legit Friday night guy then we can keep Bednar on Saturday and then use Fristoe on Sunday.

vCash
    Tonight's game will be interesting, I'm going up and you know Lafayette will be fired up as most non power 5 teams are against any Sec program especially playing at the Dudy.
    I'm wondering how many "more" season" tickets were sold or released but they do come via phone/computer. Maybe the Arkansas series will be rocking like old times as two of the "pre-season" teams are ranked in top 5.
    I'm pretty fired up about tonight cause I haven't been to a baseball game in a while at StarkVegas. I told my oldest daughter and son in law that it would take them years to see as many games as I have seen Msu play. My grandson is close to recovery, I have my thoughts and I just have to stay in my lane about what I think or know. I do know what scouts and coaches say about him, LOL! I just pray he stays healthy, pitchers are like running backs, they get "banged up" and have shorter careers.

vCash
    I think the rotation question is only complicated if you say we had a firm 3 starters to begin with. I think we had lots of preseason hype by College Baseball blogs and the excitement of MLB prospect lists.

At MSU, we always see guys rise from un-known to great. Basically we have some guys being Justin Foscue. When Foscue came to MSU he was a PG 7.5, basically no player at LSU, Ole Miss, or Arkansas ranks that low. But he was not only worthy of the SEC, he was an All American and a 1st Round draft pick. We also get kids that flip-the-switch from near nowhere like Dakota Hudson (that almost transferred), Girodo (that was considered "giving up" when he came from the pen), and Jacob Lindgren (that was not even travelling with the 2013 team but was an All American on the 2014 team).

More than any particular player, we just need 8 horses for SEC weekends. We have that. (1) Sims, (2) B Smith, (3) Fristoe, (4) Harding, (5) Bednar and then the best three from the rest of the staff.

Plus it can be a dynamic thing, the next best three has great Options from McLeod, Koestler, Price, Hunt, Tullar, and others.