Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would You Take Stans Back Right Now?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What great coach do you want us to hire?
    There's a list of young coaches I'd take. Let me ask you this, since he's left what has Stans done to deserve a SEC job again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Kermit resume when we hired Howland was 13 years at MTSU, 3 20 win seasons, & 1 NCAA appearance. If his name was John Smith & not Kermit Davis Jr he'd never get brought up.
    We should?ve hired Kermit when we hired Ray. Kermit didn?t have a great resume at that time, but he was improving. Instead we hired a no name Rick Ray and look what that got us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We should?ve hired Kermit when we hired Ray. Kermit didn?t have a great resume at that time, but he was improving. Instead we hired a no name Rick Ray and look what that got us.
    No no we shouldn't have. At that time he had been at MTSU for 9 years. He was avg 17-15 record in those 9 years. Forget winning the conference he hadn't even won his division in the conference. He hadn't even made a NIT yet. His team was 16-16 that year. So again he shouldn't have been hired & if his name was John Smith he wouldn't even be brought up. Saying he would've been better than Rick Ray is like saying I lost a hand but at least I didn't die.

vCash
    No no we shouldn't have. At that time he had been at MTSU for 9 years. He was avg 17-15 record in those 9 years. Forget winning the conference he hadn't even won his division in the conference. He hadn't even made a NIT yet. His team was 16-16 that year. So again he shouldn't have been hired & if his name was John Smith he wouldn't even be brought up. Saying he would've been better than Rick Ray is like saying I lost a hand but at least I didn't die.
    So Rick Ray assistant coach at a team that didn?t make the tournament was a better hire? Please explain...

vCash
    Kermit resume when we hired Howland was 13 years at MTSU, 3 20 win seasons, & 1 NCAA appearance. If his name was John Smith & not Kermit Davis Jr he'd never get brought up.
    All that's fine and dandy. His program is currently moving up and ours is going the other way.

vCash
    So Rick Ray assistant coach at a team that didn?t make the tournament was a better hire? Please explain...
    Can you show me where I said Rick Ray was a better hire? Ray was a terrible hire. Kermit Davis was not qualified for the job. Only reason he was mentioned was because his name was Kermit Davis Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    All that's fine and dandy. His program is currently moving up and ours is going the other way.
    They're hot right now. You know who else had a hot stretch this year? Howland & MSU. We'll see how it ends up. Last year he had a losing record & was 6-12 in the SEC. Right now they're 11-8 & 6-6. We'll see how it ends.

vCash
    Can you show me where I said Rick Ray was a better hire? Ray was a terrible hire. Kermit Davis was not qualified for the job. Only reason he was mentioned was because his name was Kermit Davis Jr.
    Our program was such a mess after the great Stansbury ruined it. Nobody except Davis wanted our job. We had literally no options. Do I think Kermit had a good resume at that time? No, but we hired someone with no experience at all over Davis. That is all on Strickland and it was a terrible decision

vCash
    Our program was such a mess after the great Stansbury ruined it. Nobody except Davis wanted our job. We had literally no options. Do I think Kermit had a good resume at that time? No, but we hired someone with no experience at all over Davis. That is all on Strickland and it was a terrible decision
    The last sentence I agree with.

vCash
    I will say Kermit seems to be cursed by Crean for some reason

vCash
    Yes, I would take Stans over what we have now but would hope we could get someone better than a washed up Howland or a retread Stans. But at least I never totally lost interest in any MSU team coached by Stans like I have with Howland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yes, I would take Stans over what we have now but would hope we could get someone better than a washed up Howland or a retread Stans. But at least I never totally lost interest in any MSU team coached by Stans like I have with Howland.
    I will agree with that. At this point I really expect to lose every game. I never felt that apathetic with Stans

vCash
    Nope.

vCash
    But I would take Ninja over Cohen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    But I would take Ninja over Cohen.
    Anyone who wouldn?t is completely brain dead

vCash
    Surely we could find some up and coming coach who would take the job. Stans? Not happening.

vCash
    Wait, last time I looked at Elitedawgs (been a while) we were lucky to have Howland. Something change?

vCash
    Why can't some of our fans let Stansbury go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why can't some of our fans let Stansbury go?
    Bc we had our most successful 10 year run ever under him and have been wandering in the wilderness for the 10 years since he left, and our program now has almost zero fan support whereas we had sold out arenas under stans.

All that said, I know stans is never coming back and I'm fine with that. This was just a thought exercise.

vCash
    Doesn't matter...he wouldn't come back