Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
It's just that he seems like he's more of a fit for an analyst role than a recruiting coordinator role to me. So let's say he replaces Arnett in a year or two at DC. Then we have to hire another recruiting coordinator again.

Honestly Hughes fits better at the RC role IMO. Hopson is probably a better on the field coach than Hughes. I mean, if you say Jay Hopson I have never ever heard anyone talk about what a great recruiter he is/was. See Will Hall at the same school being talked about as a great recruiter so it isn't a USM thing.

Heck- I'd hire Reed Stringer as the RC before I hire Hopson and he was on Hopson's staff. At least that hire would make some sense.
Coach Petterson had ZERO experience in college recruiting or coaching when we hired him..
again I’m not saying this is a homer in hire, but there is a lot that goes on with Coach Peterson position than just recruiting..
and no one here or one coach in Miss knew who the hell Coach Vilagrana was..

Getting an Ex college head coach , a position coach that has been at multiple P5 schools, and a coach that has Miss ties is never a bad thing.