Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aubbie gme

vCash
    Well, we gotta improve on TOs and FTs this offseason. They're our killer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    So we finish 14-13; 8-10 for the regular season. Howland gets a C maybe C+.
    He had 2 good wins but at least 4 WTF losses.

vCash
    So we finish 14-13; 8-10 for the regular season. Howland gets a C maybe C+.
    Can't argue with that. I will say though that FTs aren't on a coach imo, and they are the difference in a lot of wins/losses.

vCash
    Well I guess the boys will match the girls experience in the SEC tourney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well, we gotta improve on TOs and FTs this offseason. They're our killer.
    Devion Smith has to get much better offensively with his shot. He needs big improvements on free throw shooting and 3 point shooting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    He had 2 good wins but at least 4 WTF losses.
    Who are the 4? I think vandy and aTm quality, but not sure other than that

vCash
    Devion Smith has to get much better offensively with his shot. He needs big improvements on free throw shooting and 3 point shooting.
    Does he though? I say play him, Molinar, Stewart, t. Smith, and fountain together. D. Smith just distribute and lay it up. He has to shoot FTs better though

vCash
    The free throw shooting is just a killer. Even worse than the turnovers. It?s just a major area of opportunity that can easily be fixed by practice practice practice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    The free throw shooting is just a killer. Even worse than the turnovers. It?s just a major area of opportunity that can easily be fixed by practice practice practice
    I do think FT shooting improves with experience for the most part, so maybe they step it up next season.

I want a transfer guard that's know for shooting

vCash
    Does he though? I say play him, Molinar, Stewart, t. Smith, and fountain together. D. Smith just distribute and lay it up. He has to shoot FTs better though
    Yes. He needs to be able to make an open shot.

vCash
    Yes. He needs to be able to make an open shot.
    Fair enough. I don't want him shooting that much though

vCash
    Can't argue with that. I will say though that FTs aren't on a coach imo, and they are the difference in a lot of wins/losses.
    Disagree, the HC's job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Disagree, the HC's job
    Maybe so. Was Phil Jackson a bad coach when Shaq missed em?

I do agree to some extent. Howland should've never played Matthews earlier in the year in winning time. Tolu smith though should play no matter what. Tolu has to get better on the line, and I don't think it's howland's fault for the misses

vCash
    Maybe so. Was Phil Jackson a bad coach when Shaq missed em?

I do agree to some extent. Howland should've never played Matthews earlier in the year in winning time. Tolu smith though should play no matter what. Tolu has to get better on the line, and I don't think it's howland's fault for the misses
    I don't blame Howland for the free throws. You are right though, Howland cost us the Dayton game by playing Matthews in late game situations. I do blame Howland for the unforced turnovers. That simply can't be tolerated. We are one of the slowest team in college basketball in terms of tempo and we turn the ball over almost as much as anyone. We are in the 300 range in both categories. That makes for bad basketball and makes games ugly and hard to watch. Even wins are a grind.

vCash
    Watching Kermits no talent teams play 100 percent all the time is frustrating to watch

vCash
    I don't blame Howland for the free throws. You are right though, Howland cost us the Dayton game by playing Matthews in late game situations. I do blame Howland for the unforced turnovers. That simply can't be tolerated. We are one of the slowest team in college basketball in terms of tempo and we turn the ball over almost as much as anyone. We are in the 300 range in both categories. That makes for bad basketball and makes games ugly and hard to watch. Even wins are a grind.
    Yep I can?t make myself watch it. I keep trying but every time I try to watch it I just end up with a headache

Banned
    vCash
    Watching Kermits no talent teams play 100 percent all the time is frustrating to watch
    YEP. Now I'm 3 for 3 tonight on Reps. Wish some of our hitters coulda done the same today.
    Last edited by OLJWales; 03-06-2021 at 09:06 PM.

vCash
    Didn't they just lose to vandy last week? What games do you think we lost bc of no effort?

vCash
    Didn't they just lose to vandy last week? What games do you think we lost bc of no effort?
    2nd half of TAMU at home, Ole Miss at home and Vandy at home. That?s this year. Last year. La Tech, New Mexico State, Ole Miss in Oxford, aTm, Sc @ Columbia. Win those 7 and Howland is sitting good.

vCash
    2nd half of TAMU at home, Ole Miss at home and Vandy at home. That?s this year. Last year. La Tech, New Mexico State, Ole Miss in Oxford, aTm, Sc @ Columbia. Win those 7 and Howland is sitting good.
    I was there for aTm game. It's wasn't effort. It was crappy play.

OM isn't as untalented as you paint them. Romero white was .97 as a prospect.

OM lost to vandy without pippen and disu like a week ago, so I wouldn't say Kermit gets 100% out of his team. Hell, they lost to us at home with the tourney on the line. Your love affair with Kermit is odd to say the least