Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring football, JSU

vCash

Spring football, JSU

Starts today. Do players they signed in December, if any, get to play, if so does it count?

Ready to see how they do. I hope well but not too well. I feel like DS could be their Mullen in terms of getting the community/alumni to buy in and donate money/upgrade facilities. I know they are no where from SEC payroll even with big donations but I think it could still affect us with some of these low three stars we usually fall back on late in the process.

vCash
    If we're having to worry about JSU affecting our recruiting we are in sad shape as a program.

vCash
    They'll need to make sure they hire somebody to keep up with the money if it starts coming in.

vCash
    How many players in the last 20 years have chosen to attend an FCS school, much less a SWAC one, over an SEC school?

I don't mean having an "offer" listed on the recruiting sites, but actually had an SEC school want them to send in an LOI but chose to send it to an FCS school instead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Starts today. Do players they signed in December, if any, get to play, if so does it count?

Ready to see how they do. I hope well but not too well. I feel like DS could be their Mullen in terms of getting the community/alumni to buy in and donate money/upgrade facilities. I know they are no where from SEC payroll even with big donations but I think it could still affect us with some of these low three stars we usually fall back on late in the process.
    They can't play til fall.

vCash
    If they signed in December and are early enrollees and enrolled in January, then yes. They can play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    If they signed in December and are early enrollees and enrolled in January, then yes. They can play.
    Did they have any of those?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    They can't play in games during the Spring

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Did they have any of those?
    Deion's son I know for certain is one. They've said he's ineligible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Deion's son I know for certain is one. They've said he's ineligible.
    Correct. And none of them can play. Deon was talking about it and said the signing class would be eligible in the fall. I think they're only playing like 6 games aren't they? Admittedly, I haven't kept up as much on the spring football.

vCash
    If players participated in more than 3 games in the fall, then they are ineligible to play in the spring season
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    If they played any football in this past fall somewhere else they cannot play in this spring season. That's what I read somewhere. This spring season is just an extension of last season.

vCash
    The game is on ESPN 3. JSU up 10-0 in the 1st. Troy Aikman came to Jackson for the game.

vCash
    Deion has few former teammates on the JSU sideline
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Deion said the locker room was robbed during game. A lot of his personal stuff was stolen. Ridiculous.

vCash
    His wallet and his phone were stolen...nobody else got robbed according to Dellenger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    His wallet and his phone were stolen...nobody else got robbed according to Dellenger
    Guess this is going to be part of the job for Coach Prime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Guess this is going to be part of the job for Coach Prime.
    Honestly I hope it brings awareness to people in charge in Jackson and maybe they'll actually do something about it for once.

Well, I know they probably won't.

vCash
    Saw this last week. Sad commentary on Jack Town.

https://www.army.mil/article/243108/...rists_injured_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by was21 View Post
    They'll need to make sure they hire somebody to keep up with the money if it starts coming in.
    They better hire better security for Dieons office>