Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Geenies game 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    I'll never be upset about winning a series. We have a crap load of stuff we have to get better at and plenty of problems to address. But if you keep winning 2 of 3, you'll be the last team standing at the end of the season. Need to get our minds right, regroup, and get ready for USM Tuesday night.
    After we play USM Tuesday night, we only play 1 decent team (ULL, 1 game series) until SEC play starts. We almost have too many pitchers. Need to get everyone in the right role. I'm hoping we can clean up defensive play. Many will disagree, but I think Cumbest needs more AB's maybe Kellum Clark too. Need a little more pop in the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    After we play USM Tuesday night, we only play 1 decent team (ULL, 1 game series) until SEC play starts. We almost have too many pitchers. Need to get everyone in the right role. I'm hoping we can clean up defensive play. Many will disagree, but I think Cumbest needs more AB's maybe Kellum Clark too. Need a little more pop in the lineup.
    Tanner Leggett impressed the heck out of me with today's opportunity at 3rd. He's definitely earned more PT imo. Plus, Drew McGowan in the 9-hole is almost like a 2nd leadoff hitter when the lineup turns over... definitely the makings of a strong LH/RH platoon situation at both 3B & LF -- (LJordan/TLeggett and McGowan/Cumbest).

vCash
    Clark needs ABs. Hatcher is a strikeout machine right now.

vCash
    I would've disagreed a week ago, but I think maybe you're right. We need another RH bat to emerge in the worst way, and I think Cumbest is the most logical (and probably only) choice. Leggett looked decent today. He was one of the worst hitters I'd ever seen last year, but he jacked one to the wall today.

Regardless of the lineup, we just need to get guys at-bats so several out of them can get out of these funks they're in.

vCash
    Cumbest is going to get plenty against lhp because we have no other choice. I'm not overly optimistic about him hitting sec pitching. Clark is going to get some ab's as the year goes.

vCash
    Landon Jordan has the highest avg on the team, I believe. Legget got a good hit on the double but he ain?t doing that often. He is a late defensive replacement.

Hatcher looked rough early today but he has hit pretty well for the most part this year.

I think the hitting will get better but it won?t be what we have had the last couple of years.

Macleod needs to get straightened out which I think he will. Cerantola, I don?t know what to think. We have a lot of pitching options so we should be ok in that dept just from numbers and talent.

Our number 1 issue that has to be straightened out though is SS. Maybe James is pressing, I don?t know anything about him other than he is rated pretty high in the draft predictions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Tulane ain't scrubs, dude. We have issues to figure out, sure...but this is baseball, and luckily we have all season to figure them out....plus, not to mention the added benefit of actually winning the ****ing series, lol.

Carry on, tho.
    Tulane could have hung with any of the teams at Arlington last weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Guys, Tulane kicked the crap out of us. Genuinely played better than us all 3 games, and they?re TULANE!

We should be embarrassed by this series; not flexing on how we put Tulane in their place.

We were Tulane having 1 closer away from getting SWEPT!

MacLeod had a 2nd bad start in a row. Cerantola hasn?t taken a step forward. Fristo doesn?t seem like a good replacement either. Price blew a save, Self doesn?t have it, Smith doesn?t look ready for SEC ball. Sims is the only stud on the staff. Pitching isn?t what we were promised at all.

Hitting struggled to score in all 3 games.

Fielding is terrible.

But sure, Tulane has no closer and we rallied late to avoid being swept. Time to flex!!!
    One of the worst takes ever. Go get laid!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Indeed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Clark needs ABs. Hatcher is a strikeout machine right now.
    Yeah, seems getting some competition could be helpful

If the senior is hitting like a freshman, start the freshman

Hatcher will get hot and right at some point soon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Tulane has a solid team, winning that series was like winning a good SEC series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Tulane has a solid team, winning that series was like winning a good SEC series.
    No. They aren't sec quality. But winning the series sure beats losing it. They are a regional team though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    No. They aren't sec quality. But winning the series sure beats losing it. They are a regional team though.
    By good SEC team I mean 9-14 level, not great team. Based on some other SEC teams playing nobodies, seems about right to me. Neither of us has the truth on this, all opinion.

