Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! Whoever runs the women's basketball Twitter account

vCash

Wow! Whoever runs the women's basketball Twitter account

Is not allowing replies to the tweet with the final score on it.

I may be mistaken but I've never seen that before from a MSU account.

vCash
    Soft as charmin..... put out an embarrassing product w the talent we have and can't take some criticism. I'm usually understanding w coaches. It's tough. But our effort and attention to detail is awful. If you don't play hard I'm out. It's tough to win in this league in every sport, I get it. But at least freaking play hard and act like you care and half ass know what you're doing. They don't.

vCash
    Maybe decision has been made...she gone

vCash
    I heard a good one today- Rick Ray McCray
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    How many more bad hires will he be allowed. And firing them after hiring them is no excuse for retention

vCash
    HAHA they should've known that disabling the comments would've just made things worse. If you're going to be soft like the coach and team, might as well not even tweet the final score.

It's pretty remarkable that in less than a full year's time, everything Vic built has been torn down. Women's basketball isn't like football, baseball, or even the men's team. Our fans can and will forget about it, and it'll turn into a sport like cross country or volleyball that no one cares about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Soft as charmin..... put out an embarrassing product w the talent we have and can't take some criticism. I'm usually understanding w coaches. It's tough. But our effort and attention to detail is awful. If you don't play hard I'm out. It's tough to win in this league in every sport, I get it. But at least freaking play hard and act like you care and half ass know what you're doing. They don't.
    I agree 100%. Expecting 100% effort from every sport isn't unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    How many more bad hires will he be allowed. And firing them after hiring them is no excuse for retention
    The thing is Cohen usually makes a good hire after screwing up the first. It's kind of weird. But I think again it goes back to inexperience and Cohen not knowing the sports landscape as well as he thinks he does outside of baseball.

vCash
    Here's what worries me. We'll censor our own fans before we censor ESPN or the Clarion-Ledger.

vCash
    Is the Twitter account an official MSU account, or is it run by the coach as a personal account?

I seem to remember her being criticized for her collateral interests perhaps leading to inattention to basketball, and it was said that she was commenting on her own account, not the University one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's what worries me. We'll censor our own fans before we censor ESPN or the Clarion-Ledger.
    That's not going to increase Bulldog Club donations.

vCash
    The verdict is in. I expect an exodus when this struggle ends, making next season impossible.
    Last edited by Bothrops; 02-21-2021 at 05:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    The verdict is in. I expect an exodus when this struggle ends.
    Would not be surprising. Gotta wonder what Vic is thinking about seeing his efforts going down the tube.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Would not be surprising. Gotta wonder what Vic is thinking about seeing his efforts going down the tube.
    He should have known it would implode. If he didn't think that, I've overestimated his intelligence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    That is pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    He should have known it would implode. If he didn't think that, I've overestimated his intelligence.
    Maybe not. Prior to and at the beginning of the season we were ranked in the Top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Is the Twitter account an official MSU account, or is it run by the coach as a personal account?

I seem to remember her being criticized for her collateral interests perhaps leading to inattention to basketball, and it was said that she was commenting on her own account, not the University one.
    The baseball account was run by a student manager.

I highly suspect that it's the same for all sports. Whoever did make the decision to not allow replies should be reprimanded.

vCash
    17 NP and the elephant she rode in on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    Maybe decision has been made...she gone
    How much would it cost us to fire her? Seems in a non-revenue sport that paying a buy out is a bold move during covid.

I say no way she's fired, but let's just pretend it happens. That would be 3 hires by Cohen that didn't see year 3 in their sport. Yikes. Again though, she not getting canned this year.

vCash
    With this hire, our program is about to be dust. The offseason is going to be ugly.

vCash
    The embarrassment of our WBK program continues..