Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
I was diagnosed this time last year. I had all the symptoms of type 2, but the blurry vision scared me. My A1C was 9.6, and the doc put me on Invokana because of my IBS. He just kept giving
me free samples for about 6 months until he ran out. I was doing great. My A1C was down to 6.4. The doc finally had to write me a prescription for the Invokana, but my insurance called and said it wasn?t covered. I had to fork out over $300 for a month?s supply back last summer. I quickly asked for the Metformin. That was about all my insurance covered, anyway.

Since then, I have been on 500mg Metformin. The only way it doesn?t destroy my stomach is after a full meal, so I take it after lunch. I?ve done well with it up until about new year?s. Since then, I?ve had to work pretty hard at my diet, and my fasting BS is still 150. It?s been pretty frustrating. I had an appointment today, but....
I'd check out your other options now that its a new year. If you liked the Invokana, most insurances at this point are covering a med from that class (farxiga or jardiance I would ask about).