Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Softball Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I’m sorry but they are greatly underperforming
    if they don't mind being a fat butt neither should we.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    They aren't underperforming. They faced one of the top 3 pitchers in the country and a top 5 team. Errors on a couple bunts beat us. AL only had a few hits. We have to hit bombs to score because we can't create runs like AL, who has a lot of speed.
    That?s literally his point though, that we don?t have the speed and it?s limiting us.

S&C is a completely valid thing to discuss in ANY SPORT! I remember year before last when we talked about how out of shape the football team was, we pointed out that Errol Thompson had a beer gut. Not a single person accused those worried about S&C of being negative, attacking the players, or being sexist.

Now, is the team underperforming? Is trading speed for power a bad decision? I don?t know. That?s not my point- my point is that it?s a completely valid point to be concerned about a sports S&C program.

The sexism I see isn?t from Preacher. It?s from the posters that cannot see the softball team as athletes, but only as girls. It?s valid to discuss anything that affects their on field performance as athletes. Especially because this is more about the coaching staff than it is any particular player
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 03-04-2021 at 09:52 AM.

vCash
    We can?t comment on a player seemingly not being conditioned well?
    You didn't comment about their 'conditioning.' The OP was about their size.

I?m sorry but they are greatly underperforming
    Did a softball player steal your lunch money? This team just got up to #16 in the nation (told it is highest ranking in the history of MSU softball and just had the longest win streak in the nation snapped. Yea, wish there were more MSU teams 'underperforming' and getting up to #16, having a winning 8-5 record, and coming off a nation leading win streak! They have also played three top 20 teams.

So not only can we not run bases well but we make up for it by striking out too much? Nice!
    MSU, besides slugging 16 HRs, has stolen 19 bases on the year, while only been CS 3 times. Two weeks ago, they stole 7 bases in a single game. Not bad for a team that you said .. 'So not only can we not run bases well' and is 'a larger than average team!'

You owe the Coaches, Players and MSU an apology. They deserve better from their 'fans.'
    Last edited by BiscuitEater; 03-04-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    That?s literally his point though, that we don?t have the speed and it?s limiting us.

S&C is a completely valid thing to discuss in ANY SPORT! I remember year before last when we talked about how out of shape the football team was, we pointed out that Errol Thompson had a beer gut. Not a single person accused those worried about S&C of being negative, attacking the players, or being sexist.

Now, is the team underperforming? Is trading speed for power a bad decision? I don?t know. That?s not my point- my point is that it?s a completely valid point to be concerned about a sports S&C program.

The sexism I see isn?t from Preacher. It?s from the posters that cannot see the softball team as athletes, but only as girls. It?s valid to discuss anything that affects their on field performance as athletes. Especially because this is more about the coaching staff than it is any particular player
    That was MY point, not his. We aren't underachieving based on what we've got. We've played a rough schedule the last week. We've had a lot of injuries. S&C is a problem IMO. We're exactly what I said we were. Limited athletically, hit bombs, and very limited pitching.
    We're a top 25 team in one of the toughest conferences in the country. We get OM next. Lose the series to them, & we're underachieving.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-04-2021 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    You didn't comment about their 'conditioning.' The OP was about their size.

Did a softball player steal your lunch money? This team just got up to #16 in the nation (told it is highest ranking in the history of MSU softball and just had the longest win streak in the nation snapped. Yea, wish there were more MSU teams 'underperforming' and getting up to #16, having a winning 8-5 record, and coming off a nation leading win streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot:
    14 Ks in 6 innings against Fouts for AL. That's a career high for her.

Cooterpoot was posting about 'our' pitcher, Aspen Wesley, who got 14 SOs against #2 Bama and has huge future potential for 'our' team. And, MSU, besides slugging 16 HRs, has stolen 19 bases on the year, while only been CS 3 times. Two weeks ago, they stole 7 bases in a single game. Not bad for a team that you said .. 'So not only can we not run bases well' and is 'a larger than average team!' They have also played three top 20 teams.

You owe the Coaches, Players and MSU an apology. They deserve better from their 'fans.'
    AL struck us out 16 times. Aspen pitched well enough too, but her defense let her down and we obviously couldn't hit Fouts who is fantastic!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    AL struck us out 16 times. Aspen pitched well enough too, but her defense let her down and we obviously couldn't hit Fouts who is fantastic!
    My bad .. misunderstood about the SOs. Went back and edited my post to clarify. I do think MSU softball has shown vast improvement and has a bright future!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    FLM/Fat Lives Matter!

vCash
    How did this thread get this long without a rebuttal?

https://www.tiktok.com/@kenleyyyyhawk?lang=en

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    FLM/Fat Lives Matter!
    Ridiculous BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    My bad .. misunderstood about the SOs. Went back and edited my post to clarify. I do think MSU softball has shown vast improvement and has a bright future!
    We are improved over the years and MS has some of the worst softball you'll see, so recruiting is limited instate. It's a tough job. But we need to get over the hump and find a way to finish top 6 and host a super.