Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill being introduced to allow for non-drafted athletes to return

vCash

Bill being introduced to allow for non-drafted athletes to return

What do you think ?

OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I like it for football and basketball. Say for example Errol Thompson doesn't get drafted he could then come back.

vCash
    I like it. However there should still be a rule regulating agents. It would be a easy way to funnel money to a kid.

vCash
    What are "lifetime" scholarships? Does this mean you get a 4-year ride upon signing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    What are "lifetime" scholarships? Does this mean you get a 4-year ride upon signing?
    that's what I was wondering ... maybe a 4 year thing instead of being renewed on a yearly basis
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I like it. However there should still be a rule regulating agents. It would be a easy way to funnel money to a kid.
    I know in baseball players have "advisors" who essentially become their agents once they sign a pro contract. That way they can go to college and be eligible.

vCash
    OK for non-drafted to come back. Not so sure about the other three items he listed. Don't think I agree with them at first glance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I know in baseball players have "advisors" who essentially become their agents once they sign a pro contract. That way they can go to college and be eligible.
    That is correct.

vCash
    I think in football mostly it would create more problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I think in football mostly it would create more problems.
    Yep - everybody would enter the draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Yep - everybody would enter the draft
    I think it would hurt recruiting and mainly create tension with team chemistry. Kinda like "to each their own".

vCash
    I basically disagree with all of the proposals. And I disagree with these elected officials wasting time drawing up different bills. The only one I struggle with is the transfer rule. I would rather see a free transfer granted once if the player plays fewer than 50% of snaps or something like that. Otherwise, all players should have to sit out 1 year, except grad transfers, no other exceptions. It's too uneven right now on who gets granted a waiver and who doesn't. And there has to be some sort of safeguard for the schools.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I basically disagree with all of the proposals. And I disagree with these elected officials wasting time drawing up different bills. The only one I struggle with is the transfer rule. I would rather see a free transfer granted once if the player plays fewer than 50% of snaps or something like that. Otherwise, all players should have to sit out 1 year, except grad transfers, no other exceptions. It's too uneven right now on who gets granted a waiver and who doesn't. And there has to be some sort of safeguard for the schools.
    The only one I really agree with would be the 4 year scholarship and that would have to have some language to protect the school in case of discipline issues or something like that .... I really don't like the transfer rule either. I'm reminded of coming to a realization in the reception station at Fort Jackson of what have I done? - I don't think I really want to be here .... but having no other viable choice I had to stick it out- and it wasn't so bad after accepting the situation and ended up making the most of it. Commitment means just that - knowing you can get out of a commitment = no commitment to begin with

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I agree, these rules should be left up to NCAA, etc. Our gov folks got better things to do or should.

vCash
    It seems like you'd have to have the pro drafts prior to signing day for this not to be a major headache for both coaches and the majority of the players.

vCash
    I think the federal government needs to get its nose out of college sports.

vCash
    Would have been nice to get Bear and Beniquez Brown back.

vCash
    I like it. Bring them back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    I agree, these rules should be left up to NCAA, etc. Our gov folks got better things to do or should.
    Oh no. I prefer These Elected officials work on things like this. And highways and bridges to no where. And trying to add PR and DC as States. And opening up the borders for ALL who want to come in. Etc...Etc...Etc....

Hopefully sarcasm detected!