Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Back

vCash
    I'm starting to wonder (conspiracy theory warning) if this is going to serve as an experiment to see if MSU can sell tickets and meet demand without having to sell berm tickets. Intentional or not.

I'm excited no matter what they mean decide. More people allowed in means more tickets on the open market- which makes it easier to see a game regardless of the capacity restrictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm starting to wonder (conspiracy theory warning) if this is going to serve as an experiment to see if MSU can sell tickets and meet demand without having to sell berm tickets. Intentional or not.

I'm excited no matter what they mean decide. More people allowed in means more tickets on the open market- which makes it easier to see a game regardless of the capacity restrictions.
    I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph....

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I doubt we go full 100% right away.

But whatever is next is a whole lot better than 20%.
    This is what is total bullshit. They take everything away and then when they finally give just a little bit back we are all just grateful to take the crumbs because it’s better than nothing. I have been one of the only Cohen and Keenum supporters on here but the fact that the governor says we can have 100 % attendance and they aren’t going to 100% attendance is complete and total bullshit. They both deserve a ton of heat for this bullshit.

vCash
    I wonder how many people are going to check their temperature before leaving home for the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I wonder how many people are going to check their temperature before leaving home for the game.
    Zero

vCash
    While not affecting MSU piss all, Starkville is keeping the mask mandate until at least 3/16 when the city council meets again. Spruill said she would like to keep it until the spring semester ends in April.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    While not affecting MSU piss all, Starkville is keeping the mask mandate until at least 3/16 when the city council meets again. Spruill said she would like to keep it until the spring semester ends in April.
    While Oxford votes 7-0 to end it.... just FYI. I'm not really bothered by the mask. I wear one just to make other people happy anyway. Not sure why I don't like them, the masks have completed ended the flu as we know it***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your first paragraph....
    It's no secret that MSU wants fans in the seats and they see the same issue that we all do with the empty chairbacks and has been working to find a solution for this.

The most fair way to do it for all involved is a ticket exchange- which MSU has with StubHub. The issue is season ticket holders are having to be encouraged to use it.

Apparently fans that had tickets to JSU and Tulane last week that didn't use them are going to be penalized somehow- which is the first time I have ever heard of MSU having to do this. My guess is you won't be penalized if you can't go but put your tickets up on StubHub but that's just a guess.

vCash
    Come may, it's going to be hot wearing a mask at a baseball game. I guess you could just hold a water and say you're drinking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's no secret that MSU wants fans in the seats and they see the same issue that we all do with the empty chairbacks and has been working to find a solution for this.

The most fair way to do it for all involved is a ticket exchange- which MSU has with StubHub. The issue is season ticket holders are having to be encouraged to use it.

Apparently fans that had tickets to JSU and Tulane last week that didn't use them are going to be penalized somehow- which is the first time I have ever heard of MSU having to do this. My guess is you won't be penalized if you can't go but put your tickets up on StubHub but that's just a guess.
    First, nobody is going to be punished. Second, I get we want people in the stands. Third, we absolutely want the berms full. And they will be in this scenario and when we are "full".

vCash
    First, nobody is going to be punished. Second, I get we want people in the stands. Third, we absolutely want the berms full. And they will be in this scenario and when we are "full".
    Jsu tickets were sold under a different premise than Tulane. They were first come first serve. Tulane were sold as part of the "pre conference" sell and priority got those people those if they had tickets before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I thought they were calling a special session. Also, I took what she said as she didn't agree but it would be up to the board of supervisors and alderman.
    Either way it would be hard if not impossible to regulate a mask mandate at a bar or restaurant that's at full capacity without a restricted curfew. And the city doesn't have a mandate on capacity or curfew. Those were state regulations that were enforced differently from location to location

vCash
    I'm going off of what the Genespage crew is saying as far as unused tickets by ticket holders being "looked at" and those fans possibly having to buy fewer tickets in the future.

vCash
    I only see 4 Tix on stubhub for Friday's game. None for Saturday or Sunday as of now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Yes the sheep who fall for the scare tactics won't be there.
    **** you.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    **** you.
    Boo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    This is what is total bullshit. They take everything away and then when they finally give just a little bit back we are all just grateful to take the crumbs because it’s better than nothing. I have been one of the only Cohen and Keenum supporters on here but the fact that the governor says we can have 100 % attendance and they aren’t going to 100% attendance is complete and total bullshit. They both deserve a ton of heat for this bullshit.
    Yes, but, there are logistics involved. Not sure if we can have concessions and tickets ready for a full crowd on four days notice. Maybe we can. Then there is the issue of giving ticketholders some notice. Not sure what message was given to people that purchased tickets, but potentially they bought it with the expectation of having restricted capacity,a nd some of them may not feel comfortable attending with full capacity. If they weren't warned of the possibility that more tickets would be sold, I don't mind giving them a week's notice and some sort of refund option if they aren't comfortable attending with full capacity.

If we're not fully open by the next weekend, they need to be bitch slapped. But needing a little more than a week to figure it out and implement it doesn't bother me.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yes, but, there are logistics involved. Not sure if we can have concessions and tickets ready for a full crowd on four days notice. Maybe we can. Then there is the issue of giving ticketholders some notice. Not sure what message was given to people that purchased tickets, but potentially they bought it with the expectation of having restricted capacity,a nd some of them may not feel comfortable attending with full capacity. If they weren't warned of the possibility that more tickets would be sold, I don't mind giving them a week's notice and some sort of refund option if they aren't comfortable attending with full capacity.

If we're not fully open by the next weekend, they need to be bitch slapped. But needing a little more than a week to figure it out and implement it doesn't bother me.

The main job of the AD is to have this planned out and ready to go (outside of coaching hires). They have had 12 months to formulate a plan for this. If they were caught off guard by the governor’s order then shame on them for not having a plan. If we are full capacity next weekend it’s more understandable but I don’t think we will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I will be sure to tell my dead father-in-law that Covid was just a scare tactic. I am sure he will be impressed. As will my two cousins and three friends that are cold and in the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Lol okay.