Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldog Club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Man this thread is depressing. Maybe I am the only one who is going to renew...

Curious, for all of those not renewing football seats what are your reasons? Just easier to watch at home or is there smn else?
    For me, we are hard to get excited about after what we saw last year. I have to drive from TX and it ain't worth it anymore. Hopefully that changes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Just have them transferred over to your vCash***
    What's the exchange rate?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash

Curious, for all of those not renewing football seats what are your reasons? Just easier to watch at home or is there smn else?
    Just getting older and don't want to put up with the hassle. Plus, driving from the Gulf coast and spending 2 nights in a hotel just isn't worth it any more.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    Just getting older and don't want to put up with the hassle. Plus, driving from the Gulf coast and spending 2 nights in a hotel just isn't worth it any more.
    I didn't renew for the 19-20 nor the 20-21 seasons. The hassle of driving almost 200 miles one-way, and having to stay in hotels was just getting to be too much at my age. And honestly, I haven't missed the games that much. Of course, my first year not renewing was Moorhead's last year, and this year was the pandemic, so I haven't missed much at all. So it wasn't team performance at all - just getting personally worn out. The recent "wokeness" of our athletic program and school is also a bit of concern.

vCash

Just retired and haven't figured out how much surplus cash I'm going to have so this is going to be one of the first things to get cut. Wife likes fall at the beach. After school starts and before it get cool is the best time at the beach. I found myself paying $4000 to watch the ballgame on a 42" TV with no volume when I've got a couple of 65" ers at home. It just doesn't make sense anymore.

vCash
    Interesting responses. Def see the point. Our administration needs to be aware of the seriousness of this situation. I think it is worse than ever before. We may not sell 40k season Tix if this is representative of the fan base as a whole.

vCash
    Interesting responses. Def see the point. Our administration needs to be aware of the seriousness of this situation. I think it is worse than ever before. We may not sell 40k season Tix if this is representative of the fan base as a whole.
    Like I said. This is what it is, tv money up and up. The fans that stay have to pay more. And revenue from tickets at best stays the same.

vCash
    Well then why raise seat fees and ticket prices? The tv money is not a variable. It's a constant. Will be the same amount regardless of Tix sold. Seems we will sell more tickets if we charge a little less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Really baseball seats is the only reason to contribute unless you want premium football Seats. Even those can be found on the secondary market.
    This is the real problem at MSU. West side lower level 40 yd. line requires a large donation, but on the East side, the MSU staff get them for almost nothing and sell to the opposing team.

vCash
    Since they put in all the luxury seating; and started 11am games, you can easily get a ticket anywhere in the west bleachers on gameday. It isn't just the east side.

Also the only reason those east side people sell to visitors is because that is who the buyers are.

I know the football ticket prices are comparable to other sec programs. But unfortunately the school has about priced out fans.

Ticket prices need to get back down to a reasonable price. $20-30 each. The TV money is so much... dropping the ticket prices in half wouldn't hurt MSUs bottom line at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Since they put in all the luxury seating; and started 11am games, you can easily get a ticket anywhere in the west bleachers on gameday. It isn't just the east side.

Also the only reason those east side people sell to visitors is because that is who the buyers are.

I know the football ticket prices are comparable to other sec programs. But unfortunately the school has about priced out fans.

Ticket prices need to get back down to a reasonable price. $20-30 each. The TV money is so much... dropping the ticket prices in half wouldn't hurt MSUs bottom line at all.
    Lovely idea. Not going to happen. The neighborhood that is College Football is like a Gated Community with Excessive Covenants to keep the low income undesirables out. They want Corporation Money. License Fees, and Maseratis in the Driveway.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash

I will renew with pleasure if they allow 100 % capacity. If they do not I will not renew. I'm not paying that much money to sit in a high school football atmosphere. Not being at 100 % capacity 9 months after a vaccine has been available is unacceptable and anyone who doesn't fight to make that happen will not get my money. I'm done with the BS dog and pony show. Grow a set of balls and get with the other ADs and presidents in this state and put pressure on the state to make this happen. Stop being a *****. //end rant
    Last edited by Jarius; 02-26-2021 at 01:31 PM.

vCash
    College Football has a problem and the powers that be don't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. In fact, new rules may make it worse. College football is the ONLY sport where just 10% of teams have a prayer of competing for a championship and less than that in any given year.

And the gameday experience has not been great under Cohen. That hasn't helped.