Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSU vs TAMU bball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    hard to do when you are 3-12 from the free throw line.
    FT shooting was brutal tonight. Gotta do better Saturday Bc we have a real shot at finishing 15-12 (9-9) after being totally gutted this offseason. Big game vs auburn

vCash
    I was impressed with Fountains D. Has great length.

Ok that sounds kinda terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    This is not hyperbole..I have never seen a D1 athlete with worse hands than Abdul Ado. It's pitiful.
    He tends to struggle when they pass the ball to his ankles...

vCash
    How in the heck did we win a game where we shoot 3-12 from the FT line and have 17 TOs and they shoot 9-10 from the FT line and have 4 TOs? This game literally went against all the stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    How in the heck did we win a game where we shoot 3-12 from the FT line and have 17 TOs and they shoot 9-10 from the FT line and have 4 TOs? This game literally went against all the stats.
    Fg% went our way 53.1 to 31.9
    3% went our way 42.1 to 16.0
    We had 17 TO but 18 assists, so we were positive there.

My player of the game...
    D. Smith: 7 pts 6 assists 8 reb

Please let us keep Stewart, Molinar, and d. Smith together next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Fg% went our way 53.1 to 31.9
    3% went our way 42.1 to 16.0
    We had 17 TO but 18 assists, so we were positive there.

My player of the game...
    D. Smith: 7 pts 6 assists 8 reb

Please let us keep Stewart, Molinar, and d. Smith together next season
    Whew....didn't realize they were THAT bad from 3pt. Might want to just stop shooting them at that point.

vCash
    This game is just a microcosm of our season..... too many Turnovers and can't make FT's.

Don't get me wrong, glad we won. But if we just shoot 70% from the FT line on the season, we are in the NCAA tournament this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    This game is just a microcosm of our season..... too many Turnovers and can't make FT's.

Don't get me wrong, glad we won. But if we just shoot 70% from the FT line on the season, we are in the NCAA tournament this year.
    D. Smith has got to improve his FT shooting. As a 6'0 tall PG, 60% is not going to cut it. He needs to be 80%.

And we are 285th in the country in Turnovers per game. Which is even worse considering our pace of play. That's awful. And a lot of our turnovers are unforced.

vCash
    This year is definitely an anomaly. State has won at least 3 games, maybe more(too lazy to look it up) scoring only in the low to mid 60?s. I remember multiple years where State scoring in the low to mid 60?s was a giantess loss. A couple of seasons, I think they never won a game that they scored less than 64 points.

I believe this is a bad year for SEC basketball.
    But the B1G is always rated high and nearly all of their games are played in the 60?s. I don?t think it is defense in the SEC though. I just think it is bad basketball. A&M is awful. Vandy is awful. SC is bad, UK is bad, Auburn is bad, Ole Miss is mediocre, State is mediocre, Georgia is meh, Florida is meh. LSU is decent, Arkansas is decent, UT is decent, Missouri is pretty good, Alabama is very good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    This year is definitely an anomaly. State has won at least 3 games, maybe more(too lazy to look it up) scoring only in the low to mid 60?s. I remember multiple years where State scoring in the low to mid 60?s was a giantess loss. A couple of seasons, I think they never won a game that they scored less than 64 points.

I believe this is a bad year for SEC basketball.
    But the B1G is always rated high and nearly all of their games are played in the 60?s. I don?t think it is defense in the SEC though. I just think it is bad basketball. A&M is awful. Vandy is awful. SC is bad, UK is bad, Auburn is bad, Ole Miss is mediocre, State is mediocre, Georgia is meh, Florida is meh. LSU is decent, Arkansas is decent, UT is decent, Missouri is pretty good, Alabama is very good.
    The SEC is probably going to get 6 teams in the tournament and I won't be surprised if 5 don't get out of the 1st weekend. Usually we could say that this is just the SEC cannibalizing itself but the SEC has just not been very good this year at all. I haven't been impressed with anyone outside of Bama and they've even went through some bad stretches.

vCash
    The SEC is probably going to get 6 teams in the tournament and I won't be surprised if 5 don't get out of the 1st weekend. Usually we could say that this is just the SEC cannibalizing itself but the SEC has just not been very good this year at all. I haven't been impressed with anyone outside of Bama and they've even went through some bad stretches.
    You think Bama or ark get bounced 1st round?

How much national basketball do you watch to compare with? Just curious Bc Kenpom (6 sec in top 50) and rpi (5 in top 50 and sec #3 overall) like the sec.

ETA... now we may have 4 teams in the 6-9 seed range, so those are sorta 50/50. I think ark and Bama roll first round
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-04-2021 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    You think Bama or ark get bounced 1st round?

How much national basketball do you watch to compare with? Just curious Bc Kenpom (6 sec in top 50) and rpi (5 in top 50 and sec #3 overall) like the sec.

ETA... now we may have 4 teams in the 6-9 seed range, so those are sorta 50/50. I think ark and Bama roll first round
    I didn't say the first round. I said the first weekend. I think 3-4 teams win their first round game, but I only think Bama gets to the second weekend, and if they aren't hitting it's not out of the realm of possibility they're upset in the round of 32.

vCash
    I didn't say the first round. I said the first weekend. I think 3-4 teams win their first round game, but I only think Bama gets to the second weekend, and if they aren't hitting it's not out of the realm of possibility they're upset in the round of 32.
    Gotcha, my bad.

I'm not saying you're wrong on the sec BTW. I've found myself only watching sec basketball this season, so I really have nothing to compare

vCash
    Gotcha, my bad.

I'm not saying you're wrong on the sec BTW. I've found myself only watching sec basketball this season, so I really have nothing to compare
    This year has been hard to judge because of all the stops and starts. I feel like Gonzaga and Baylor are probably in tier 1. Michigan, Illinois, Bama, tOSU, Houston, Iowa, and Villanova are probably in the Tier 2 and Arky could sneak into that tier as well. But after that it's a seismic drop off. I think we're going to see some upsets just because of the unknown, but if I had to peg a Final 4 right now it's probably Gonzaga, Baylor, and pick any of those teams in that Tier 2. Oklahoma St. is a team to watch at the moment. Cade Cunningham has really taken it to another level the last two weeks and if they get a good draw they're a sneaky team to make some noise.

vCash
    That could happen.