Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Softball Team

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Softball Team

I?m a big ole boy, so I mean zero disrespect, I?m just wondering if I?m the only one who noticed we have a larger than average team?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    We lack speed & athleticism because they've gotten them too big. I coached one of the kids and she's put on 15 LBs since arriving. She didn't need it. Our pitching sucks too! Almost all too big as well.

vCash
    They could be following the example of their head coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    We lack speed & athleticism because they've gotten them too big. I coached one of the kids and she's put on 15 LBs since arriving. She didn't need it. Our pitching sucks too! Almost all too big as well.
    Yup!! Speed is where it’s at in softball. Period. And Aspen is the best Pitcher we have and it’s not even close but we aren’t using her except for midweek stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yup!! Speed is where it’s at in softball. Period. And Aspen is the best Pitcher we have and it’s not even close but we aren’t using her except for midweek stuff.
    They're still trying to figure out the pitching. We just don't have a stud.

vCash
    Another reason to be mad about Vic leaving...he always had several players that were easy on the eyes!!!

Oh my bad...wrong sport

vCash
    Sounds like we re-allocated Joe Moorhead's S&C to softball.

Have they been to the water park lately?

vCash
    Not trying to be cancel culture here but can we not comment on the size of these young ladies. I'd expect more from a pastor. Maybe I'm sensitive suns I have a daughter is some would consider bigger and you don't understand what all she has to go through. Sorry if this offends people but those girls don't need to be shamed

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    They're still trying to figure out the pitching. We just don't have a stud.
    What happened to the girl from Neshoba? Wasn't she supposed to be a stud? Forgive me I don't follow softball that much but I remember hearing on a podcast a few years back that we had gotten a phenom pitcher from Neshoba I think.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not trying to be cancel culture here but can we not comment on the size of these young ladies. I'd expect more from a pastor. Maybe I'm sensitive suns I have a daughter is some would consider bigger and you don't understand what all she has to go through. Sorry if this offends people but those girls don't need to be shamed
    We wouldn't be MSU if we didn't destroy our own.

vCash
    Some of these girls have added the size since arriving. I don't have an issue discussing it as long as people aren't making fun etc. I think it's a legit concern with all the weight being added and in the sense that we lack some athleticism and speed. Obviously we like girls with size because they bring power. But the team is limit overall because of the lack of speed and athleticism. We'll be at the bottom of the conference in stolen bases and taking extra bases on hits. It's simply part of softball. If they win doing it, this all goes quiet anyway. Great chance with AL right now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    What happened to the girl from Neshoba? Wasn't she supposed to be a stud? Forgive me I don't follow softball that much but I remember hearing on a podcast a few years back that we had gotten a phenom pitcher from Neshoba I think.
    I tried to tell everyone she was good but not elite. She's been ok so far. Seems to have an inning that gets her most games but so do all of our pitchers. I liked what I saw last week. She just needs more experience to get past the bumps.

vCash
    We can’t comment on a player seemingly not being conditioned well? Good grief. I am fat. Bad fat. I’m not making fun of anyone. I just think we should be recruiting speed and developing some of these girls bodies to be more successful as a program. My Lord.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    She’s the best pitcher we have. Easily.

vCash
    I?m a big ole boy, so I mean zero disrespect, I?m just wondering if I?m the only one who noticed we have a larger than average team?
    Instead of finding 'anything' positive to say about the team, you point out that we have 'a larger than average team.' NOT, that they are winning, not that they are smashing HRs, BUT that they are larger than average team. And, you absolutely meant to 'disrespect' the team or you would not have posted it!
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Instead of finding 'anything' positive to say about the team, you point out that we have 'a larger than average team.' NOT, that they are winning, not that they are smashing HRs, BUT that they are larger than average team. And, you absolutely meant to 'disrespect' the team or you would not have posted it!
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Glad I don't belong to your "flock". Would hate if my pastor was on a message board pointing out how out of shape my daughter is when his fat ass is gasping for air trying to preach the good word.
    Sorry...

vCash
    14 Ks in 6 innings against Fouts for AL. That's a career high for her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    I’m sorry but they are greatly underperforming

vCash
    14 Ks in 6 innings against Fouts for AL. That's a career high for her.
    So not only can we not run bases well but we make up for it by striking out too much? Nice!

vCash
    I’m sorry but they are greatly underperforming
    They aren't underperforming. They faced one of the top 3 pitchers in the country and a top 5 team. Errors on a couple bunts beat us. AL only had a few hits. We have to hit bombs to score because we can't create runs like AL, who has a lot of speed.