Thread: Daytona 500

vCash

Daytona 500

Seems there used to be multiple lines the whole race and many lead changes, tandems pushing each other making runs, etc.

Whatever setups they have recently on the super speedways needs to be quickly fixed. It's purely single file and anyone trying to do something interesting quickly gets shuffled way back. Not a good look for their "Super Bowl"

vCash
    It was up top. Mcdowell did an Earnhart, Get the heck out of my way. Actually I think Logano let up and that caused the 2 car to let up then the 34 got him loose then all hell broke loose. Ok now the anti NASCAR perps destroy us.

vCash
    NASCAR has ruined its product in the last 10 years..... and that had nothing to do with politics... I used to watch a lot of NASCAR but have watched very little last 5 years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    NASCAR has ruined its product in the last 10 years..... and that had nothing to do with politics... I used to watch a lot of NASCAR but have watched very little last 5 years.
    Same here. The racing sucks

vCash
    Nascar doesn't have any recognizable faces any more. Most people that don't pay attention could tell you at least one Nascar driver (Earnhardt) but now they couldn't name one today. If you ask the random person who Brad Keslowski is or Joey Logano or Chase Elliot is they would have no idea.

Which brings up another issue, Nascar is going through a transition period with Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt JR. retiring. Since Nascar has done a putrid job of promoting their young talent and with their social justice excapades of the past year you are about to see them throw all their chips down on Bubba Wallace keeping them relevant (a guy with few top 5 finishes). Nascar is about to learn a brutal lesson, don't alienate your most ardent fans, especially when your ratings are already poor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Nascar doesn't have any recognizable faces any more. Most people that don't pay attention could tell you at least one Nascar driver (Earnhardt) but now they couldn't name one today. If you ask the random person who Brad Keslowski is or Joey Logano or Chase Elliot is they would have no idea.

Which brings up another issue, Nascar is going through a transition period with Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, and Dale Earnhardt JR. retiring. Since Nascar has done a putrid job of promoting their young talent and with their social justice excapades of the past year you are about to see them throw all their chips down on Bubba Wallace keeping them relevant (a guy with few top 5 finishes). Nascar is about to learn a brutal lesson, don't alienate your most ardent fans, especially when your ratings are already poor.
    And they started going down when they came out with the COT. then it went downhill from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    And they started going down when they came out with the COT. then it went downhill from there.
    Yeah, the car of tomorrow has killed competition in Nascar, add in all the cautions they throw now makes a very boring product

vCash
    It was up top. Mcdowell did an Earnhart, Get the heck out of my way. Actually I think Logano let up and that caused the 2 car to let up then the 34 got him loose then all hell broke loose. Ok now the anti NASCAR perps destroy us.
    He probably failed to signal his lane change. **

I watched a few minutes of the race, then went to golf. Came back to the race just after the wreck, and then a stoppage because of rain.

Are they going to reschedule or is it over and done? I don't keep up with NASCAR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He probably failed to signal his lane change. **

I watched a few minutes of the race, then went to golf. Came back to the race just after the wreck, and then a stoppage because of rain.

Are they going to reschedule or is it over and done? I don't keep up with NASCAR.
    They finished it last night, Mcdowell won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Yeah, the car of tomorrow has killed competition in Nascar, add in all the cautions they throw now makes a very boring product
    Well at least they are trying to go back to more short track, mile or less, racing. They are even going to make Bristol a dirt track for a race. One thing that hurt was all the Tri Oval cookie cutter 1.5 mile tracks. That made for boring racing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post

Same here. I was a NASCAR Junkie back when Mark Martin Drove the No. 6, Valvoline Ford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Same here. I was a NASCAR Junkie back when Mark Martin Drove the No. 6, Valvoline Ford.
    The good ole days of Nascar 4 things were certain, Mark Martin was going to blow a race while pitting, Rusty Wallace was going to have a spectacular crash, Earnhart was going to wreck someone then wreck himself and Jeff Gordon was going to win!! I was a big Boy Wonder fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I will go one better. I was following Martin when he drove the Folgers 6. He was my favorite driver bar none. I pulled for him in the sport almost as much as I do MSU.

vCash
    The good ole days of Nascar 4 things were certain, Mark Martin was going to blow a race while pitting, Rusty Wallace was going to have a spectacular crash, Earnhart was going to wreck someone then wreck himself and Jeff Gordon was going to win!! I was a big Boy Wonder fan.
    Big Jeff Gordon fan myself, its funny seeing him and Clint Bowyer talk in the booth together considering their past entanglements

vCash
    I am wanting to see the Bristol dirt track race. Kyle is going to cause all kinds of havoc on the other drivers.