Thread: Keshawn Murphy

vCash

Keshawn Murphy

Any thoughts on men's basketball signee Keshawn Murphy? He's listed as a forward 6-9, 6-10, 220. Looks like an incoming freshman that can help the team next season. Also, looks like a power forward on the college level, very long. Can help at center when needed as well.

Keshawn Murphy dunk from last month
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1352805693657649152

Everyone was safe...God (Father in Heaven) is Good
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-23-2021 at 01:29 AM.

vCash
    Gotta figure we will have to replace ado and jalen Johnson. What do we plan to do to fill at least 1 more spot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta figure we will have to replace ado and jalen Johnson. What do we plan to do to fill at least 1 more spot?
    Are bball players not getting an extra year of eligibility?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Are bball players not getting an extra year of eligibility?
    They are. The word I've read here though is ado is moving on. Can't imagine Johnson wants to stay after losing all PT down the stretch.

vCash
    Dude. Ado has been here for 10 years. Time for him to move along. Jalen Johnson was supposed to be a dead eye Dick 3 pt shooter. He wasn?t and has bricks for feet on defense. He won?t be missed. Put Davis in there with them and let those 3 ride off in to the sunset. Hopefully we can keep DJ for one more along with Molinar and Tolu. Get great experience for Fountain and Deivon. Supposedly always make biggest jump in improvements from freshman to sophomore years and those two need it. And add a couple impact players like Murphy to help and MAYBE next season will be better. Still think it?s time to move on from Howland though. And thar will affect everything if we move on from him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdawgy View Post
    Dude. Ado has been here for 10 years. Time for him to move along. Jalen Johnson was supposed to be a dead eye Dick 3 pt shooter. He wasn?t and has bricks for feet on defense. He won?t be missed. Put Davis in there with them and let those 3 ride off in to the sunset. Hopefully we can keep DJ for one more along with Molinar and Tolu. Get great experience for Fountain and Deivon. Supposedly always make biggest jump in improvements from freshman to sophomore years and those two need it. And add a couple impact players like Murphy to help and MAYBE next season will be better. Still think it?s time to move on from Howland though. And thar will affect everything if we move on from him.

Disagree. If next year were supposed to be a rebuilding year, then sure, let's start getting minutes to his replacement. But now that he's been here this year, we'd be better off if he comes back next year. Completely understand if he wants to move on. He's been here five years and may want to start his career. But playing college ball is still a pretty sweet gig. If I were him and not going to come back to state, I'd try to transfer to a team where I could at least try to be the offensive center piece and get a masters. If he doesn't want to be a good defensive piece in the SEC, he can go have a little bit of fun and try to be a star on a smaller stage. And who knows, while he's almost certainly what he's going to be at this point, maybe a year of an offense running through him against lesser competition will allow him to show enough growth that he can find a European team to pick him up.

vCash
    Murphy is a skilled, three level scoring threat. He has grown a lot over the past two years. He started out as a guard at around 6'3" when he was a freshman in high school. He has some ability to handle the ball and can shoot it from deep.

vCash
    Who stays and who goes will completely depend on who the coach is next season. If Howland is back, like I expect him to be, then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ado return for another year. His pro prospects aren't very good no matter where he goes so I'd imagine he'll elect to stay if he still has a spot. I do think we see Jalen Johnson move on and we'll try to bring in a transfer for his position. I'd hope we'll look for a 3 and D guy. That's a main thing this team is missing, especially with the second group.

vCash
    Are we sure DJ Stewart is not going pro? NBADraft.net has him as either a late first rounder or early second rounder in their mock drafts. He is an old RS Sophomore (July Birthday). The trend seems to be that if you are guaranteed to get drafted then you just go and let the NBA G League develop you more for the pro style game.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-dr...year-mock=2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Are we sure DJ Stewart is not going pro? NBADraft.net has him as either a late first rounder or early second rounder in their mock drafts. He is an old RS Sophomore (July Birthday). The trend seems to be that if you are guaranteed to get drafted then you just go and let the NBA G League develop you more for the pro style game.

Would hate to see it, but if he is given a guarantee he will be taken in the first round, or given a guarantee that they will sign him to a multiple year deal as a second round pick, hard not to go.

vCash

Lol, fitting.

vCash
    DJ has some development to do dribbling and such before he is ready, but that is just my take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Who stays and who goes will completely depend on who the coach is next season. If Howland is back, like I expect him to be, then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Ado return for another year. His pro prospects aren't very good no matter where he goes so I'd imagine he'll elect to stay if he still has a spot. I do think we see Jalen Johnson move on and we'll try to bring in a transfer for his position. I'd hope we'll look for a 3 and D guy. That's a main thing this team is missing, especially with the second group.
    Ado is not coming back

vCash
    We are in on a couple transfers in the portal. I expect to see one announcement in the next week or two.

vCash

If DJ doesn't come back then next year will not be projected to be really any better than this year and we are right back where we started again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    If DJ doesn't come back then next year will not be projected to be really any better than this year and we are right back where we started again.
    I don't know about that. Molinar and d. Smith will still be 2 good guards. T. Smith will be a really good front court player. I expect big jumps from fountain and post. We'd need another guard though. Still, without Stewart, we aren't gonna be better than the 2018-2019 team like I think we will be if Stewart is back. I do think we will still be a tourney team if all the others return

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    We are in on a couple transfers in the portal. I expect to see one announcement in the next week or two.
    Any clues you can drop on who it is?

vCash
    So we got a commitment from Alden Applewhite today. Anyone know anything about him?

I'd like to go after another ball handler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So we got a commitment from Alden Applewhite today. Anyone know anything about him?

I'd like to go after another ball handler
    You definitely win with guards in basketball nowadays....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Any thoughts on men's basketball signee Keshawn Murphy? He's listed as a forward 6-9, 6-10, 220. Looks like an incoming freshman that can help the team next season. Also, looks like a power forward on the college level, very long. Can help at center when needed as well.

Keshawn Murphy dunk from last month
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1352805693657649152

Everyone was safe...God (Father in Heaven) is Good
    DAMN!