Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Bring back Vic

  1. #1
    Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    13,241
    vCash
    15104

    Bring back Vic

    Offer him half a million more than he?s making. Crap even a million more. We have the money. And the money we are going to lose through our women?s bb program is gonna far outweigh an extra 500k a year.
    Romans 5:8

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,042
    vCash
    1200
    Do you not think we offered the bank to him before he left??
    Vic ain't coming back for several reason and one being our current AD. But he ain't leaving TX for us. So give it up

  3. #3
    Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,860
    vCash
    638
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Offer him half a million more than he?s making. Crap even a million more. We have the money. And the money we are going to lose through our women?s bb program is gonna far outweigh an extra 500k a year.
    If we “have the money” then we need to reallocate it so we don’t have 3 people doing the same job in football that Alabama has 15 people doing. Do you really not realize that we lose money on women’s basketball? Dumping money into a sport that no one gives a shit about is ridiculously stupid. It was fine to offer Vic a large contract to stay since he had built it into a giant and it gave a lot of good publicity to the school but we don’t need to go buy out a coach and take money away from sports that matter to fans just to try and recapture some lucky genie in a bottle shit in a sport that loses money even when they are elite. The only sports that make money at MSU are football, baseball, and men’s basketball. Those are the only sports we should be breaking the bank to try and get hires right. The minute we buy out a coach for losing in women’s basketball or any other non revenue producing sport is the minute we need a new AD.

    https://247sports.com/college/missis...get-139822486/
    Last edited by Jarius; 02-24-2021 at 08:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,460
    vCash
    600
    How many times has any Coach left any program and came back, not many. Vic is done at Msu, we all loved it when he was here, but now it's time to turn the page on him just like DM. I hope JC or whoever will do the hiring moving forward has a file full of potential candidates. I like just about everyone have lost interest in WBB, I still have a little for MBB, and a little more for football but we are a Baseball School.
    The post about giving to Bulldog Club was interesting.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dawgology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,927
    vCash
    50025
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Do you not think we offered the bank to him before he left??
    Vic ain't coming back for several reason and one being our current AD. But he ain't leaving TX for us. So give it up
    I keep hearing that. Did he and Cohen butt heads? If so...

  6. #6
    Senior Member StarkVegasSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,841
    vCash
    95574
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we “have the money” then we need to reallocate it so we don’t have 3 people doing the same job in football that Alabama has 15 people doing. Do you really not realize that we lose money on women’s basketball? Dumping money into a sport that no one gives a shit about is ridiculously stupid. It was fine to offer Vic a large contract to stay since he had built it into a giant and it gave a lot of good publicity to the school but we don’t need to go buy out a coach and take money away from sports that matter to fans just to try and recapture some lucky genie in a bottle shit in a sport that loses money even when they are elite. The only sports that make money at MSU are football, baseball, and men’s basketball. Those are the only sports we should be breaking the bank to try and get hires right. The minute we buy out a coach for losing in women’s basketball or any other non revenue producing sport is the minute we need a new AD.

    https://247sports.com/college/missis...get-139822486/

    THANK YOU

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    19,238
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Offer him half a million more than he?s making. Crap even a million more. We have the money. And the money we are going to lose through our women?s bb program is gonna far outweigh an extra 500k a year.
    Cut the budget for women's basketball and put it into football.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BiscuitEater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,264
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    How many times has any Coach left any program and came back, not many.
    Yea, but Ron Polk did!

