Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Whoever runs the women's basketball Twitter account

vCash
    I don't know how much the difference between "blocking" and "restricting comments" goes, but I do remember Trump wasn't allowed to block twitter followers/commenters as POTUS because his account was part of "the state" (SCOTUS ruled on this, I believe). I would image the same would apply here, given MSU is a public university. Again, I'm not sure if limiting replies is the same as "censorship", but it's definitely worth getting to the bottom of.

Regardless, though, this is ****ing weaksauce from whoever runs that twitter account. Own it. And restricting replies will only confirm people's concerns, so obviously the strategy here is flawed as hell.

vCash
    Zero chance we fire her short of her being caught w a player..... one can hope.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just gotta give her time to install the air-raid**

vCash
    NMP has ruined this program faster than I thought possible. Absolutely embarrassing.

So we will likely have 2 lame duck HC?s in both basketball programs next season.....fantastic. Can?t wait... APATHY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'd hold up on that.

vCash
    I checked again... Several prominent boosters have voiced concern over Cohen's ability to run the athletic program. One in particular, has enough pull to get Cohen fired on their own. Not to mention there's about 25 of the top 50 donors who are complaining to Keenum directly. Cohen's not making another hire.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    HAHA they should've known that disabling the comments would've just made things worse. If you're going to be soft like the coach and team, might as well not even tweet the final score.

It's pretty remarkable that in less than a full year's time, everything Vic built has been torn down. Women's basketball isn't like football, baseball, or even the men's team. Our fans can and will forget about it, and it'll turn into a sport like cross country or volleyball that no one cares about.
    Already has reached that point/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I heard a good one today- Rick Ray McCray
    Don't insult Rick Ray like that. RR inherited a disaster with only about 6 scholarship players with little talent.

NPR inherited final 4 talent, if WBB was SEC baseball we wouldn't make the SECT. Honestly, we are worst program in SEC within less than a year of Vic leaving. Unreal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Just gotta give her time to install the air-raid**
    Nice. As announcers said today, she needs time to make the culture change. I think she has achieved culture change in record time. They will name the next nuclear bomb the Nicki McCray.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Would not be surprising. Gotta wonder what Vic is thinking about seeing his efforts going down the tube.
    Vic can't be happy especially his players that have tanked after he left.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Don't insult Rick Ray like that. RR inherited a disaster with only about 6 scholarship players with little talent.

NPR inherited final 4 talent, if WBB was SEC baseball we wouldn't make the SECT. Honestly, we are worst program in SEC within less than a year of Vic leaving. Unreal.
    She?ll be doing good to have 6 scholarship players on the roster in May.

vCash
    At one point today, Eli's color guy noted that we had two players who didn't run to the other end of the court to play defense. Is conditioning a problem? He mentioned that only playing two games in the past month could be to blame, but it sounded more like rationalization than a good reason. Presumably they haven't just been sitting around between games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Vic can't be happy especially his players that have tanked after he left.
    He'll probably be getting some of these players via the transfer portal.

vCash
    I bet she's gone. We need a bet on YBYA board!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I bet she's gone. We need a bet on YBYA board!!!
    I'll take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    At one point today, Eli's color guy noted that we had two players who didn't run to the other end of the court to play defense. Is conditioning a problem? He mentioned that only playing two games in the past month could be to blame, but it sounded more like rationalization than a good reason. Presumably they haven't just been sitting around between games.
    See my previous post. No effort. None.

vCash
    I think she gets 3 years myself unless a huge donor just steps in
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I'd hold up on that.
    You seriously trying to say that the MSU admin is going to be proactive & fire a coach after 1 season? Ain?t gonna happen. Unless there?s things going on behind the scenes that are scandalous that no one knows about, there?s no shot she gets fired after 1 season. Now, she keeps this shit storm of a season going into next year and I?d bet she?s gone after Year 2. But not after 1 season.

vCash
    She ruined a top ten program in less than a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    You seriously trying to say that the MSU admin is going to be proactive & fire a coach after 1 season? Ain?t gonna happen. Unless there?s things going on behind the scenes that are scandalous that no one knows about, there?s no shot she gets fired after 1 season. Now, she keeps this shit storm of a season going into next year and I?d bet she?s gone after Year 2. But not after 1 season.
    This... we lose our ass in women's hoops. And big donors were great in ponying up to keep Vic and supplement his salary. But I can't see that many that care to pay her out. And wo a big donor doing it, she's gonna stay. On top of that firing a minority less than a year after Black Lives Matter, just can't see it... right or wrong