Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OM baseball fans' new twitter thing is stupid and low class...

vCash
    The shark also has a goatee for the Rebel mascot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I blame D1 Baseball the website.

They ranked OM as #1 to get the clicks from this desperate group.
    This is a ridiculously bad take. You don?t actually believe this do you? OM has a good team and has won like 20 straight or something (I?m too lazy to look it up).

vCash
    Nothing new here. Let them have their immature fun now before they trainwreck later in the season.

vCash
    Does OM even realize what they are referencing?

Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 02-25-2021 at 09:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMSDog View Post
    This is a ridiculously bad take. You don?t actually believe this do you? OM has a good team and has won like 20 straight or something (I?m too lazy to look it up).
    If they won 20 straight wouldn't they have won a National Championship in 2019?

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Typical Ole Miss. Man, their fans can't handle an ounce of success. Not that they've really had much in baseball.
    But they sure as hell can handle an ounce of cocaine, without missing a beat.

vCash
    Meh. Let the inferiors enjoy their regular season success. You know that's all they have.

vCash

Who?

NM

vCash
    I guess I’m just imagining that I saw Vandy win the National title and still the have incredible ace that is locked to be the #1 overall pick and another starter that will be around the 3rd or 5th pick.

Plus in baseball, I don’t overvalue pre conference records. Omaha’s matter way more than 19-0 or 18-2 records in March.

vCash
    No doubt they deserve credit for sweeping in Arlington, but then again so does Arky. Being #1 right now doesn?t mean much though. We were #1 most of the non conference in 2006 and then conference play happened. It?s way too early to get a solid feel. In all sports, I don?t believe they should even have rankings until at least 6-8 weeks in. This would at least make the ranking worth while to get excited about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Does OM even realize what they are referencing?

Right? That's a weird thing to emulate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    No doubt they deserve credit for sweeping in Arlington, but then again so does Arky. Being #1 right now doesn?t mean much though. We were #1 most of the non conference in 2006 and then conference play happened. It?s way too early to get a solid feel. In all sports, I don?t believe they should even have rankings until at least 6-8 weeks in. This would at least make the ranking worth while to get excited about it.
    This is the correct take. Rankings before conference play is stupid. I'll say this though about this OM team, they've got good pitching and a VERY favorable schedule. All of their tough series are at home. They get Vandy, Arky, LSU, and Auburn all at home. Whereas we travel to LSU, Auburn, USCe, and Vandy. I won't be surprised to see OM win the West honestly. However, I still think the two teams left standing in Omaha out of the West will be us and Arky. Bianco's teams always play tight and nervous during home tournament games and the possibility of not getting to Omaha with "The Greatest Team Ever" will have them playing tighter than usual.

Also, for those who remember, we started I believe the 05 or 06 season 18-0 and got to number 1 in the polls and ended up a 2 seed in the Clemson regional. Just another reason polls before conference play don't amount to squat.
    Last edited by StarkVegasSteve; 02-26-2021 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    If they won 20 straight wouldn't they have won a National Championship in 2019?
    No. They won 16 straight last year and 4 this year.

vCash
    No. They won 16 straight last year and 4 this year.
    Hate it when facts get in the way of an argument. Glad that streak is over though.

vCash
    And now they lost to UCF at home. This is why I said rankings shouldnt even come out until week 6 or 7 in all sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MedDawg View Post
    After they beat a team in baseball they tweet a stupid gif of Bianco to the other team's official baseball twitter. Over and over.

I cannot describe how much I hate it. Dumbest damn thing I have seen. Low class, especially to lower level programs. I don't ever want State fans doing this.

No offense, but if this upsets you so much, you may just want to get off social media completely.
    Last edited by viverlibre; 02-28-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    OM Fandom is Frog Cake. Yea. I said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Hate it when facts get in the way of an argument. Glad that streak is over though.
    Didn't see that coming right after they got ranked number one.**

Too predictable.