vCash
    By good SEC team I mean 9-14 level, not great team. Based on some other SEC teams playing nobodies, seems about right to me. Neither of us has the truth on this, all opinion.
    Like I said, a regional team. Not bad. You can have yours I'll have mine. All good. Happy we left w two wins. There are no pictures at the end of the year when it comes to wins and losses. Just your record

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Tulane ain't scrubs, dude. We have issues to figure out, sure...but this is baseball, and luckily we have all season to figure them out....plus, not to mention the added benefit of actually winning the ****ing series, lol.

Carry on, tho.
    Must spread prior to, spot on sir

Banned
    vCash
    Rep Given

vCash
    We absolutely won that series on guts and belief in ourselves, not on good play. So for that, I am truly proud of this team for winning that series. That said though, to date, our starting pitching is not nearly as good so far as I was hoping it would be and our infield defense looks a bit shaky. On top of that our offense is pretty average right now and looks to be well below average when facing a good LH pitcher where our LH power bats get fully neutralized. I was so glad to see that their closer in the 9th was a RH pitcher. All that said, its WAY better to be able to work on things after a series win than after a disappointing series loss. We have the pieces, its just a matter of being able to put it together and part of that is in finding some more dependable RH hitting when facing a LH pitcher along with our LH hitters at least being able to cut down on their repeated strikeouts against lefties. I believe our starting pitching will eventually be solid, especially if Bednar gets back to health, and hopefully our infield defense will work out the kinks as well. We can't live with our starting SS averaging an error per game though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We absolutely won that series on guts and belief in ourselves, not on good play. So for that, I am truly proud of this team for winning that series. That said though, to date, our starting pitching is not nearly as good so far as I was hoping it would be and our infield defense looks a bit shaky. On top of that our offense is pretty average right now and looks to be well below average when facing a good LH pitcher where our LH power bats get fully neutralized. I was so glad to see that their closer in the 9th was a RH pitcher. All that said, its WAY better to be able to work on things after a series win than after a disappointing series loss. We have the pieces, its just a matter of being able to put it together and part of that is in finding some more dependable RH hitting when facing a LH pitcher along with our LH hitters at least being able to cut down on their repeated strikeouts against lefties. I believe our starting pitching will eventually be solid, especially if Bednar gets back to health, and hopefully our infield defense will work out the kinks as well. We can't live with our starting SS averaging an error per game though.
    I'll disagree that we have all the pieces. Especially with Cerentola struggling and Bednar out for who knows how long. All we have to do is face two left handed pitchers in a regional and we're toast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'll disagree that we have all the pieces. Especially with Cerentola struggling and Bednar out for who knows how long. All we have to do is face two left handed pitchers in a regional and we're toast.
    Under that Premise, we must get Lane Forsyth in the lineup to get ABs and experience, even if it’s painful. One more RH would at least balance the team. If only Cumbest could become Renfroe over night.

But it may not be painful if Forsyth can field at SS, cause that’s another way to lose a super-regional. Poor defense in a key moment. That lost Arizona Game-1. Misplayed fly ball by Reid Humphries.

Landon Jordan is hitting too-good to bench, so it seems James, Dubrule, or Landon need to go play LF.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 03-01-2021 at 10:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    Guys, Tulane kicked the crap out of us. Genuinely played better than us all 3 games, and they?re TULANE!

We should be embarrassed by this series; not flexing on how we put Tulane in their place.

We were Tulane having 1 closer away from getting SWEPT!

MacLeod had a 2nd bad start in a row. Cerantola hasn?t taken a step forward. Fristo doesn?t seem like a good replacement either. Price blew a save, Self doesn?t have it, Smith doesn?t look ready for SEC ball. Sims is the only stud on the staff. Pitching isn?t what we were promised at all.

Hitting struggled to score in all 3 games.

Fielding is terrible.

But sure, Tulane has no closer and we rallied late to avoid being swept. Time to flex!!!
    Go burn one. You need it.