Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
A couple of notes:

-Rowdey is a notoriously slow starter at the plate. He'll be fine.

- fielding appears to be a weakness right now but keep in mind that this is a completely different infield than we we stared last year. I feel like that never gets talked about. Give them a minute to gel, and remember there are no reps like game reps.

-pitching makes me a little nervous but again this is virtually a new group. Yes, two of them started last year but we only played like 8 games so... also there was no summer ball and as stated earlier there are no reps like game reps so let's be patient.

-lastly, let's all remember these types of games with the Tulanes and USMs are to get kinks worked out and allow the coaches to tinker a bit. You get the wins and get out, it's baseball you just need to put yourself in a good position for a regional and you have a chance to win the whole thing.

ETA that I know James stared at 3B last year but that, again, only like 8 games and it was 3B not SS.
Yeah. I can't figure out why the coaches think that Rowdey should be a lead off guy with people like Dubrule on the team. It's kind of weird.