Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd hire Andy Kennedy right now

vCash
    Please forget the hiring of Rick Ray. The process of firing Rick Stansbury should have never started in the first place. The day that Scott Stricklin first entertained the idea of parting ways with Stansbury was the moment that derailed our men’s basketball program for decades to come. This has nothing to do with Rick Ray being hired but everything to do with the firing of Rick Stansbury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawsonmsu View Post
    Please forget the hiring of Rick Ray. The process of firing Rick Stansbury should have never started in the first place. The day that Scott Stricklin first entertained the idea of parting ways with Stansbury was the moment that derailed our men?s basketball program for decades to come. This has nothing to do with Rick Ray being hired but everything to do with the firing of Rick Stansbury.
    He had multiple warnings about his recruiting we were under NCAA watch not investigation but things were told to stop. He didn't. The program was on the decline with Multiple cancers. Oh and not to mention the fight in Hawaii and poor performance on the court. Stans time was up. Your defense of him basically says you only look at t he middle point of his career and not the end

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Please forget the hiring of Rick Ray. The process of firing Rick Stansbury should have never started in the first place. The day that Scott Stricklin first entertained the idea of parting ways with Stansbury was the moment that derailed our men’s basketball program for decades to come. This has nothing to do with Rick Ray being hired but everything to do with the firing of Rick Stansbury.
    Ok cool well you're just wrong.

vCash
    Stansbury was never charged with a major recruiting violation during his long tenure at MSU state. Not one my friend. Don’t try and use that as an excuse. There are no facts to back it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Rick Ray was the blunder not letting Stans go. Anybody that thought Stans was going to turn it around was thinking with their heart not their head.
    Not giving Stans at least one more year with Sidney gone to turn things around AND hiring Rick Ray were both blunders. As you say, both can be true.

vCash
    I’m wrong? How many more years do we have to suffer before you realize what a mistake we made? I guess you enjoy watching mediocre offensive performances week in and week out? You might want to look at our SEC record in Wikipedia to see what the ledger looks like the last 9 years. Maybe then you will get a clue.

vCash
    Let me save you some time. Here are the facts my friend. These numbers might shock you.

Rick Stansbury’s - SEC RECORD - 122 - 102 - 55 percent winning percentage
    Post Rick Stansbury - SEC RECORD - 61 - 96 - 39 percent wing percentage

vCash
    Delete
    Last edited by HailStateSZN19; 02-16-2021 at 08:58 PM.

vCash
    Looks like after several attempts Arkansas and Alabama finally got the right hires. Their ADs did the smart thing. Look at head coaches winning big at smaller schools with bottom level talent for their conference and hire them after they prove to be successful a couple years at those schools. It?s not always the perfect formula, but it normally works. Much better than hiring assistants or coaches at former major schools that only did well because they could recruit. Stansbury and Howland are one in the same.

vCash
    Whatever our AD/AD?s wife does, I hope they already have the guy lined up before they give Howland his severance package.

vCash
    Let me save you some time. Here are the facts my friend. These numbers might shock you.

Rick Stansbury’s - SEC RECORD - 122 - 102 - 55 percent winning percentage
    Post Rick Stansbury - SEC RECORD - 61 - 96 - 39 percent wing percentage
    Let me help you out

Rick Stansbury last 4 years - SEC Record 35-29 .547%

Ben Howland last 4 years - SEC Record 35-32 .522%

We've pretty much been Stans last four years here Howland last 4 years. The problem with you & so many Stans guys is y'all memories stop after 2005. MSU fans have a bad habit of that. We do the same with Jackie & we just act like 01-03 didn't happen. We all love the good times but the further away they get we conveniently forget how things ended.

vCash
    Let me help you out

Rick Stansbury last 4 years - SEC Record 35-29 .547%

Ben Howland last 4 years - SEC Record 35-32 .522%

We've pretty much been Stans last four years here Howland last 4 years. The problem with you & so many Stans guys is y'all memories stop after 2005. MSU fans have a bad habit of that. We do the same with Jackie & we just act like 01-03 didn't happen. We all love the good times but the further away they get we conveniently forget how things ended.
    We are basically comparing the same two people. Recruiters not coaches. I?m not sure how someone can be a huge fan of one and not the other. It would make more sense to either love them both or not like either of them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We are basically comparing the same two people. Recruiters not coaches. I?m not sure how someone can be a huge fan of one and not the other. It would make more sense to either love them both or not like either of them
    Yea but 7 years before he was let go he had a really good team.

vCash
    Yea but 7 years before he was let go he had a really good team.
    Good is the keyword. If it was any better than good Stans would at least have a sweet 16. Actually the ?team? was great in 2004. The problem is that a bad coach and a great team equal NCAA second round

vCash
    You still can’t see the facts - Ben Howland walked into a cycle of above average players ( see list below) that allowed him to win 52 percent of his SEC games.

Reggie Perry - son of a MSU great
    Robert Woodard - son of a MSU great
    Malik Newman - son of a MSU great
    Nick Weatherspoon - brother of a MSU great

That cycle of long standing family ties is long gone. That is why you will continue to see Howland’s SEC record fall off the cliff. By the way, Stansbury didn’t have a chance to coach the sons of MSU greats.

vCash
    So you’re saying we forget how things ended under Stansbury? I guess winning almost 55 percent of your conference games is so terrible. Don’t compare what Stansbury did his last 4 years to what Sherrill did during the 01-03 stretch. There is no comparison at all. You basically proved my point. Thank you!

vCash
    You still can’t see the facts - Ben Howland walked into a cycle of above average players ( see list below) that allowed him to win 52 percent of his SEC games.

Reggie Perry - son of a MSU great
    Robert Woodard - son of a MSU great
    Malik Newman - son of a MSU great
    Nick Weatherspoon - brother of a MSU great

That cycle of long standing family ties is long gone. That is why you will continue to see Howland’s SEC record fall off the cliff. By the way, Stansbury didn’t have a chance to coach the sons of MSU greats.
    So Howland is penalized for signing those guys?

vCash
    So you’re saying we forget how things ended under Stansbury? I guess winning almost 55 percent of your conference games is so terrible. Don’t compare what Stansbury did his last 4 years to what Sherrill did during the 01-03 stretch. There is no comparison at all. You basically proved my point. Thank you!
    So answer me how is 55% so great & 52% so terrible? In a better SEC at that. I proved YOUR point by showing how MSU fans memories are very selective when it comes to former coaches? Educate me on that please?

vCash
    The trend is your friend. The last 4 years of Howlands career at MSU will look nothing like the last 4 years under Stansbury. The real numbers are starting to show up. We should should finish around 6-12 in conference play this year. Your 4 year comparison will soon be way off. Sorry to inform you of that! If my projection is correct Ben Howland will be 36-36 in the last 4 years after this season is complete. After next year, that winning percentage will drop to the mid 40’s. The trend is not in your favor.

vCash
    The trend is your friend. The last 4 years of Howlands career at MSU will look nothing like the last 4 years under Stansbury. The real numbers are starting to show up. We should should finish around 6-12 in conference play this year. Your 4 year comparison will soon be way off. Sorry to inform you of that! If my projection is correct Ben Howland will be 36-36 in the last 4 years after this season is complete. After next year, that winning percentage will drop to the mid 40’s. The trend is not in your favor.
    You're making an assumption about next year. Same way you assumed Stans would've turned it around.