Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tulane Series Thoughts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Yeah. I can't figure out why the coaches think that Rowdey should be a lead off guy with people like Dubrule on the team. It's kind of weird.
    I think he'll be ok down the stretch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I think he'll be ok down the stretch
    No question he'll be OK. But even when he is clicking I'm not sure that leadoff is the best spot for him.

vCash
    No question he'll be OK. But even when he is clicking I'm not sure that leadoff is the best spot for him.
    Maybe Bc rowdy has hit in this league and dubrule is earning trust. ... he's gonna be the second baseman but the only reason he got moved up is Bc kj needed to relax.... we don't have a great lineup. Moving dubrule to lead off isn't going to fox our holes. If we are gonna win, rowdy is going to have to hit. Period I think he will..... and honestly that's not me saying rowdy is best at lead off, I don't know if we have one in this lineup. But dubrule is getting ton of respect after 7 games and it's not for what he's done here. And yes I like him... but it's like he's the back up qb or the hot shot signee, always better than what you have.
    Last edited by Homedawg; 03-01-2021 at 10:28 PM.

vCash
    We're short on righties so rowdy at the top being a switch hitter helps.

Hatcher is struggling. Prob move Hancock to the 5. I could also argue moving him to the 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Maybe Bc rowdy has hit in this league and dubrule is earning trust. ... he's gonna be the second baseman but the only reason he got moved up is Bc kj needed to relax.... we don't have a great lineup. Moving dubrule to lead off isn't going to fox our holes. If we are gonna win, rowdy is going to have to hit. Period I think he will..... and honestly that's not me saying rowdy is best at lead off, I don't know if we have one in this lineup. But dubrule is getting ton of respect after 7 games and it's not for what he's done here. And yes I like him... but it's like he's the back up qb or the hot shot signee, always better than what you have.
    Yeah Rowdey has been there but he is also known to struggle early in the year too. Losing Skinner is hurting us I think.

vCash
    Yeah Rowdey has been there but he is also known to struggle early in the year too. Losing Skinner is hurting us I think.
    He has been a slow starter for sure..... Skinner was going to be a factor tough injury to bounce back quick from too.

vCash
    How much longer is Skinner going to be out? Lemonis described him as "dynamic".
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    problem is, even when he gets back, and thats a few weeks away, he won't have swung a bat in 6 weeks, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    As a public service announcement, Skinner is another lefty hitter

It would have been great if Owen Lovell not quit baseball. Big right handed bat, Mr Alabama Baseball, and highly regarded as a recruit...would have been a Sr for us this year. Probably starting at 1B and a fan favorite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    As a public service announcement, Skinner is another lefty hitter

It would have been great if Owen Lovell not quit baseball. Big right handed bat, Mr Alabama Baseball, and highly regarded as a recruit...would have been a Sr for us this year. Probably starting at 1B and a fan favorite
    He quit baseball. Anyone that quit wouldn't be starting for us...it's a ton of hard work and dedication. No chance