Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Whoever runs the women's basketball Twitter account

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    You seriously trying to say that the MSU admin is going to be proactive & fire a coach after 1 season? Ain?t gonna happen. Unless there?s things going on behind the scenes that are scandalous that no one knows about, there?s no shot she gets fired after 1 season. Now, she keeps this shit storm of a season going into next year and I?d bet she?s gone after Year 2. But not after 1 season.
    Joe Moorhead says hi from the water park.

I don't keep up a lot with basketball men's or women's but things like today plus lack of effort from the team plus players possibly leaving makes me think that Rick Ray McKay being fired is possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

I don't keep up a lot with basketball men's or women's but things like today plus lack of effort from the team plus players possibly leaving makes me think that Rick Ray McKay being fired is possible.
    But it's not the same, and you know it and know why.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    I checked again... Several prominent boosters have voiced concern over Cohen's ability to run the athletic program. One in particular, has enough pull to get Cohen fired on their own. Not to mention there's about 25 of the top 50 donors who are complaining to Keenum directly. Cohen's not making another hire.
    This doesn't surprise me. I can only imagine how hot Cohen's seat would be had we lost to Ole Miss yesterday.

The learning curve is just too much for Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You very well could be right, but that doesnt make the situation right. She deserves to be fired or her pay cut based on her performance.

Same with Moorhead

vCash
    If we hire another person with similar um....traits I don't see why it would be an issue.

vCash
    I love Cohen but if he allowed politics from anyone or anywhere to determine who he hired or will hire in any sport he is not the man for the job. I understand there are laws in place for this kind of thing but still. Point remains. My problem isnt her race or her beliefs is the fact that we look like garbage and we could care less.

Go woke go broke

vCash
    I don't see how non-effort is a deal. I don't follow WBK, but I see she did well at old dominion. How do you win at 1 program and then fail at one that's set up to win?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't see how non-effort is a deal. I don't follow WBK, but I see she did well at old dominion. How do you win at 1 program and then fail at one that's set up to win?
    Moorhead had the same problem. If they dont respect you it is over

vCash
    Just say what you mean its because she is black! jeez

Archimedes
    vCash
    It?s a good chance she?s gone. One of the biggest things that got JoMo canned after two years is showing up with her.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You very well could be right, but that doesnt make the situation right. She deserves to be fired or her pay cut based on her performance.

Same with Moorhead
    You had it right at fired....

vCash
    Watch for about 2 mins and youll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 99jc View Post
    Just say what you mean its because she is black! jeez
    Not solely..... but yeah that's part no question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Vic can't be happy especially his players that have tanked after he left.
    I doubt he really gives a shit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post

2 different scenarios. Joe had obvious lack of discipline within the locker room and was losing control of the program along with putting a horrible product on the field. And he still got 2 seasons.

NMP is putting a horrible product on the court but she doesn?t have any scandalous issues going on in the locker room or anything that would make the admin fire her after one season. Just ain?t gonna happen. And y?all thinking it can/will happen are just getting your hopes up. She will be here next season and will have next season to right the ship or she?ll be gone. Do I necessarily agree with it? No I don?t. It?s easy to tell she?s in over her head and is tanking the program. But I also know how things work in reality. Unless there?s a scandal or something that embarrasses the University off the court, she ain?t going nowhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I doubt he really gives a shit.
    Oh yeah he does. He's. Great coach and all great coaches have huge egos.... his is being stoked w each of our losses. Makes him that much better. I like Vic a lot. But he's smiling

vCash
    Oh yeah he does. He's. Great coach and all great coaches have huge egos.... his is being stoked w each of our losses. Makes him that much better. I like Vic a lot. But he's smiling
    Hell he should be. We were crap before him and crap after him. I understand it didn't have to be that way, but it is.

vCash
    Good point

vCash
    Not solely..... but yeah that's part no question.
    You would think Bracky could come up with something on her....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I love Cohen but if he allowed politics from anyone or anywhere to determine who he hired or will hire in any sport he is not the man for the job. I understand there are laws in place for this kind of thing but still. Point remains. My problem isnt her race or her beliefs is the fact that we look like garbage and we could care less.

Go woke go broke
    We're assuming that the media is going to perceive it like that. But the win/loss record is very obvious. I don't think Cohen uses politics to determine hires- see Leach. It was like when we fired Croom there was no backlash and any that is there would be short lived.

Sometimes people are simply not fits.

Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    2 different scenarios. Joe had obvious lack of discipline within the locker room and was losing control of the program along with putting a horrible product on the field. And he still got 2 seasons.

NMP is putting a horrible product on the court but she doesn?t have any scandalous issues going on in the locker room or anything that would make the admin fire her after one season. Just ain?t gonna happen. And y?all thinking it can/will happen are just getting your hopes up. She will be here next season and will have next season to right the ship or she?ll be gone. Do I necessarily agree with it? No I don?t. It?s easy to tell she?s in over her head and is tanking the program. But I also know how things work in reality. Unless there?s a scandal or something that embarrasses the University off the court, she ain?t going nowhere.
    Joe won 8 games in year one which is still a really good season at MSU. Joe's first season while disappointing wasn't the disaster that McRray has been.