Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aubbie gme

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Who are the 4? I think vandy and aTm quality, but not sure other than that
    1st OM game And Arky.

vCash
    I was there for aTm game. It's wasn't effort. It was crappy play.

OM isn't as untalented as you paint them. Romero white was .97 as a prospect.

OM lost to vandy without pippen and disu like a week ago, so I wouldn't say Kermit gets 100% out of his team. Hell, they lost to us at home with the tourney on the line. Your love affair with Kermit is odd to say the least
    The point in my whole Kermit stance is that the man always wins with less and he is a state grad. That?s what makes Miss State sports successful. See Vic and Mullen. They weren?t Miss State grads and they did great things for our program. I will never understand hiring Ray over Kermit. Howland never won a title with an entire team of NBA talent. Again, I don?t think Kermit is the best coach in the SEC. I think Pearl, Oats, Musselman and Wade (well he is cheating so I?m being generous) are better. But he makes the most of what he has. It can?t be said the same for Howland. Do I think we should fire Howland? No. But I would take Kermit anyway over Howland

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    1st OM game And Arky.
    OM is a pretty equal match with us imo.

Ark is just better... way better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    1st OM game And Arky.
    Agree with 1st Ole Miss but not Arky. I won?t blame Howland for that and I am not a Howland supporter. Arky is more talented and that was in Fayetteville. That wasn?t a bad loss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    The free throw shooting is just a killer. Even worse than the turnovers. It?s just a major area of opportunity that can easily be fixed by practice practice practice
    Howland was asked about that a few weeks ago in a postgame pressor. He stated that they practice FTs the last 10 mins of Practice and everyone does great shooting them. I guess that he needs to incorporate the Reese Bobby tactic of losing gametime butterflies. Just got to go find a '69 Chevelle and a cougar.

vCash
    The point in my whole Kermit stance is that the man always wins with less and he is a state grad. That?s what makes Miss State sports successful. See Vic and Mullen. They weren?t Miss State grads and they did great things for our program. I will never understand hiring Ray over Kermit. Howland never won a title with an entire team of NBA talent. Again, I don?t think Kermit is the best coach in the SEC. I think Pearl, Oats, Musselman and Wade (well he is cheating so I?m being generous) are better. But he makes the most of what he has. It can?t be said the same for Howland. Do I think we should fire Howland? No. But I would take Kermit anyway over Howland
    OM was literally a losing team last season. Kermit took over a much better program than howland did here. Currently, Kermit is winning .556 of his games at OM, and howland is winning .583 of his at state. Keep in mind, howland had a compete rebuild.

vCash
    In the last 15 years, OM has 2 seasons. Kermit has 1 of them.

vCash
    OM was literally a losing team last season. Kermit took over a much better program than howland did here. Currently, Kermit is winning .556 of his games at OM, and howland is winning .583 of his at state. Keep in mind, howland had a compete rebuild.
    But Howland has better raw talent. Yes talent is part of the game, but he should be way higher in percentage. I am not that mad about this year, but give Kermit the talent had in 2019 and 2020 and I would bet my house we have a sweet 16 in 2019 and be a projected 3 or 4 seed in 2020. This argument is the Chicken and the egg. Would you rather have a coach or a recruiter? The results end up similar but I would take a coach who is not a great recruiter because you know there is a possibility that you can make a run. A recruiter (unless you are Calipari and get all 5 stars) won?t do that.

vCash
    Frank Martin is the perfect example. He is a terrible recruiter and has to develop every player he gets to sign, but he has a final 4. The dude is a good coach but a lot of players don?t want to play for him. Aside from this year when he and his team had COVID it was always over performing expectations

vCash
    But Howland has better raw talent. Yes talent is part of the game, but he should be way higher in percentage. I am not that mad about this year, but give Kermit the talent had in 2019 and 2020 and I would bet my house we have a sweet 16 in 2019 and be a projected 3 or 4 seed in 2020. This argument is the Chicken and the egg. Would you rather have a coach or a recruiter? The results end up similar but I would take a coach who is not a great recruiter because you know there is a possibility that you can make a run. A recruiter (unless you are Calipari and get all 5 stars) won?t do that.
    Kermit had Davis (current nba player), tyree, and Shuler his first season at OM. That's a pretty good core. Davis has been better than all our nba/g league guys in the pros. With that core, he lost in 1st round of tourney.

vCash
    Frank Martin is the perfect example. He is a terrible recruiter and has to develop every player he gets to sign, but he has a final 4. The dude is a good coach but a lot of players don?t want to play for him. Aside from this year when he and his team had COVID it was always over performing expectations
    Since that final 4, he's 57-57. During that same period, howland is 82-46

vCash
    Since that final 4, he's 57-57. During that same period, howland is 82-46
    But it goes back to the fact Martin has no talent. Yes that?s on him for not recruiting better, but he has the proof he can do it. He has that final 4 at a team that has worse history than us. He pulled that off. I would take 57-57 from Howland if he made that kind of run at state

vCash
    But it goes back to the fact Martin has no talent. Yes that?s on him for not recruiting better, but he has the proof he can do it. He has that final 4 at a team that has worse history than us. He pulled that off. I would take 57-57 from Howland if he made that kind of run at state
    Bullshit—57-57 and his ass is grass. I’ll take Ben over Martin—recruiting is huge