Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBB Roster Attrition

vCash

WBB Roster Attrition

SR had been adamant for several weeks there will be transfers "for the betterment of the team". This tells me he may know exactly who's leaving or who is causing issues.

This may be a premature topic but any idea who it could be? I have my suspicions but I don't think any of us know unless you have good info from within the program. So any clues?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    SR had been adamant for several weeks there will be transfers "for the betterment of the team". This tells me he may know exactly who's leaving or who is causing issues.

This may be a premature topic but any idea who it could be? I have my suspicions but I don't think any of us know unless you have good info from within the program. So any clues?
    "For the betterment of the team"....hahaha that's funny. This is damage control for the players who are leaving. The reality is NMP is in serious trouble. We are are going to continue the downward trend in WBB
    No Signature

vCash
    I may very well be most of our most talented players. Rickea, JaMya, Matharu, Carter, possibly Hayes. These girls came here to win, and it's beyond obvious they have no confidence in this coach.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    "For the betterment of the team"....hahaha that's funny. This is damage control for the players who are leaving. The reality is NMP is in serious trouble. We are are going to continue the downward trend in WBB
    Yup!

vCash
    Nikki has run them off and will tear it down like I said. Screw John Cohen! This has become his thing with every hire. Just tear it apart and start over. Completely different direction. He knew when he hired her she was wanting to move to a pressing and running style. He should've known this shit wouldn't work.

vCash
    I have to admit that I don't follow Women's basketball that closely, but how the hell do we go from a Final Four team, to perennial Top 10 team - to a team that goes 10-9 and 5-7 in the SEC in one season?

I mean, what the hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I have to admit that I don't follow Women's basketball that closely, but how the hell do we go from a Final Four team, to perennial Top 10 team - to a team that goes 10-9 and 5-7 in the SEC in one season?

I mean, what the hell.
    It just shows again that loads of talent with no direction is at best mediocre.

vCash
    Coach Nikki came in with an incredible resume'. I was 100% on board. Now I wonder if it was a "diversity" hire more than anything.

Wishing now that we had just promoted Johnnie Harris.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Nikki has run them off and will tear it down like I said. Screw John Cohen! This has become his thing with every hire. Just tear it apart and start over. Completely different direction. He knew when he hired her she was wanting to move to a pressing and running style. He should've known this shit wouldn't work.
    Good Coaches make the correct moves with style of play especially a young team. Nothing wrong with wanting and changing but to change with what was working in your first year with a young team was down right dumb! Her problem is she is a soft coach and players have no respect for her and no hustle which is the coaches problem. She should have been sitting players who don't listen or do what is needed.
    Bad hire yes so far, we shall see what happens say next year but I'm not thinking she will stay 3 or 4 years IF things stay the same.
    I'm not putting all the blame on Cohen from what I've seen on the floor from this team.

vCash
    Not saying SR knows what he's talking about on this but he has said that there were issues last year when Vic was here with certain players that never got reported. So that elimates Madison hayes.

vCash

Someone is leaving for the betterment of the team, so are you saying NMP is leaving?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
    Coach Nikki came in with an incredible resume'. I was 100% on board. Now I wonder if it was a "diversity" hire more than anything.

That resume that you speak of was mostly as player and carrying another coaches clipboard, not a HC. Mostly unknown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That resume that you speak of was mostly as player and carrying another coaches clipboard, not a HC. Mostly unknown.
    Old Dominion?

vCash
    Not saying SR knows what he's talking about on this but he has said that there were issues last year when Vic was here with certain players that never got reported. So that elimates Madison hayes.
    There weren't issues last year on the court. The issues were being late for shoot around. It's being used to try to paint this situation a certain way. But last year the one they're talking about played lights out and played hard. Did some FR stuff, but that's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There weren't issues last year on the court. The issues were being late for shoot around. It's being used to try to paint this situation a certain way. But last year the one they're talking about played lights out and played hard. Did some FR stuff, but that's it.
    RJ

vCash
    Yeah. The WBB program is toast. Advice: stop following it. The run is over. For good.

vCash
    Funny! Cohen hired a proven HC, with SEC playing time and SEC coaching time as an assistant! If he had promoted a 21 year career assistant from 'inside,' he would have been castrated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    That resume' ... and carrying another coaches clipboard, not a HC. Mostly unknown.
    3 Years HC at Ole Dominion, improved record every year. Ole Dominion with a rich WBB history and a record 10 National Championships!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    3 Years HC at Ole Dominion, improved record every year. Ole Dominion with a rich WBB history and a record 10 National Championships!
    They can have her back. They haven't won a title in years. CUSA is awful! Let's not pretend that program compares to us currently. Well, prior to this hire. They won a title in 85. OM was dominant back then. They haven't won 10 NCAA titles either.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-05-2021 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    Old Dominion?
    I know 3 years at ODU. That ani't a proven HC record for a top 5 program. Moorhead had a few years at Fordham too with a good record and Moorhead took over an average program. Our WBB was top 5 good. Apples and oranges. I've said this over and over.

Her only impressive resume stuff was as a player, that is it. Sitting on bench holding a clipboard is not top tier resume for a top 5 program.