Thread: Any truth that Cerantola did not make the trip to Arlington? Just wondering if

vCash

Any truth that Cerantola did not make the trip to Arlington? Just wondering if

anyone had any insight or if it was just b.s.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    He did not. China virus contract tracing

vCash
    Don’t know details but 24/7 has an article right now stating he didn’t but it is not expected to be anything long term.

vCash
    Well, damn. I was very excited about seeing him with the quality reports we got on his progress. Time for the next man up this weekend.

vCash
    Yeah it’s Covid related (not saying he has it, though). Really stinks. Let Landon Sims rock it.

vCash
    I'd use Simms in relief it it helps you win a game before that. If he hasn't been used go w him. We have lots of options for a game 3. But don't sacrifice one of the first two saving for a third game

vCash
    We have good starter options. Kestler and Harding did pretty good vs TTU last year, for example.

McLoud, Bednar, Harding as starters. Sims, Self as relievers. Price as closer. Kestler as midweek starter. Let other guys get work when games are out of hand either way.

I'm really, REALLY excited for this staff. God I can't imagine being an opposing coach knowing you've gotta score on that crew

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'd use Simms in relief it it helps you win a game before that. If he hasn't been used go w him. We have lots of options for a game 3. But don't sacrifice one of the first two saving for a third game
    Nailed it.

vCash
    Yeah, Simms is integral to the bullpen plan.

Depth is being tested early. Tullar, Harding, or somebody we can’t guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Yeah, Simms is integral to the bullpen plan.

Depth is being tested early. Tullar, Harding, or somebody we can’t guess.
    Have to assume MaCleod and Bednar are going to be on pitch counts of around 90. We will need Sims in Game 1 probably. He's the guy I trust most out of the pen. So yeah, I would play game 3 by ear. I like the idea of Harding or Koestler.

vCash
    Probably around 80 or so I'd guess on the PC. Temp controlled stadium certainly helps in Feb.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Agree fully. I expect our starters on a pitch count of around 70, so bullpen will be big.

vCash
    Rumor going around that we have 3 pitchers out this weekend including Cerantola. I'm so tired of Covid

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Rumor going around that we have 3 pitchers out this weekend including Cerantola. I'm so tired of Covid
    COVID is such a convenient excuse nowadays..
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Probably around 80 or so I'd guess on the PC. Temp controlled stadium certainly helps in Feb.
    I'm not sure what the pitch count should be or will be, but I certainly agree on the temperature controlled environment. If we were playing in 35-50 degree temps, I would expect them to watch the arms a little closer.

vCash
    Not a rumor but some are out.

vCash
    It's been a killer, that's for sure. *

A killer of sports among other things.

vCash
    And that's pretty much how today planned out. Landon can start- but I really like him as a relief ace.

Always good to try to win today and then worry about tomorrow when the time comes. Worst thing would be to lose to Texas trying to "save" arms and then we end up winning game three 13-0 and can't really maximize use of our staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Landon can start- but I really like him as a relief ace.
    Totally agree, today case in point. Having a guy that can come in and slam the door shut on an opponent that has momentum adds a strength to our team that really can't be overstated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    COVID is such a convenient excuse nowadays..
    If it's 'not' COVID related, what is the real reason he stayed in Starkville?

There is a big difference between definition of 'excuse' and 'reason'!