Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I see us making two HC basketball hires this off-season

vCash

I see us making two HC basketball hires this off-season

It might sound crazy but next season will be a big season as Covid restrictions are eased up and we probably go back to full capacity. Limping into what could be a massive financial season with the two lame duck coaches we have would be a financial disaster.

Hopefully Cohen has the balls to make a move and make two big hires. Otherwise, this basketball program is going down the drain fast.

vCash
    I hope so on both fronts.

vCash
    0% we fire NMP.

Very low chance we fire Howland either. Our best hope would be for him to resign and head to the house.

vCash
    If Cohen truly loves MSU he will resign and we will get a new AD to make those hires

vCash
    Yeah, we won't move after one year on NMP. People are so scared of the optics of something like this. I say to hell with the optics. Better get rid of her ass while we still have some talent left. Another year like this one and we'll be back to where we started.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    The talent on this team won’t be here next year. Half this team will transfer regardless of who is coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    The talent on this team won’t be here next year. Half this team will transfer regardless of who is coach.
    And that's based on what?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It might sound crazy but next season will be a big season as Covid restrictions are eased up and we probably go back to full capacity. Limping into what could be a massive financial season with the two lame duck coaches we have would be a financial disaster.

Hopefully Cohen has the balls to make a move and make two big hires. Otherwise, this basketball program is going down the drain fast.
    If anyone truly believes that we fire NMP after one year (barring anything serious happening) is not living in reality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydawg View Post
    If anyone truly believes that we fire NMP after one year (barring anything serious happening) is not living in reality
    Simple solution. Tell her has to fire all of her assistants and off court staff. She will either say no and quit or get help building a talented staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
    But, but wait. I thought the players like NMP. Thought she was their friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    And that's based on what?
    We want to cheer for a winner, they want to play on a winner. They see what’s happening far better than we fans do. They signed on to play for Vic and the dynasty that he was building. They are athletes and winning trumps everything. Being Fresh as Hail and winning at tic top ain’t going to keep them happy.

vCash
    Hopefully 2 basketball coaches and 1 AD.

vCash
    I wanted Johnnie Harris as the HC of the women's team. That hasn't changed.

vCash
    zero chance we fire either coach this offseason.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This just isn?t true. Well maybe ?fire? technically. NMP ain?t getting fired for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Haha....someone with such a horrendous record of predicting basketball head coaching outcomes such as yourself probably should not make definitive statements as this.

vCash
    I think I would wait until the end of the year on Howland and see what happens. I doubt we fire McCray.

vCash
    Cohen doesn't have to worry about big buyouts. I could see change coming. Tons of teams made changes during Covid. Both coaches look like they've lost their teams to a point. Lose to OM and I don't see a way Nikki can stay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Cohen doesn't have to worry about big buyouts. I could see change coming. Tons of teams made changes during Covid. Both coaches look like they've lost their teams to a point. Lose to OM and I don't see a way Nikki can stay.
    Not looking good for NMP then. I would say there is less than a 50-50 chance we beat OM in Oxford. We barely beat them at home and we were playing better then than now. She will be back though. Social climate won't allow us to let her go after only one year even if we wanted to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You think Howland ?retires? at the end of the year? I don?t see how he survives after yesterday. The team quit. We won?t win more than 1, maybe 2 games max the rest of the way. I feel like yesterday was the final nail in the coffin. Cohen needs to talk him into retirement and a reduced buyout, let him walk out in good light and for a smaller fee than his full buyout would be. That?d be best case scenario to me.

We need to go grab Craig Smith from Utah State. He?s my #1 want.