Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
I just think there's a lot of cancers within that team at the moment. We went star chasing and recruiting and got burned. It's going to happen. I mean I know it sounds stupid and when you're winning the problems get overlooked, but the TikToks and the Instagrams before and after the games is just another checkmark that this team isn't bought in. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have fun and live it up, but before a game you probably need to be locked in unless the team is successful when they're loose, and this team isn't successful loose or uptight. I just think it's another thing against Penson. You have to be able to learn how to mold your team and I understand with COVID that being with them and getting to know them was a bit harder, but good coaches establish a culture from Day 1.
You can watch the game and see 2-3 major cancers getting minutes, plain as day. Everyone knows who they are. No bball team with that many cancers will be worth a lick. Now it wasn't an issue last year so who is to blame? Easy - coach. Yes players should not have that attitude but that is humanity and why a coach has to manage that. Vic kept any cancer at bay throughout his time here which is why we won. Remember he sat 4 starters that year in NCAAT. Not that they were cancers like we have now just attitude adjustments. We have full fledge stage 4 cancer that has spread.

Yep hiring a coach is not easy especially when you don't know what you are doing. A rookie hiring a rookie ain't going to turn out well with two learning on the job. End of day Keenum made a bad decision on JC and now everyone is paying a price.