Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cerantola might need to scrap the windup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    No way is he a relief pitcher but I'm thinking he needs to only relief in mop up situations when we are either way ahead or behind by many runs. Right now he has "snakes" in his head, I wouldn't give up on him just yet but I would take the pressure off him and hopefully he will relax and find a way to have some success.
    I'll agree w that he only need to go out there in relief opportunities. And it has to be to start and inning!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    This. His fb is electric he just has no idea where it's going when he lets it go.
    Well, whatever, all I can go by is what I see watching his fastball as he pitches on video and the fact that I don't see a lot of swing and miss with his fastball. Heck, one guy fouled off about 6 or 7 fastballs in a row yesterday until he got himself a walk.

vCash
    No way is he a relief pitcher but I'm thinking he needs to only relief in mop up situations when we are either way ahead or behind by many runs. Right now he has "snakes" in his head, I wouldn't give up on him just yet but I would take the pressure off him and hopefully he will relax and find a way to have some success.
    I have had the good fortune to play softball with former razorback pitchers that were only a couple years out of college. While in college, part of their offseason training was to throw a lot of long throws in offseason to build arm strength. With their natural ability and the time they spent working on long throws, they had absolute canons from the outfield. If he can catch, give him a chance out in the big grass and let him gun runners trying stretch a hit.

I am mostly kidding but if his draft stock falls far enough because he gets moved to short relief in college, there may be a plan B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NWADAWG View Post
    I have had the good fortune to play softball with former razorback pitchers that were only a couple years out of college. While in college, part of their offseason training was to throw a lot of long throws in offseason to build arm strength. With their natural ability and the time they spent working on long throws, they had absolute canons from the outfield. If he can catch, give him a chance out in the big grass and let him gun runners trying stretch a hit.

I am mostly kidding but if his draft stock falls far enough because he gets moved to short relief in college, there may be a plan B.
    Funny about long throwing in off season, I believe this could or does help. I do know pitchers coming back from arm injuries start of with soft toss throwing, then next day or time to throw they extended to say 100 to 150 feet. So long tossing has to help build strength in the arm. There is one pitcher now who is recovering ahead of schedule, should be throwing 100% in a bout a week maybe two weeks.

vCash
    Funny about long throwing in off season, I believe this could or does help. I do know pitchers coming back from arm injuries start of with soft toss throwing, then next day or time to throw they extended to say 100 to 150 feet. So long tossing has to help build strength in the arm. There is one pitcher now who is recovering ahead of schedule, should be throwing 100% in a bout a week maybe two weeks.
    That’s good to hear about the progress. Long tossing is apparently one of the few training methods that has survived over the years. 30 years ago long tossing was one of the most popular ways to strengthen a players arm.

vCash

Dude is a pitcher. LF and RF have to produce offensively at the next level. Cerantola already struggles with athleticism on the mound. I doubt he can swing it extremely well. Could be wrong though.

Guys that are low to mid 90s from the OF are pretty common at the next level.

vCash

Leo Mazzone and Tom House were big on long throwing and doing it with a football
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18