Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Windmills

vCash

OT: Windmills

Do the windmills in the North stop operating during the winter often as they have in Texas

Just never heard that being a problem.

vCash
    Most likely they have heaters (electric from coal-fired plants?) that melt the ice. You'd think that would be standard equipment any where in the US except maybe southern California and south Florida. Any areas other than those in the US are subject to temps well below freezing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Most likely they have heaters (electric from coal-fired plants?) that melt the ice. You'd think that would be standard equipment any where in the US except maybe southern California and south Florida. Any areas other than those in the US are subject to temps well below freezing.
    Probably from fossil fuel from the Canadian fields......oh, wait..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    Probably from fossil fuel from the Canadian fields......oh, wait..........
    If we don't stop using those damn windmills, every bird species on the planet will go extinct....even the flightless ones.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    If we don't stop using those damn windmills, every bird species on the planet will go extinct....even the flightless ones.**
    If/when we stop climate change by using windmills and then the windmills stop working, then what..... we all die of Cold-vid.

vCash
    If/when we stop climate change by using windmills and then the windmills stop working, then what..... we all die of Cold-vid.
    My money is on shape-shifting lizard-people, tbh.*

vCash
    They have de-icing equipment for the turbines and these were obviously not equipped. They can use an appropriate viscosity for the lubrication and heat the lubrication of the bearings.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    If all the go-green hippies would walk around under a working windmill and see how many birds they kill and oil they leak, we wouldn't have to look at those dang things another day.
    When I lived out west, I had a few buddies that had to keep them going.
    The ROI in those isn't worth putting them up.

vCash
    Wind wasn't the issue - wind production actually exceeded the relied upon production - coal and gas failed
    https://www.theedgemarkets.com/artic...xas-power-woes
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Wind wasn't the issue - wind production actually exceeded the relied upon production - coal and gas failed
    So...we need more natural gas, coal and nuclear energy.
    Thanks for the info.

So......The keystone would have helped????? if was allowed to be begun on schedule...

You know....Ben Franklin started all this crap.
    Last edited by dawgoneyall; 02-16-2021 at 07:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    If all the go-green hippies would walk around under a working windmill and see how many birds they kill and oil they leak, we wouldn't have to look at those dang things another day.
    When I lived out west, I had a few buddies that had to keep them going.
    The ROI in those isn't worth putting them up.
    I think windmills are the least of birds' problems..

Source: National Audubon Society

vCash
    Everyone should watch "Planet of the Humans" which shows just what a racket the whole green energy movement is from a funding and also resource management perspective.

vCash
    So...we need more natural gas, coal and nuclear energy.
    Thanks for the info.

So......The keystone would have helped????? if was allowed to be begun on schedule...

You know....Ben Franklin started all this crap.
    TX could start by hooking up with the neighboring states instead of avoiding federal regulation....

https://www.cbs8.com/amp/article/new...6-0e5c0a549707

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex54 View Post
    Everyone should watch "Planet of the Humans" which shows just what a racket the whole green energy movement is from a funding and also resource management perspective.
    Virtue signaling by the leftwing politicians. It's funny how the climate folks think of the world as planet America.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Electricity was going for $9,000 a KW hour! And, this article blames NGas! Hope you are really are not that gullible!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    I think windmills are the least of birds' problems..

Source: National Audubon Society
    Thats crap info. When was the last time you saw A cat or a window take out a golden eagle or a condor? Meanwhile, US Department of Energy has 'no comment' on eagle and condor deaths by turbines!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Virtue signaling by the leftwing politicians. It's funny how the climate folks think of the world as planet America.
    If they were serious they would massively oppose the third world invasion into the US and Europe. They aren't serious. That's actually the goal.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Thats crap info. When was the last time you saw A cat or a window take out a golden eagle or a condor? Meanwhile, US Department of Energy has 'no comment' on eagle and condor deaths by turbines!
    Took a ride out once in west TX with some workers. I saw lots of dead birds of prey around them...or what was left of them at times

vCash
    Fossil fuels will be King until everyone on this board has been long dead. Probably forever. And many of the large oil companies are "moving towards green energy". They pay for it with the billions they make off of oil and gas. They'll continue to make their profits from fossil fuels and they'll look good to the politicians and hippies when they talk about their new offshore wind fields.

Oil and gas facilities provide energy at the lowest cost with the lowest carbon footprint.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Electricity was going for $9,000 a KW hour! And, this article blames NGas! Hope you are really are not that gullible!
    Rep Given; I suffered for 2.5 days without power with high temps below 15, near zero lows and sub zero wind chills. Fed my family with my Brinkman Smoker I've had for 25 years. Slept in my WWII bomber jacket with extra layers with wool covering my head & ears. I am NOT happy about stupid policies that made my family's life miserable. Dozens dead from desperation and lack of knowledge of carbon monoxide. But the truth will NEVER be told by the MSM, doesn't help the agenda.

Last edited by OLJWales; 03-06-2021 at 05:56 PM.