Thread: Diamond Dawgs #2 in Baseball America.

vCash

Diamond Dawgs #2 in Baseball America.

vCash
    I don't feel like #2 in the country.

All do respect, I think Mississippi folks must be 3/4 of the subscribers to College Baseball websites.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

All do respect, I think Mississippi folks must be 3/4 of the subscribers to College Baseball websites.
    Due*
    Romans 5:8

vCash

Rankings are meaningless obviously. We've played a good schedule and looked so-so while squeaking out some wins. We probably "deserve" #2 as much as anybody can two weeks into the season, but we still don't know much about any of the teams.

vCash
    That does seem high. It is early in the season and they have to give it to someone.

vCash
    At this point the rankings are mostly about potential over anything else due to the small sample size. Add to that fact that teams have played 8 or 9 games in the last 12 months and it's going to be a few more weeks before the rankings correct themselves and the cream starts rising to the top. I think we're a top 10 team, but I tend to agree with others that right now we don't look like the number 2 or 3 team in the country. Still a lot of kinks to work out in all 3 phases. FWIW Arkansas looks like the most complete team at the moment and I think they'll hold that top spot for a while.

vCash
    We nearly swept the Texas powerhouses in their home state and won 2/3 against a sneaky good Tulane team. All of this as our first round pick arms have been a little shaky. Some minor tweaks there and getting Bednar healthy and we are as good as anyone in a three game set.

#2 more than justified, quit being little bitches, especially Parabrave and Activated Alpha. More like paragrave and activated beta.
    Last edited by Rex54; 03-01-2021 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    LOL. They're trying to stir things up between MSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and LSU.

vCash

We have odd fans

vCash
    If we were ranked 22, everyone would be bitching about how we’re not getting any respect... ai guess that’s Cohens fault also... FIRE COHENZ!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Rankings are meaningless obviously. We've played a good schedule and looked so-so while squeaking out some wins. We probably "deserve" #2 as much as anybody can two weeks into the season, but we still don't know much about any of the teams.
    This^

We've played a tough schedule....and actually won most of the big games. I'll certainly take that to the alternative, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    If we were ranked 22, everyone would be bitching about how we’re not getting any respect... ai guess that’s Cohens fault also... FIRE COHENZ!!!***
    Well honestly if we were ranked 22 that would be way off too.

vCash
    We've done as much as anyone else to be #2 at this point. Just shows how good we can be not hitting on all cylinders yet.

vCash
    Let?s hang some banners if we get to number 1 next week

vCash
    Remember last year at this time? We were sputtering along and then beat a hot TT team that was ranked #2. We had lost our ace and didn’t know who Houston Harding was.

Last year was a more offensive team with not as much pitching and this year is potentially a lot of pitching with a little less offense.

Honestly, I don’t think we can play much worse and should only improve as some of the young position players gain experience.

To me, the biggest wildcard is how James shakes out at SS. If he settles down and plays up to his ranking as a pretty high draft talent, I think things go well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Remember last year at this time? We were sputtering along and then beat a hot TT team that was ranked #2. We had lost our ace and didn’t know who Houston Harding was.

Last year was a more offensive team with not as much pitching and this year is potentially a lot of pitching with a little less offense.

Honestly, I don’t think we can play much worse and should only improve as some of the young position players gain experience.

To me, the biggest wildcard is how James shakes out at SS. If he settles down and plays up to his ranking as a pretty high draft talent, I think things go well.
    The biggest wild card to me is Cerentola. He gets two more starts to figure it out. Time for him to shit or get off the pot. Or whatever they call the toilet in Canada.

We can work around MacLeoud not going deep because of Sims. Fristoe can pick up the slack for Bednar being hurt. Cerentola being wild means that we're going to have to either go with Brandon Smith (likely) which weakens our pen some and stretches us out some. Or go with Carlisle Koestler which also essentially has the same effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The biggest wild card to me is Cerentola. He gets two more starts to figure it out. Time for him to shit or get off the pot. Or whatever they call the toilet in Canada.

We can work around MacLeoud not going deep because of Sims. Fristoe can pick up the slack for Bednar being hurt. Cerentola being wild means that we're going to have to either go with Brandon Smith (likely) which weakens our pen some and stretches us out some. Or go with Carlisle Koestler which also essentially has the same effect.
    Agree with this. Cerentola has the rest of non conference to figure it out or we need to find someone to get us 6 to 7 innings on Saturday/Sunday. I still think we need to be able to get 6 or 7 out of MacLeod so that maybe we can still get an inning or two out of Sims on Sunday and not have to waste his entire weekend on Friday.

If Cerentola can't figure it out though my guess is that we'll just slide Fristoe to Saturday until Bednar is back and then move him to Sundays. Also, as you said we could see Brandon Smith there. I'd really like to keep him as a midweek starter/weekend pen guy.

vCash

Yep Cerentola is a key. Can't have a projected top 5 pick and Ace crash and burn even though we have capable guys. You likely would burn a bunch of games trying to find the right rotation. Cerentola needs to get it together for a deep Omaha run.

vCash

I think we need Cerantola to move to Sundays. Don't need him blowing up our pen on Saturday. Presumably get us a better pitching matchup also so maybe we can give him a little more rope.