Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your weekly Hud thread

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash

I gotta say it fellas, WE WANT HUD!!!

I swear if HUD was our coach right now we could very well be undefeated. Or 8-1 , we def beat auburn, lsu and tam. We need to do what's best for the future of msu. And that HUD, for one if you don't think for a minute that if dan has one good season he will leave your mistaken. He's gonna leave and then where is that gonna leave us? HUD WILL be gone to a bcs school. So I think it's best after the season to get HUD in here ASAP.

vCash
    People are really setting themselves up for disappointment with Hudspeth. It's unlikely his first 5 years will be much better than Mullen's first 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    People are really setting themselves up for disappointment with Hudspeth. It's unlikely his first 5 years will be much better than Mullen's first 5.
    I disagree. I think he'll do pretty well at SC or Florida.

vCash
    Chances are we'll never know because the stars would have to align perfectly for him to ever be HC at State. Other than that, I'd agree that he would not be more successful than Mullen.....at State.

vCash
    I haven't decided yet, but your wrong in saying he wouldn't do as well as Mullen in his first 5 years. Hud would be taking over a 3 times better team and program than Mullen took over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I disagree. I think he'll do pretty well at SC or Florida.
    Would you and C34 please stop with the snide comments about how Hud is going to get some cherry job somewhere and is now TOO GOOD for MSU somehow or not interested in our job. You guys are getting as childish as folks on the other end of the spectrum. Outside of the MSU fanbase there are very few college fans that even know who Mark Hudspeth is. Could he get considered for some really big time job straight out of the Sun Belt, yes, but Malzahn ONLY got the Auburn job because he was a well known quantity there and Freeze got the OM job because he was a known quantity at OM and in with the Touhys. SC and FL fans are not going to be falling all over themselves with giddiness about hiring a Mark Hudspeth I can assure you and they have NO connection to him. They both can make better sure fire hires than Mark Hudspeth if they want, especially at Florida. I would say Hud has a MUCH better chance of getting our gig at the moment than either one of those two who at this time don't have openings either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I haven't decided yet, but your wrong in saying he wouldn't do as well as Mullen in his first 5 years. Hud would be taking over a 3 times better team and program than Mullen took over.
    This

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    Not better than Mullen at msu? He took ull at team that sucked way worse than us to 2 straight 9-3 seasons and this year he will likely be 10-2. I think he def will do better than Mullen. I hope we don't miss out on him like we did when he was wanting to be a player at state. I think he finally gets his big shot with us. The guy is a winner.

vCash
    Mullen's only mistake is deviating from what his offense is. Trying to put a pure pocket passer in a run spread offense doesn't work. It worked for Alex Smith because he's mobile. Tyler Russell is about as mobile as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. It cost us the last three years, 2011, Relf got hurt against Auburn and wasn't right the rest of the year. We tried running Tyler, he got hurt. 2012: We try to go with Tyler with the offense leaning heavily toward passing, we abandoned the Mullen offense. 2013: We're in the Tyler boat, we go with him, he gets hurt. Dak is the prototypical Mullen QB, and he's improving dramatically as the season goes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Would you and C34 please stop with the snide comments about how Hud is going to get some cherry job somewhere and is now TOO GOOD for MSU somehow or not interested in our job. You guys are getting as childish as folks on the other end of the spectrum. Outside of the MSU fanbase there are very few college fans that even know who Mark Hudspeth is. Could he get considered for some really big time job straight out of the Sun Belt, yes, but Malzahn ONLY got the Auburn job because he was a well known quantity there and Freeze got the OM job because he was a known quantity at OM and in with the Touhys. SC and FL fans are not going to be falling all over themselves with giddiness about hiring a Mark Hudspeth I can assure you and they have NO connection to him. They both can make better sure fire hires than Mark Hudspeth if they want, especially at Florida. I would say Hud has a MUCH better chance of getting our gig at the moment than either one of those two who at this time don't have openings either.
    Good post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    They've been doing a master troll job for about a month now, making short comments with no actual information, just something that will piss y'all off. And y'all keep taking the bait.

And the page views keep rolling in.

vCash
    At this point, I'd like to find out.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    Mullen's only mistake is deviating from what his offense is. Trying to put a pure pocket passer in a run spread offense doesn't work. It worked for Alex Smith because he's mobile. Tyler Russell is about as mobile as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. It cost us the last three years, 2011, Relf got hurt against Auburn and wasn't right the rest of the year. We tried running Tyler, he got hurt. 2012: We try to go with Tyler with the offense leaning heavily toward passing, we abandoned the Mullen offense. 2013: We're in the Tyler boat, we go with him, he gets hurt. Dak is the prototypical Mullen QB, and he's improving dramatically as the season goes on.
    GOLD Dan is Dud we want HUD

Banned
    vCash
    I am ready for a change too.... We were outmatched at every position.

Especially at the coaching position.

Banned
    vCash
    anything beats having to watch Mullen underachieve and do the same shit every week..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg View Post
    Al freaking Borges was able to run the West Coast Offense with Denard Robinson at Michigan and added some zone read concepts to the offense and it worked. Good coaches can adjust their offense to their personnel.

2nd Half Playcaller
    vCash
    There it is, good coaches can adjust, this one obviously can't. I really hope hack is right when he said mark it down HUD will be our coach next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Al freaking Borges was able to run the West Coast Offense with Denard Robinson at Michigan and added some zone read concepts to the offense and it worked. Good coaches can adjust their offense to their personnel.
    Denard is mobile and can get out of trouble, Tyler cannot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    At this point, I'd like to find out.
    What amazes me, and this is whether you are a Mullen guy, a Hud guy or on some other page, is how little potential some of our most ardent fans apparently believe our football program has even after dumping 100 million dollars into facilities and umpteen sellouts in a row with a great game atmosphere up until the last few games. Whether you are currently pro-Mullen or not I don't see how any reasonable person could look at what we are currently accomplishing and not believe that there are possibly hundreds of coaches out there (not named Croom) who could accomplish similar. ALL SEC teams currently win their OOC games unless playing other BCS schools and the SEC teams we've beaten lately or either trying to work their way off the very bottom of the SEC OR ready to fire their coach like the 4 SEC teams we beat last year. I'm on the fence with Mullen but he definitely has GOT to raise his game if the MSU fanbase is suppose to support him long term. My feeling is, right now, IF we did make a change we don't have very much to lose on the possible downside.

vCash
    Dan realizes his mistake, he won't admit to it though. Damian William, Nick Fitz and Elijah Staley are all dual threat mobile QB's , also notice we've not recruited a QB from Mississippi since Favre, because our schools just don't develop QB's