Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: MSU-Kent State Game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We have 5 hits tonight and all but 1 are singles. Pitiful.
    A lot of empty innings. Need Hatcher to get going. And need to find another bat. At this point, i'm hoping for Skinner.

vCash
    Nice 2 out RBI single there by LTanner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    A lot of empty innings. Need Hatcher to get going. And need to find another bat. At this point, i'm hoping for Skinner.
    As I said earlier, Hatcher should be batting 6th or 7th, not 4th. Not even really sure he needs to start against LH pitching.

vCash
    As I said earlier, Hatcher should be batting 6th or 7th, not 4th. Not even really sure he needs to start against LH pitching.
    We just don't have a lot of options sitting on the bench. Cumbest struggled with the curve tonight and needs more AB's. Kellum Clark isn't quite ready, he needs 200 AB's. I don't see any one else to go to other than Skinner. If this were pro ball, I would trade 2 of our pitchers for a Right Handed batter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We just don't have a lot of options sitting on the bench. Cumbest struggled with the curve tonight and needs more AB's. Kellum Clark isn't quite ready, he needs 200 AB's. I don't see any one else to go to other than Skinner. If this were pro ball, I would trade 2 of our pitchers for a Right Handed batter.
    Yea, that's why you probably still have to start him even against lefties but the order after Tanner Allen should be LTanner and LHancock regardless of the pitcher before Hatcher. Against lefties Kam James should bat ahead of him.

vCash
    Ballgame.

vCash
    A really good game 1 this weekend. And so great to get Bednar a start to his season. We will have growing pains at the plate at times with lower velocity pitching but we are gonna be fine as we adjust to all levels of pitching.
    We will pitch nasty with umps that don?t minimize the strike zone. Love where we are. Lots to improve but like possibilities

vCash
    Our bullpen No Hit them since the 2nd

19 straight retired

vCash
    Yep, long term I'm much more concerned about the offense than our pitching. As for pitching, if one guy isn't performing, like our starter tonight, we have lots of other options.

vCash
    Yep, long term I'm much more concerned about the offense than our pitching. As for pitching, if one guy isn't performing, like our starter tonight, we have lots of other options.
    Let’s invest in Kellum Clark, let him get ABs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    He's been injured so he just wanted him to get an easy inning to see how he felt. No need to rush him back. He'll probably start next week.
    This is the correct answer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He would be getting tons of ABs on off days vs Self, Price, Patrick, Tepper etc if I were coach. This is such a unique situation to have this much pitching depth. Take advantage.

vCash
    We only have lh hitting first baseman so who you want to start? Clark isn't ready. Pimentel?? Hatch wil be fine. I wish people would quit basing there thoughts on a game a handful of games. And I'm not talking about you. Just in general. Heck two days ago we had people that wanted Landon James to leadoff Bc he lead us in hitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Haha people bitch when no one updates the game thread, and people bitch when I update it every play. I give up.
    I missed the game and the thread because of work, but please keep updating like this!!!! It's refreshing to check the thread and know what's happening without scrolling through 5 pages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He's gonna be really good but he had a k invested fall. He's getting better but he's not ready to play every day yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Can someone explain why the F is Lemonis playing Bednar here?
    He got him into a game with zero pressure. And, a lead for his first live game action this year.

Brilliant move!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    He got him into a game with zero pressure. And, a lead for his first live game action this year.

Brilliant move!
    Why is it brilliant? Barring injury purposes, why not get him in on a Sunday start where we've already won the series? We were up by 4 in the 7th when Smith had retired 7 straight.

He gets more innings and more experience in a no pressure environment if he starts him on Sunday. It really doesn't make sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We only have lh hitting first baseman so who you want to start? Clark isn't ready. Pimentel?? Hatch wil be fine. I wish people would quit basing there thoughts on a game a handful of games. And I'm not talking about you. Just in general. Heck two days ago we had people that wanted Landon James to leadoff Bc he lead us in hitting.
    People forget the Bianco affect when you try to look like the champs in every regular season game instead of pacing and seeing what you have

vCash
    He is coming off an injury. .. First time to throw in a live game situation this season. Removed any pressure with a lead in late inning. Gave him confidence for next game/start. Looked like it worked.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skadoosh14 View Post
    Why is it brilliant? Barring injury purposes, why not get him in on a Sunday start where we've already won the series? We were up by 4 in the 7th when Smith had retired 7 straight.

He gets more innings and more experience in a no pressure environment if he starts him on Sunday. It really doesn't make sense to me.
    He was probably never going to let him pitch much this weekend. Just get his feet wet, then increase it next week.