  9. #9
    Senior Member TrapGame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,292
    vCash
    2475
    Football and baseball should be priority for allocation of funds. Honestly, nobody really gives a shit about WBB. It was great when Vic was here but it's time to move on. Trying to find the equivalent of Nick Saban in women's BB is just wasting money. Put that money toward Leach keeping his asst. coaches.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    100241
    Vic ain't coming back. Too much stuff off the court, not related to the AD. Not gonna expound upon that any further, but let's just say off the court family stuff.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,909
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we “have the money” then we need to reallocate it so we don’t have 3 people doing the same job in football that Alabama has 15 people doing. Do you really not realize that we lose money on women’s basketball? Dumping money into a sport that no one gives a shit about is ridiculously stupid. It was fine to offer Vic a large contract to stay since he had built it into a giant and it gave a lot of good publicity to the school but we don’t need to go buy out a coach and take money away from sports that matter to fans just to try and recapture some lucky genie in a bottle shit in a sport that loses money even when they are elite. The only sports that make money at MSU are football, baseball, and men’s basketball. Those are the only sports we should be breaking the bank to try and get hires right. The minute we buy out a coach for losing in women’s basketball or any other non revenue producing sport is the minute we need a new AD.

    https://247sports.com/college/missis...get-139822486/
    Correct Jarius, Correct. Plus, we better not lose Lemonis, Gautreau, or Foxhall over money.

    We should keep Nikki McCray Penson forever. Especially if she is cheap. Let her tweet like crazy.

    It is sad that Cohen made Vic mad and he left us. No doubt.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Louisville KY
    Posts
    607
    vCash
    600
    It's truly unbelievable we have MSU fans that think like this. Vic left, he's gone, get over it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,242
    vCash
    53427
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Correct Jarius, Correct. Plus, we better not lose Lemonis, Gautreau, or Foxhall over money.

    We should keep Nikki McCray Penson forever. Especially if she is cheap. Let her tweet like crazy.

    It is sad that Cohen made Vic mad and he left us. No doubt.
    I agree with the first part. On women's basketball money - after seeing this last season - we should just pay whoever to coach at 250k because that extra 500k ain't getting us any extra wins.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,202
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I agree with the first part. On women's basketball money - after seeing this last season - we should just pay whoever to coach at 250k because that extra 500k ain't getting us any extra wins.
    True, that is what makes me mad wasted that much money on a losing program that we could use to build other programs. WBB is done now.

  15. #15
    Senior Member basedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,460
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Yea, but Ron Polk did!
    +1

    I did say few or not many, LOL!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    It's truly unbelievable we have MSU fans that think like this. Vic left, he's gone, get over it.
    You do realize this is MSU fan message board? Likely the dumbest message board/social media posters in all of college athletics. We have fans who want to bring back Stanz and routinely rip current/former athletes and Starkville businesses to shreds.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    7,278
    vCash
    586
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If we “have the money” then we need to reallocate it so we don’t have 3 people doing the same job in football that Alabama has 15 people doing. Do you really not realize that we lose money on women’s basketball? Dumping money into a sport that no one gives a shit about is ridiculously stupid. It was fine to offer Vic a large contract to stay since he had built it into a giant and it gave a lot of good publicity to the school but we don’t need to go buy out a coach and take money away from sports that matter to fans just to try and recapture some lucky genie in a bottle shit in a sport that loses money even when they are elite. The only sports that make money at MSU are football, baseball, and men’s basketball. Those are the only sports we should be breaking the bank to try and get hires right. The minute we buy out a coach for losing in women’s basketball or any other non revenue producing sport is the minute we need a new AD.

    https://247sports.com/college/missis...get-139822486/
    That and Bama has a brand new 10 million dollar recruiting suite for football. 10 million dollars! Just for a room where they take recruits. Combine that with the 15 people they have to break down literally every play a team runs along with scouting their own team. We going to lose forever.
    Downvotes_Hype

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,266
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Vic ain't coming back. Too much stuff off the court, not related to the AD. Not gonna expound upon that any further, but let's just say off the court family stuff.
    I call BS on this... why would Texas take a chance with the same family stuff?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    2,242
    vCash
    53427
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I call BS on this... why would Texas take a chance with the same family stuff?
    Home is where the heart is....

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    600
    vCash
    100241
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I call BS on this... why would Texas take a chance with the same family stuff?
    Because what was going on was a private matter. Nothing illegal by Vic or against NCAA rules. Literally off the court family issues.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.